There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,229

AlmightyQUEST said:

butterflyfish said:

I'm curious as to why there isn't a New Dogs bundle. Unless I somehow missed it.

Different vendors and wasn't bought out by DAZ is my guess, I also was looking to see if a bundle was going to show up.

Looks like they are all DAZ Originals to me? 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 2,003
    Huh, last night when they first loaded I only saw the PA names. But the discounts weren't showing up yet either so it must have just been loading more information and the icons. In that case it definitely seems like something they'd normally make a bundle for.
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

AlmightyQUEST said:

butterflyfish said:

I'm curious as to why there isn't a New Dogs bundle. Unless I somehow missed it.

Different vendors and wasn't bought out by DAZ is my guess, I also was looking to see if a bundle was going to show up.

They are all DAZ Originals. And yes I would be interested in a bundle. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

it appears to me DAZ+ no longer offers the additional discount to buy the two nearly relased items together?

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,229
    edited October 8

I might have bought a Dog Bundle. As it is, I might buy one or two of the breeds, but I won't get them all.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • daveso said:

it appears to me DAZ+ no longer offers the additional discount to buy the two nearly relased items together?

It has been like that for a few cycles now, unfortunately ☹️

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

the prices with this current "sale" aren't very good, that's for sure. Some for a day items, none of which I am buying, I already have the door buster today, and the debut and even featured are not discounted much, even with the DAZ+ pricing discounts, etc

• butterflyfish said:

I might have bought a Dog Bundle. As it is, I might buy one or two of the breeds, but I won't get them all.

Same here. The dogs are the only reason I am considering taking the 1 month Premier offer I got*, since I could get several dogs for very little by doing so. Then I'll most likely cancel Premier & buy Daz+ through mid-January, because I do like the Holiday Sale. Or maybe just end whichever membership mid-December, if most Holiday Sale deals don't require a membership. Or if Daz turns that into a hot mess.

After the way Daz rolled this out, I don't think I want to deal with Daz long term, that is past January. So for that short term, I am only taking into account what benefits me the most & costs me the least. 

*my offer is as fair as it's going to get since I'd be trading my last month or so of a Daz+ Quarterly for 1 month Premier 

• The recent items seem to be the same price as the PA sale if you have Premier. The legacy items seem to be a percentage or two more expensive than the PA sale if you have Premier. At least I think that's correct as I don't have Premier and I'm relying on manual calculations. And my calculations include a buy-in.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 339

The recent items seem to be the same price as the PA sale if you have Premier. The legacy items seem to be a percentage or two more expensive than the PA sale if you have Premier. At least I think that's correct as I don't have Premier and I'm relying on manual calculations. And my calculations include a buy-in.

A number of the things I have looked at have premier discount with tokens being close to the same as some of the PA discounts with tokens. Some things are way off, but daz often has sale xhanges where something was an amazing price to garbage price the next day. The way I see it, is this is chance for 30% discount credit for those who want it possibly before further good sales. I always seem to see that when there is a great sale the next sale feels like it stinks until they roll back out the good offers. I think the change with tokens is great. Too often tokens went away before they would stack to 8, or you had to buy a ton at once to get 8. Now for premiere members it will cost you half as much to get 8 tokens for further max discounts. And since 2x tokens days work with it, a Premier member can stack up 8 tokens easily on Monday or Tuesday for only $20 instead of $40, and you can save those tokens for 2 weeks! I mean sure, there maybe problems, but it looks like there are some good things they are trying to setup. I know I have talked about tokens lasting longer many times, so happy they are finally trying that, and making a way to stack tokens faster and cheaper. Also, since you can pay with membership with store credit, the 30% discount is extra useful to consider. $19 store credit at 30% off is $13.30. So if you buy the credit ahead of time to pay for the membership it is not as bad as it first seems. Especially with the improved $10 coupons and free character basic bundle once a month.
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,680

daveso said:

The DAZ+ was an annual offer,or/and for a quartlerly term, so the terms should stay the same as they were when you bought DAZ+  until it expires. Like 1 free product a week, 1 per month, 30% off etc. . . .  so maybe that was just a sales promo and not part of DAZ+ benefits.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

ArtAngel said:

The DAZ+ was an annual offer,or/and for a quartlerly term, so the terms should stay the same as they were when you bought DAZ+  until it expires. Like 1 free product a week, 1 per month, 30% off etc. . . .  so maybe that was just a sales promo and not part of DAZ+ benefits.

Agreed. Pretty sure the extra discount is a promo thing that happens once in a while for specific sales.

I don't know what this sale is supposed to be, but it's sure not Daz+ sale as I remember it. Coupled with the unavoidable new situation here, my wallet is now totally safe. Totally safe. sad

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,507

"Welcome to the Platinum Club Anniversary PC+ Daz+ Premier Sale! To start things off this year, we're offering a 70% price increase to keep the same benefits you already have, or a 200% increase for slightly more benefits! Oh, and remember how this sale usually has a nice discount on annual membership renewals? That's not happening this year; in fact, we're getting rid of the annual membership entirely. You will pay full price every month going forward, and you will like it or else. And by the way, you know that useful plugin you've been patiently waiting to buy? It's going to be locked behind a monthly paywall forever."

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

murgatroyd314 said:

"Welcome to the Platinum Club Anniversary PC+ Daz+ Premier Sale! To start things off this year, we're offering a 70% price increase to keep the same benefits you already have, or a 200% increase for slightly more benefits! Oh, and remember how this sale usually has a nice discount on annual membership renewals? That's not happening this year; in fact, we're getting rid of the annual membership entirely. You will pay full price every month going forward, and you will like it or else. And by the way, you know that useful plugin you've been patiently waiting to buy? It's going to be locked behind a monthly paywall forever."

A perfect translation from Dazese to English. Happy 25th Daz anniversary! ;)

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 716
    edited October 9

murgatroyd314 said:

That pretty much sums up how I feel about this also. So - will miss how the daz + membership used to be like hell, but will stop being a member of it when my paid annual expires in Feb next year. NOT supporting this. And only buying stuff here when it's dirt cheap and that will not happen often when I'm no longer a daz + member. Will buy more at the other store that shall remain nameless of course, just bought tons of daz stuff there on sale. So - this new premium thing will cost them in sales to me. Not stopping buying stuff here, or stopp using daz studio, but it will be a lot less. Currently a recovering dazholic. 

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
    edited October 9

murgatroyd314 said:

Your percentages are too kind. If we're used to getting Daz+ for $35 or less per year, then it's at least a 340% increase right there. Premier is a 180% increase over the $120/yr for Daz+ under the new structure, and it's at least a 617% increase over what we're used to paying for Daz+. So, that's cause for celebration for someone, no?  

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

murgatroyd314 said:

And by the way, you know that useful plugin you've been patiently waiting to buy? It's going to be locked behind a monthly paywall forever."

I think this part bums me out most of all. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,023

butterflyfish said:

I thought that odd, until I realized that it could be the "amazing new Bundle" that will only be available to Premier members... 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited October 9

...back to needing a "buy in" again to get an extra discount (miss that 30 for 30 banner)

As I recall in previous years "Still New" Releases also granted an extra discount  Apparently that has changed.

Also, only a single Daz+ item (the other was the weekly freebie which can';t be used as a "buy in") in the  Debut Releases instead of two..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,345

kyoto kid said:

Also, only a single Daz+ item (the other was the weekly freebie which can';t be used as a "buy in") in the  Debut Releases instead of two..

Jack Tomalin said that from what he understand, they are planning to release a new Daz+ item every day so each day, which is true so far: one new Daz+ item on monday, one yesterday and one today.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

..so one day after being a "Debut Relase" the price goes up now?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562

kyoto kid said:

The discount for Debut New and Still new are different.

Debut new get:

• the usual 30% for new releases
    • the usual 30% (Daz+) or 35% (Premier) discount from your membership if they're Daz originals
    • an extra 20% (Daz+) or 30% (Premier) discount for being debut new if you have a membership

So as a Daz+ member you'd get 44% off PA debut new, or 60% off Daz Originals debut new

Still new get

• the usual 30% (Daz+) or 35% (Premier) discount from your membership if they're Daz originals
    • an extra 30% (Base), 35% (Daz+) or 40% (Premier) discount if bought with a Debut new release

So as a Daz+ member you'll only get 30% off a PA still new item, unless you buy it with a debut new item, in which case the "still new" item actually gets a better discount on it than on day 1.

So it might be more cost effective to wait for day 2 and buy items as "still new" with a cheap "debut new" item (eg the Daz+ item released that day).

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 135

daveso said:

the prices with this current "sale" aren't very good, that's for sure. Some for a day items, none of which I am buying, I already have the door buster today, and the debut and even featured are not discounted much, even with the DAZ+ pricing discounts, etc

Today is even worse, I guess. If I'm not mistaken, yesterday, there was a Daz+/Premier bonus rebate for featured artists; today, nada.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

rokkr said:

daveso said:

Today is even worse, I guess. If I'm not mistaken, yesterday, there was a Daz+/Premier bonus rebate for featured artists; today, nada.

Not that I remember. Only for buying new release, and it's still there. 

Leana said:

kyoto kid said:

The discount for Debut New and Still new are different.

Debut new get:

• an extra 20% (Daz+) or 30% (Premier) discount for being debut new if you have a membership

So as a Daz+ member you'd get 44% off PA debut new, or 60% off Daz Originals debut new

Still new get

• an extra 30% (Base), 35% (Daz+) or 40% (Premier) discount if bought with a Debut new release

So as a Daz+ member you'll only get 30% off a PA still new item, unless you buy it with a debut new item, in which case the "still new" item actually gets a better discount on it than on day 1.

So it might be more cost effective to wait for day 2 and buy items as "still new" with a cheap "debut new" item (eg the Daz+ item released that day).

Yesterday as a daz premiere member the dogs were 75% off with no tokens. Today if buying the debut daz+ item, the dogs go to 79% off without tokens. There is also, 10% off your entire cart if you have 2 debut new items in cart. If doing that with tokens the discount as Premier for still new is pretty good. With 8 tokens and 2 debut new items, DO still new items are 89% off.
  • So, I just found a bunch of manually added content in my product library, mostly G9 & an HDRI set. What's up with this? It's a very welcome surprise, even if I only dabble in G9. 

(Sorry if this has been asked before, but there's been so many posts/threads with the new tiers it is harder than usual to search the forums.)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

Richard said:

There should be some new content for the latest Interactive lessons etc., as well as updates for Genesis 8 to support the Genesis 9 autofit; This will select the new content

sku::87397,88597,88643,88648,88916,89016,91304,91738,92841,104102,91232

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8898556/#Comment_8898556

• AsuCafeAsuCafe Posts: 50
    edited October 10

Sales are a bit quiet this time, most are no cheaper than last month.

But dogs are cute.

There is only one DOOR BUSTER and a new PLUS item every day at a very attractive price.

But I noticed the prices in Victoria 8 & 8.1 are pretty good ,seems better than last month?

Will these prices last a whole month?
    Or come and go like last month?

Post edited by AsuCafe on
    AsuCafe said:

Sales are a bit quiet this time, most are no cheaper than last month.

But dogs are cute.

There is only one DOOR BUSTER and a new PLUS item every day at a very attractive price.

But I noticed the prices in Victoria 8 & 8.1 are pretty good ,seems better than last month?

Will these prices last a whole month?
    Or come and go like last month?

Prices always come and go. That is why this thread is, There's always another sale. You miss out on a great deal and now something is super expensive, just wait cause... There's always another sale.