virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Archie dated one of the Pussycats.  They either got back from their space trip, or he dated her before they blasted off.  

http://blackcartoonstars.blogspot.com/2010/09/valerie-smith_06.html

• Maybe Archie launched her into space with his own rocket. ;-)
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Archie and Josie?

did she come back without alan?

or did alexandra succeed in one her plots to get alan ?

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Wait til Veronica heres that.

edited February 2016

With spring so close... my mind wandered and I thought... I've never taken the time to create a single spring in Carrara. I've a question... do I need to afterwards add bones to it si that will act like a real spring does? I expect so since I'll want it to be able to animated also.

Spring... collapse/move/boing... repeat. Does that count for a Carrara thought? If so where do I collect my penny? :)

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • I did see a Carrara slinky once

there's springs under the objects tab.

what kind of microphone should i get for mimic pro?  
    is 16bit good?  the 24 bits?

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited February 2016
    wgdjohn said:

With spring so close... my mind wandered and I thought... I've never taken the time to create a single spring in Carrara. I've a question... do I need to afterwards add bones to it si that will act like a real spring does? I expect so since I'll want it to be able to animated also.

Spring... collapse/move/boing... repeat. Does that count for a Carrara thought? If so where do I collect my penny? :)

http://www.sparrowhawke3d.com/SpringPrimitivePage.html wink

Post edited by DUDU on

DUDU, Thanks, grabbed it but still want to make from scratch for experience tho.

• Yes that is the one, I thought it was a Sparrowhawk plugin and yes indeedy! 

need a fresh cup of coffee.

thinking if the squiggle options other than linear in sequencer would do anything for keyframed morphs, like blinks or making resemble breathing.

thoughts sluggish.  cuppa Tea?

hybrid softbody?  
    like clothifying the skirt of the mfd dress, leae the top conforming.

thinkin i wish they'd put a carrara compatible notes on product pages.  with the new g3 weightmapping type, impossible to tell if new critters are going to work in carrara.

• That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited March 2016
    MistyMist said:

there's springs under the objects tab.

what kind of microphone should i get for mimic pro?  
    is 16bit good?  the 24 bits?

Just playing around with Mimic?  Pretty much anything should do.   Trying to record something nice for a presentation?  A better mic will often be better.  Don't go too good unless you are really after great production sound.  I use the original Apogee Mic that records at 24bit and 48khz.  I have a mic that records at 24bit 96khz but it is too clear; the droplets of water displaced by the tounge can be heard easily, which is not something I want to broadcast to others!

To give things a test, you could just record into your smart phone (if you have one) and see if that will do.  Things have really improved over the past few years.  Or if you have a vid camera use that and extract the audio.

Make sure to record in a fairly quiet place, and avoid echos if possible.  A small pillow or two placed on the desk can make a big difference, or just a towel or a sweatshirt.

Post edited by That Other Persona on

thanks smiley never wouldhv thought of the pillows.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Recording with your video camera is a good deal, but this camera should have a non integrated mic. to not hear the motor noise.

The cameras records in 16bits/48Khz, it's an excellent format.

The recording format don't depend of the microphone but of the association "soundcard/software", but a good microphone is always the best thing to use.

You must also know that ideally, each different person needs a different mic. and  must place his/her mic. sometime in front of the nose, the mouth or the chest (it's the theory, but...). smiley

found a public domain song thinkin would be cute to sin for aiko cats  http://publicdomain4u.com/annette-hanshaw-aint-he-sweet-mp3-download
    meows and mews mixed in  lol

edited March 2016

[cut]   I have a mic that records at 24bit 96khz but it is too clear; the droplets of water displaced by the tounge can be heard easily, which is not something I want to broadcast to others!
    [edit]
    Make sure to record in a fairly quiet place, and avoid echos if possible.  A small pillow or two placed on the desk can make a big difference, or just a towel or a sweatshirt.

For the "too clear" mic problem I'd try rigging a piece of material of some kind perhaps even an old sock or worn out tee shirt to fit over the the mic to muffle it's ears.

Great suggestions for a "quite place" and "pillow" etc. I've a few to add...

a) When possible record in a closed room. Hang a "do not disturb" or "recording" sign on the door handle. Ideally a blinking "Recording" sign on the door would be best... I can think of a few ways this could be done that are not permanent and inexpensive.  Let others in the house know if they must come in to not say anything until you pause to find out what they want. If in an open area record when others are away.
    b) Make sure that the volume for recording is loud enough by doing a short test video first.  It should be easily heard with the computer's volume set at half or a tad lower so that it can be either turned up or down.
    c) Keep noisy pets away from the mic's earshot.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
    wgdjohn said:

[cut]   I have a mic that records at 24bit 96khz but it is too clear; the droplets of water displaced by the tounge can be heard easily, which is not something I want to broadcast to others!
    [edit]

For the "too clear" mic problem I'd try rigging a piece of material of some kind perhaps even an old sock or worn out tee shirt to fit over the the mic to muffle it's ears.

a) When possible record in a closed room. Hang a "do not disturb" or "recording" sign on the door handle. Ideally a blinking "Recording" sign on the door would be best... I can think of a few ways this could be done that are not permanent and inexpensive.  Let others in the house know if they must come in to not say anything until you pause to find out what they want. If in an open area record when others are away.
    b) Make sure that the volume for recording is loud enough by doing a short test video first.  It should be easily heard with the computer's volume set at half or a tad lower so that it can be either turned up or down.

pets >.<  lol  impossible to sing with parakeets in the house.  they just wanna chirp along with the anyone singing.
    they chirped like crazy when i used to play baldur's gate, was some ambient birds in the forests

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    wgdjohn said:

[edit]

And if you have Guinea hens or Geese, then forget about ever getting a clean recording even with the windows closed. There's a reason they are great "watch dogs," they annoy any stray predators away. ;-)

was it Archies had Sabrina the teenage witch?  she flew around on like a couch on a broom 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Maybe there is a small room with a seat  you can soundproof

mostly the door needs to be, 

do not drop your MP3 recorder in the bowl though

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited March 2016
    wgdjohn said:

And if you have Guinea hens or Geese, then forget about ever getting a clean recording even with the windows closed. There's a reason they are great "watch dogs," they annoy any stray predators away. ;-)

I agree about the Guinea fowl I have a flock of 40 Guineas, plus Ducks, Geese, Pigeons, Pheasants, and Chickens. Total about 200 Birds there is no quiet place in the yard or house.

Post edited by chickenman on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    Thankfully we're down to two Guineas. Predators took the others over the last few years. They were actually my Mom's when my folks lived with us for a time. Couldn't stand the obnoxious things. Now we have mostly chickens and ducks, with a few geese and that is fine by me. We probably have less than 40 birds combined.

the hotpoint points south?

i sent camera to the center, and, it ended up with the lens pointing down, 
    was expecting the camera facing foward

which way the target helper hp pointing?

the hotpoint of bulb light is on the flat side?
    sometimes would be kewl to render the geomety of the bulb light when parented to fixtures

after grouping stuff, gotten into habit of centering hotpoint, seems easier to manage moving the group,

an emerging from the secret lake wet hair look 

weight to strand hair?

remember phoebe cates coming out of the pool in fast times?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    MistyMist said:

an emerging from the secret lake wet hair look 

weight to strand hair?

You could try increasing the gravity setting while doing the sim? I have used it the other way around to get floating hair when underwater.

here is my penny [clink] Hello Phil, MistyMist, EvilProducer, Chickenman and all... I think I've got a start for the render contest this month... still needs a lot of work... go take a peek :)