There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• DAZ_SteveDAZ_Steve Posts: 42

rokkr said:

Updated my account to Premiere but the benefits don't seem to be working (the Bundle coupon doesn't work; only 20% showing on Gift Card purchases... Probably other things I didn't have time to test yet...) Is this also happening to anyone here?

I'm showing your account as Premier in the backend.  Can you try to log out and back in and see if it is resolved?  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

Thank you, DAZ_Steve, for participating and answering questions.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 100

barbult said:

That might be a good plan for people who don't already have an existing Daz+ membership. If I did that, I'd lose the 2 full years left on my Daz+ subscription.

I also see that like an important issue, yes. My current Daz+ subscription lasts until late November next year. On the one hand, I feel attracted to Premier because of the better prices available on products. I've spent much on the store (and on a regular basis) since I became Daz+. But on the other hand, right now, I can't see much of an incentive for continuing doing so, unless I upgrade my membership, which I'm not willing to do under the current conditions (I've been offered two months of Premier if I upgrade now). I might reduce my purchases here significantly, it seems.

• The timing of forcing me to click away the DAMN cookies on every single thing I click on here including the forums.. When I am already angry and dissapointed in them for the premier mess. The premier mess = no daz plus money from me when my current daz plus runs out in Feb next year. The cookies mess - no money from me AT ALL until it's fixed. So 2 things making me NOT spend money here at all - and each of those are enough. Regarding the premier mess - enough to turn my business bying stuff here away. Then the damn cookies. Fix it please. I am obviously not the only customer here w issues of the cookies mess timing. 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 339

The timing of forcing me to click away the DAMN cookies on every single thing I click on here including the forums.. When I am already angry and dissapointed in them for the premier mess. The premier mess = no daz plus money from me when my current daz plus runs out in Feb next year. The cookies mess - no money from me AT ALL until it's fixed. So 2 things making me NOT spend money here at all - and each of those are enough. Regarding the premier mess - enough to turn my business bying stuff here away. Then the damn cookies. Fix it please. I am obviously not the only customer here w issues of the cookies mess timing. 

This is the wrong thread for that kind of message. This is the thread where we talk about the sales or ask others about their experience with the sales. It isn't the thread where we get folks to address problems with the sales. They were separated so that we could talk freely without being told to stop making it hard for support and mods to see issues needing to be resolved.
    DAZ_Steve said:

XiousDs said:

Tomhip said:

Already feeling bad for the forum team... dealing with three tiers of pricing queries in every sale...

I upgraded, but it looks like quarterly and annual is no longer a thing. I like tokens being earned with $5 spend and lasting for 2 weeks, so we will see how this turns out. I was waiting for the next big discount on annual membership, but I guess that is not necessary now. Might turn into a subscribe for a month when planning to do a bunch, and unsubscribe when going to be busy on other stuff.

Also, I'd suggest sitting on that free Character Bundle coupon until later this week.  Rumor has it that there will be a new bundle with functionality you've never seen before, and it might be worth using on it.  But of course... that's just rumor ;)

I thankyou for your potentially useful input. At the moment I have all of the characters available in the basic bundles so I have to wait for something new anyways.
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I was absolutely gobsmacked people were complaining about that sale being extended and dared say so to much blowback

now I am betting a few are reminiscing about those prices and deals, I sure am, I couldn't afford every sweet offer sadly 

My view: People were upset about being misled by inaccurate ads that claimed that the PA sale was ending. It caused people to accelerate buying, when that was not necessary and maybe not in their financial best interest. And Daz did that TWICE! Nobody like being jerked around like that. Many people had already picked up what they wanted from the PA offers, that got quite repetitive. People were excited for the real Daz+ sale to start with its anticipated new discounts, bundles, BYOBs, etc. that have historically been part of that. Instead we got the giant distraction of the Premier level of Daz+ and its inevitable flawed roll out. Is there a Daz+ sale going on today. I was so distracted by Premier, I didn't even notice?

Yup, that's me too, barbult.  Honestly after about the first week I lost interest in it... the GT's weren't to my tastes, and LD was kicking out a lot of sweet deals, but not for anything I wanted. Not at all feeling nostalgic. Had hoped for better when the anniversary sale started, but... well, they often start slow, and even if it stays slow, that first week last month probably gave me enough to play with until the next PA sale. 

As for all the Premier fol-de-rol... not interested in it. My current D+ membership is good through 10/2026, and if they haven't figured out a better subscription plan by then, looks like I just clear anything I actually want off my wishlist during the PA sale that year and only sign up for a month here or there if it looks like it'd make sense with what sales are going on. And Premier content itself is a hard pass if I don't get to keep access.

I'd be a little interested to know if their character converter converts the eyeballs properly, too, and if you get to keep access to the characters you converted once your membership runs out. But if it doesn't do the eyeballs too, then it's no better than what I already have. And now that I've got my main characters set in G9, I'll be perfectly content to become a generation curmudgeon as well, and just leave G10 to the new folks and early tech adopters. I don't even use a smartphone, let alone have the latest model, so fancy-shiny-pretty-new isn't really a lure for me.

• SilverGirl said:

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I was absolutely gobsmacked people were complaining about that sale being extended and dared say so to much blowback

now I am betting a few are reminiscing about those prices and deals, I sure am, I couldn't afford every sweet offer sadly 

My view: People were upset about being misled by inaccurate ads that claimed that the PA sale was ending. It caused people to accelerate buying, when that was not necessary and maybe not in their financial best interest. And Daz did that TWICE! Nobody like being jerked around like that. Many people had already picked up what they wanted from the PA offers, that got quite repetitive. People were excited for the real Daz+ sale to start with its anticipated new discounts, bundles, BYOBs, etc. that have historically been part of that. Instead we got the giant distraction of the Premier level of Daz+ and its inevitable flawed roll out. Is there a Daz+ sale going on today. I was so distracted by Premier, I didn't even notice?

Yup, that's me too, barbult.  Honestly after about the first week I lost interest in it... the GT's weren't to my tastes, and LD was kicking out a lot of sweet deals, but not for anything I wanted. Not at all feeling nostalgic. Had hoped for better when the anniversary sale started, but... well, they often start slow, and even if it stays slow, that first week last month probably gave me enough to play with until the next PA sale. 

As for all the Premier fol-de-rol... not interested in it. My current D+ membership is good through 10/2026, and if they haven't figured out a better subscription plan by then, looks like I just clear anything I actually want off my wishlist during the PA sale that year and only sign up for a month here or there if it looks like it'd make sense with what sales are going on. And Premier content itself is a hard pass if I don't get to keep access.

I'd be a little interested to know if their character converter converts the eyeballs properly, too, and if you get to keep access to the characters you converted once your membership runs out. But if it doesn't do the eyeballs too, then it's no better than what I already have. And now that I've got my main characters set in G9, I'll be perfectly content to become a generation curmudgeon as well, and just leave G10 to the new folks and early tech adopters. I don't even use a smartphone, let alone have the latest model, so fancy-shiny-pretty-new isn't really a lure fomonth

Agree with SilverGirl & Barbult for the most part -- and my last quarterly ends in just over a month. I am also mostly using G3-8 plus a handful of G9 characters that caught my fancy and were on sale so maybe already a generation curmudgeon. (I'm a proud Super Late Adopter, what can I say?) 

My current tier plan is to stay where I'm at with Daz+, renewing it for the next 2 months to get me through the fall/winter sales.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,023
    edited October 8

barbult said: People were excited for the real Daz+ sale to start with its anticipated new discounts, bundles, BYOBs, etc. that have historically been part of that. Instead we got the giant distraction of the Premier level of Daz+ and its inevitable flawed roll out. Is there a Daz+ sale going on today. I was so distracted by Premier, I didn't even notice?

Yeah, they rather went and totally killed the party mood on Day 1, didn't they? indecision Even weirder, there weren't many actual DAZ originals on sale, especially with the Net Gen Future Forces Bundle being made of old stuff that I bought way back in July.  At least there were a few D+FAD items I didn't already have.   

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited October 8
    Cybersox said:

barbult said: People were excited for the real Daz+ sale to start with its anticipated new discounts, bundles, BYOBs, etc. that have historically been part of that. Instead we got the giant distraction of the Premier level of Daz+ and its inevitable flawed roll out. Is there a Daz+ sale going on today. I was so distracted by Premier, I didn't even notice?

Yeah, they rather went and totally killed the party mood on Day 1, didn't they? indecision Even weirder, there weren't many actual DAZ originals on sale, especially with the Net Gen Future Forces Bundle being made of old stuff that I bought way back in July.  At least there were a few D+FAD items I didn't already have.   

What is Net Gen Future Forces Bundle? I didn't even see that on the sale page. I didn't pay much attention, though. I'm more interested in hurricane Milton heading this way. Yes,they really know how to throw water on a fire.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Cybersox said:

Yeah, they rather went and totally killed the party mood on Day 1, didn't they? indecision 

In the end, I barely actually looked at today's stuff. sad I'll get over it and buy stuff, because I have a buying-stuff problem, but yeah, it was a real buzzkill. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,023

barbult said:

Cybersox said:

What is Net Gen Future Forces Bundle? I didn't even see that on the sale page. I didn't pay much attention, though. I'm more interested in hurricane Milton heading this way. Yes,they really know how to throw water on a fire.

NextGen Future Forces Bundle | Daz 3D   

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

Probably worth noting that this year it isn't a Daz+ Sale. 

It's the Daz Premier Sale.

I'm guessing the focus will be on how wonderful they think their new offering is, and the good deals will be aimed towards incentivizing people to subscribe.

Hoping I'm wrong, but...

Cybersox said:

barbult said:

Cybersox said:

NextGen Future Forces Bundle | Daz 3D   

Thanks, I didn't even notice that on the store page.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

Am I not getting something important about this sale maybe? I'm not really seeing any interesting offers at all. The new dog breeds are nice, but there's no way to reduce the price by buying more of them, say. For other DOs, I'm seeing 40% off and, for a few, 70% off. I can increase that by 30% or something with a debut new. Is that it, or am I just too blind to see? If so, it's not exactly exhilerating, is it ...

I don't understand the sale pricing at all. When the ad says get an extra X percent off, is that already included in the price shown, or is it supposed to happen in the cart? I can't make any sense of the prices I see. Its too late at night to mess with specific examples. I just want to know how to interpret the "extra % off". That should be a pretty straight forward question with a specific answer.

• AsuCafeAsuCafe Posts: 50
    edited October 8

barbult said:

I don't understand the sale pricing at all. When the ad says get an extra X percent off, is that already included in the price shown, or is it supposed to happen in the cart? I can't make any sense of the prices I see. Its too late at night to mess with specific examples. I just want to know how to interpret the "extra % off". That should be a pretty straight forward question with a specific answer.

As far as I can see, it is included in the displayed price. I am not logged in to browse the website. Most products are displayed as 30% off .

Post edited by AsuCafe on
  • Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 43

I used to own a boxer dog. I think the one in the stores head is a little bit too small. Just my thoughts.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

@tsroemi this is probably one of those slow start sales. Remains to be seen if/when it perks up. Mostly I think people are still coming to terms with all the changes here.

If you sign up for premier you are able to get 30% off on gift cards, and if you are staying at daz+ that is 20% off with no buy in. Just mentioning it cause for many this could be your gift card top off time which people often ask for during big sales. Just don't want folks to miss that and then be sad if there are good sales later and they missed getting store credit.
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

Ignoring the obvious mishap that is widely discussed (complained about, really) in another thread, I have to say that so far, big Daz anniversary sale is rather underwhelming. One would think that 25 years of Daz would lend to a certain flare of celebrating. No, I don't expect some crazy discount without any buy-ins, but I did expect some convoluted "buy this and get X discount, and then buy that and get Y discount" kind of stacking that would get people excited and spend more (and wash off the bad taste of introduction of their overpriced subscription).

Instead, we get renamed Daz+ for a Day with higher prices (again), "Daz Originals" section that is offering exactly the discount I can get any other time of the year (actually, probably worse, seeing as many times DOs are discounted for other sales), and not much more except for lengthy push for subscription.

The gift card sale without any buy-in and generous discount (generous when considered there's no buy-in) for members is the highlight I think. I would be tempted to get it, but there's no really enough excitement about the sale to invest in the store credit.

The message I get so far is "PA sale was much more important than Daz celebrating 25 years of its own brand, but did you see our new pricey subscriptions?"

I guess the bottom line is: you want my money, Daz? Then you have to make me want to spend it. The last two days were the opposite of incentivizing spend.

• HighlandHighland Posts: 173

joanna said:

Ignoring the obvious mishap that is widely discussed (complained about, really) in another thread, I have to say that so far, big Daz anniversary sale is rather underwhelming. One would think that 25 years of Daz would lend to a certain flare of celebrating. No, I don't expect some crazy discount without any buy-ins, but I did expect some convoluted "buy this and get X discount, and then buy that and get Y discount" kind of stacking that would get people excited and spend more (and wash off the bad taste of introduction of their overpriced subscription).

Instead, we get renamed Daz+ for a Day with higher prices (again), "Daz Originals" section that is offering exactly the discount I can get any other time of the year (actually, probably worse, seeing as many times DOs are discounted for other sales), and not much more except for lengthy push for subscription.

The gift card sale without any buy-in and generous discount (generous when considered there's no buy-in) for members is the highlight I think. I would be tempted to get it, but there's no really enough excitement about the sale to invest in the store credit.

The message I get so far is "PA sale was much more important than Daz celebrating 25 years of its own brand, but did you see our new pricey subscriptions?"

I guess the bottom line is: you want my money, Daz? Then you have to make me want to spend it. The last two days were the opposite of incentivizing spend.

Well said Joanna. Maybe your suggested theme for the September Render challenge was a month premature? ;)

Highland said:

Well said Joanna. Maybe your suggested theme for the September Render challenge was a month premature? ;)

From now on, call me Joanna the Prophet laugh But maybe it's about the balance: September's sale was good, and the theme was a disaster, so now it's going to be the other way round to even things out. wink

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

Problem is my budget was alredy tested by PA sale....

Tomhip said:

Problem is my budget was alredy tested by PA sale....

Mine too, but if the incentives were good enough, I'm sure I'd squeeze something out of my wallet... But with the PA sale being the most recent benchmark, anything less exciting than it will have a hard time of drawing my attention.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

Marty3D said:

I used to own a boxer dog. I think the one in the stores head is a little bit too small. Just my thoughts.

I thought the beagle was a bit small, though I am no expert on dogs (see avatar) - still, they all look good (or well done at least) and scaling a bit is easy. I have two or three of them in my cart.

• Was reminded today of October sales of years past when Daz would put out a "Platinum Club Anniversary Mega Pack" or two.

There was a Daz+ Anniversary Mega Pack after the switch from PC to Daz+ in 2022, but I don't recall if there was one in 2023.

Seems like a 25th Anniversary would be the perfect time to bring those back.

• Blando Calrissian said:

Was reminded today of October sales of years past when Daz would put out a "Platinum Club Anniversary Mega Pack" or two.

There was a Daz+ Anniversary Mega Pack after the switch from PC to Daz+ in 2022, but I don't recall if there was one in 2023.

Seems like a 25th Anniversary would be the perfect time to bring those back.

I don't think there were any Mega packs in 2023, but it's possible as I skipped D+ that year & didn't sign back up until May 2024. I tried a Duck Duck Go search and 2022 was the latest that popped up. Those were nice. Weren't there some packs that were $10 and others that were free.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,229

I'm curious as to why there isn't a New Dogs bundle. Unless I somehow missed it.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 2,003

I'm curious as to why there isn't a New Dogs bundle. Unless I somehow missed it.

Different vendors and wasn't bought out by DAZ is my guess, I also was looking to see if a bundle was going to show up.