Brow Remover (Commercial)

14567810»

Comments

• edited May 2022

I can't seem to get anything to save and then open with the eyebrows removed.  I can open a character (endlessly) and apply, I save the materials per the instructions, then save the character (in all modes - scene, character preset, materials preset, etc.) and each time I get a list of files it can't find.

/runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/femalebase/g8fbasefacemapb_1001_DSZVBrowRemover.jpg

/runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/femalebase/g8fbasefacemapd_1001_DSZVBrowRemover.jpg

/runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/femalebase/g8fbasefacemaps_1001_DSZVBrowRemover.jpg

/runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/femalebase/g8fbasefacemapsss_1001_DSZVBrowRemover.jpg

I have them in BOTH the following directories:

C:\Users\Main\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_42071\runtime\textures\daz\characters\genesis8\femalebase

and

C:\Users\Main\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\1_42071\runtime\textures\daz\characters\genesis8\femalebase

I've read all of the suggestions to this point, and haven't found an answer to how to save a character without brows, and then reopen it without brows without having to apply the "nobrows" scrpit all over again.  I can't reopen some of the characters because they were saved wtih the feature, and now don't seem to have the textures anymore (the Joker Face, as it were).

All I want is for the program to find those four files.  I saw a suggestion to take them out of the cloud folder, but I have no idea where to put them for it to consistently find the files it needs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by carpevis_ed37b0713a on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited May 2022

Have you tried applying the saved browless material onto the figure before saving the scene or character? If you do not apply it onto figure it is still relying on temp files.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited May 2022

@carpevis_ed37b0713a

• Daz Studio will not find/recognize/use any files that a user saves in the Daz Connect cloud folder structure. Never select a Daz Connect folder when you select the path for browless textures or path for material preset in the Brow Remover script. You need to select a folder in a regular (not Daz Connect) library.
    • C:\Users\Phill\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\1_42071\runtime\textures\daz\characters\genesis8\femalebase isn't even a valid path for a file in a Daz Studio library. A valid path would look like C:\Users\Phill\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\runtime\textures\daz\characters\genesis8\femalebase.
    • The path that you use for the saved texture files and material preset must be within a Content Library folder that is mapped inside Daz Studio, in order for Daz Studio to find those files. In other words, in the above example, C:\Users\Phill\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library must be included in Daz Studio as a mapped Content Library. The Content Directory Manager is used to map folders as Content Libraries.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

hello i'm currently having this bug happening

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/570556/brow-remover-error-bug

it's seens the "missing files being the bug.

ok i was looking into the "missing stuff and found which the folder where they where supposed to be is indeed missing a lot

it's this right???? or is missing something???? because it only have 3 masks

• barbult said:

@carpevis_ed37b0713a

• Daz Studio will not find/recognize/use any files that a user saves in the Daz Connect cloud folder structure. Never select a Daz Connect folder when you select the path for browless textures or path for material preset in the Brow Remover script. You need to select a folder in a regular (not Daz Connect) library.
    • C:\Users\Phill\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\1_42071\runtime\textures\daz\characters\genesis8\femalebase isn't even a valid path for a file in a Daz Studio library. A valid path would look like C:\Users\Phill\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\runtime\textures\daz\characters\genesis8\femalebase.
    • The path that you use for the saved texture files and material preset must be within a Content Library folder that is mapped inside Daz Studio, in order for Daz Studio to find those files. In other words, in the above example, C:\Users\Phill\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library must be included in Daz Studio as a mapped Content Library. The Content Directory Manager is used to map folders as Content Libraries.

Many many thanks for that.  That's exactly what I needed to know.  There are so many resources online about DAZ file management it gets hugely confusing.  I did exactly as you suggested and have the files all opening without any issues at all.  I can't thank you enough.

carpevis_ed37b0713a said:

Many many thanks for that.  That's exactly what I needed to know.  There are so many resources online about DAZ file management it gets hugely confusing.  I did exactly as you suggested and have the files all opening without any issues at all.  I can't thank you enou

I'm happy to hear that your problem has been resolved!

Thank you Barbult for the assistyes

Zev0 said:

Thank you Barbult for the assistyes

hello any idea about my issue???, it's happening with a lot of characters making it almost useless now since only few characters it's working.

i'm using the latest version of daz and use the DIM as updates source.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited October 2022

..Ok an odd issue here. After using the brow remover on a G3 male character, the face mat darkens after it's completed,. I've never seen that happen before when using this script.

Using Daz 4.20.143.

They character is supposed have red hair but the painted brows that come with the facial texture are dark which is why I needed to removed them. I would like to avoid removeing the brows in a 2D progamme as my digital painting skills are pretty poor due to an unsteady hand.

[update]

...also tried it in an older version of Daz since 4.20 tends to have issues with some scripts but the same occurs. Uninstalled and re-downloaded yet the change to the facial surface still persists,

See attachments,

#1 before brow remover applied   

#2 after brow remover applied.

test 1 before brow remover.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 392K
    test 2 after brow remover.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 391K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

Can I see the skin shader channels if possible?

edited October 2022

..I'll have to send those a bit later as I need to leave fiarly soon.

So you want the Surfaces settings I take it.

Yes need to look at shader.
    edited October 2022

..OK attached are screenshots of the surface settings and character in the Irayviewport after using the brow remover.

ryan surface settings.png
    2324 x 1009 - 541K
    Ryan viewport post brow remover.png
    768 x 991 - 368K
  • richardc363richardc363 Posts: 8
    edited December 2022

Good afternoon,

I am running into an issue.  I am getting the error shown in attachment 1 that it is unable to find the .jpg file.   When I go into my appsdate folder, I see the named file there, but it is in .png format.  I can open it, save as a .jpg, then continue.   Is there something I can do to fix things so it saves as a jpg instead of png? 

brow remover 1.jpg
    745 x 655 - 81K
    brow remover 2.jpg
    718 x 36 - 7K
    Post edited by richardc363 on
  • Just use the patch tool in photoshop

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90
    edited April 2023

richardc363 said:

Good afternoon,

I am running into an issue.  I am getting the error shown in attachment 1 that it is unable to find the .jpg file.   When I go into my appsdate folder, I see the named file there, but it is in .png format.  I can open it, save as a .jpg, then continue.   Is there something I can do to fix things so it saves as a jpg instead of png? 

I have the same problem, this is very inconvenient because it would work fine if it just used the .png instead of the .jpg. And the locate dialog even only shows .jpg files, so you can't manually locate the missing files either.

EDIT: Well, my problem is pretty much this as well: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/570556/brow-remover-error-bug so seems like that was never resolved? No answer what to do about this in the other thread either as far as I can tell.

Post edited by Rakete on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276

Rakete said:

richardc363 said:

Good afternoon,

I have the same problem, this is very inconvenient because it would work fine if it just used the .png instead of the .jpg. And the locate dialog even only shows .jpg files, so you can't manually locate the missing files either.

EDIT: Well, my problem is pretty much this as well: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/570556/brow-remover-error-bug so seems like that was never resolved? No answer what to do about this in the other thread either as far as I can tell.

So the question is did you accidently move the appdata folder (which is not supposed to be messed with)?  And more importantly, can you move it back?

edited April 2023

nemesis10 said:

So the question is did you accidently move the appdata folder (which is not supposed to be messed with)?  And more importantly, can you move it back?

No, I did not. Also this has nothing to do with the AppData folder, I assume the problem is that the Brow Remover just doesn't work for materials that have .png as textures. I does seem to attempt to convert them to .jpg, but the code tries to open the converted .jpg before it is ready or something like that. I guess most people don't notice since the vast majority of materials have .jpg as textures. Just an assumption though, I have not actually verified that. But I do know that Brow Remover usually works for me too. But then randomly decides to do that weird missing files thing that me, richardc363 and Ellessarr are experiencing.

Post edited by Rakete on

Rakete said:

nemesis10 said:

No, I did not. Also this has nothing to do with the AppData folder, I assume the problem is that the Brow Remover just doesn't work for materials that have .png as textures. I does seem to attempt to convert them to .jpg, but the code tries to open the converted .jpg before it is ready or something like that. I guess most people don't notice since the vast majority of materials have .jpg as textures. Just an assumption though, I have not actually verified that. But I do know that Brow Remover usually works for me too. But then randomly decides to do that weird missing files thing that me, richardc363 and Ellessarr are experiencing.

I'mnot seeing that... It has worked with all of the figures with .png that I have.  I wonder if it is os version specific?

edited April 2023

nemesis10 said:

I'mnot seeing that... It has worked with all of the figures with .png that I have.  I wonder if it is os version specific?

Maybe it is when there is a mixture of .png and .jpg textures. My OS is just Windows 10, so don't think it is that either. All I know is that it complains about a missing .jpg, and I can see in the folder there is a bunch of .png files instead. And when I convert the file it is missing from .png to .jpg, then tell it to use that, it works. But the texture then comes out dark and broken like in the thread I linked.

Post edited by Rakete on

Rakete said:

nemesis10 said:

Maybe it is when there is a mixture of .png and .jpg textures. My OS is just Windows 10, so don't think it is that either. All I know is that it complains about a missing .jpg, and I can see in the folder there is a bunch of .png files instead. And when I convert the file it is missing from .png to .jpg, then tell it to use that, it works. But the texture then comes out dark and broken like in the thread I linked.

So I tried a few characters and still haven't replicated the problem so may I have you try a character and show the contents of the temp folder in Daz Studio.  The  pngs are used to generate the final texture but the final resuilt should be a jpg.

edited April 2023

nemesis10 said:

So I tried a few characters and still haven't replicated the problem so may I have you try a character and show the contents of the temp folder in Daz Studio.  The  pngs are used to generate the final texture but the final resuilt should be a jpg.

Alright let me try to reproduce that for you guys. First, lets load Garrett:

https://www.daz3d.com/garrett-for-michael-8

Then lets also checkout that %AppData% directory to make sure it is there and what it looks like before running Brow Remover:

There it is, looks fine from my perspective. Next lets run Brow Remover:

Standard settings, nothing fancy (it does say "genesis 3 mal.png", but the icon indicates this should work for G8M as well, I am pretty sure this has always worked fine for G8 with that setting). And now lets just click "Apply Brow Remover" and let it do its thing...

And there is the error! Notice I actually messed up and this is already the second error popup, I skipped the first by accident, it was asking for d2.jpg first. In the grand scheme of things it does not seem to matter though, but it does actually create a .jpg file then as we can see in a bit. Lets try to "Locate" that missing d4.jpg:

This is the locate dialog, it wants me to pick a .jpg in the temp dir, but there is no d4.jpg. There is a d4.png though (I forgot the screenshot for that, but it is there, I promise!). You can also see there is the d2.jpg from the first missing file prompt that I skipped, where does it come from? I didn't create it.

Since I know there is a d4.png file, I did just enter d4.png (which it happily accepts and even suggests), and pressed enter hoping it would then pick the d4.png file, there is no feedback whatsoever if that worked or didn't worked, it just continues with these missing file popups for several other dN.jpg files until eventually it is done.

Once it is finished, it leaves poor Garrett like this:

Weird dark face skin. The brow was removed though, so partially succesful at least. Lets look at the %AppData% directory for some additional clues:

You can see how it actually did create a bunch of .png files, then went and complained about them missing, but instead of .png it looked for .jpg. The one .jpg in there is actually the one I skipped by accident.

And thats it, thats what I got in terms of reproduction.

EDIT: I ran it again, and now it seems it creates a .jpg for the first one successfully if I just skip all of them, but not the other ones.

I tried it again a third time, and it creates a d12.png first, then a d12.jpg, uses it, but then asks for a d13.jpg, which would be the second one it tries to create:

EDIT2: Oops I just noticed I had it set to G8F in the third try, I guess maybe that could be causing problems, but the missing files thing stays the same regardless of what I gender I select there.

Post edited by Rakete on
  • Rakete said:

nemesis10 said:

Alright let me try to reproduce that for you guys. First, lets load Garrett:

<SNIP>

EDIT2: Oops I just noticed I had it set to G8F in the third try, I guess maybe that could be causing problems, but the missing files thing stays the same regardless of what I gender I select there.

Thanks for posting this.  This duplicates what is happening with mine also.   I have been converting the created png files to jpg, which does fix the missing files issue, but I also end up with the final texture being a darker color than the rest of the skin materials.  

I wonder why @Zev0 hasn't commented. He is usually quick to help in his commercial threads.

edited April 2023

For some reason I have not been notified about this thread. Anyways, Garret works for me. Here is a video.

The script automatically places files in the studio temp directory. If the script cannot find them there then something is wonky with your install. You should not have to be digging in the temp folder or changing the temp files format. Can you send me a copy of the log after Brow Remover gives an issue? Thanks

Post edited by Zev0 on

Zev0 said:

For some reason I have not been notified about this thread. Anyways, Garret works for me. Here is a video.

The script automatically places files in the studio temp directory. If the script cannot find them there then something is wonky with your install. You should not have to be digging in the temp folder or changing the temp files format. Can you send me a copy of the log after Brow Remover gives an issue? Thanks

I'll attach the section of my log.txt from when I tested it with Garrett earlier. Not much to see other then a bunch of errors like this:

2023-04-16 15:50:13.328 Failed to load image: C:\Users\Rakete\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d4.png

2023-04-16 15:50:13.328     Operation failed

2023-04-16 15:50:13.328 Error: Couldn't find layer image: C:/Users/Rakete/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/d4.png

2023-04-16 15:50:13.329 Failed to load image: C:\Users\Rakete\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d4.png

2023-04-16 15:50:13.329     Operation failed

2023-04-16 15:50:13.329 Error: Couldn't find layer image: C:/Users/Rakete/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/d4.png

2023-04-16 15:50:13.329 Failed to save image: C:\Users\Rakete\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d4.jpg

2023-04-16 15:50:13.329     Operation failed

2023-04-16 15:50:16.323 Saved image: C:\Users\Rakete\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d4.png

txt
    txt
    browremover.txt
  • dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305
    edited October 2023

Any plans to update this for Genesis 9? Still a lot of skins that come with brows painted on.

Post edited by dakkuuan on

This is a tough one. The original partner I had on this product passed away, so to find somebody else to take over isn't an easy task.

• Thanks for letting us know, Zev0. I loved this tool and the skin one changing one. Some of you guys are so talented it just blows my mind. I found Gimp (free) or BeFunky (Paid)