Brow Remover (Commercial)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    barbult said:

Now that it is done and in the store, I see that it is offered with the Daz Connect installation option. Were you able to make it work when it is installed with Daz Connect? Does it work on skins that were installed with Daz Connect (in particular, I am concerned about the ability to save presets in the location of the original skin, when that skin is in the Daz Connect "cloud" folder structure.)

I'm still looking for an answer to the Daz Connect compatibility questions, please.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited September 2016

Okay, I am having a bit of trouble with brow remover. It does remove the brows, however, it messes with the facial speculariy of the character removing the shine from under the eyes, the forehead and nose. The mask does not cover those areas- I checked, so I'm not sure why it has done this.

I have attached a before and after pic Before has the painted on brow texture. The after pick shows the applied brows, but the matte areas. I have looked at my mask and it does not cover the areas that have been affected like under the eyes or nose.

test-3.png
    700 x 800 - 826K
    test-1.png
    700 x 800 - 778K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Findings on Daz Connect issues.

After looking into the differences between Content Library and Daz Connect, I have found that when Daz creates the Connect cloud folder structure, all of the characters of folder names and file names are set to lower case. In some cases Daz Script is case sensitive, and this is why files are not being found. This is why evilded777 is getting the mask for genesis 1, I am looking for a match of "Brow Mask Genesis 3 Female.png", and can not find it, so the script uses the default of the first file in the mask folder. I was not aware that Daz Connect folder and file names where changed to all lower case.

As for saving presets in the data/cloud folder. The issue would be that the preset would not show up in Smart Content, nor does it show up in Content Library's Daz Connect library. I'm not sure if it can be added to smart content, as Daz set's all that up for products.

• Okay, I am having a bit of trouble with brow remover. It does remove the brows, however, it messes with the facial speculariy of the character removing the shine from under the eyes, the forehead and nose. The mask does not cover those areas- I checked, so I'm not sure why it has done this.

I have attached a before and after pic Before has the painted on brow texture. The after pick shows the applied brows, but the matte areas. I have looked at my mask and it does not cover the areas that have been affected like under the eyes or nose.

Which character is that?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited September 2016

The skin is Bala from Rendo. But in truth, I think it is in fact Growing Up resource though by Zev. There are many floating around out there. The character is a custom one by me.

Here is another example of a character you may have. This is Cole from DAZ store. I actuallly bought the product so I could remove his eybrows, because, they have never been to my taste.

In image one that's just Cole as he is out of the box. 2 Shows what the brow product selects. And it does a great job removing that. After shows the browless look. You can see the specularity is toned down slightly on the face and nose. I can understand the eyebrow area, but why the lips and nose and cheeks? IT is the same light and pose, and nothing else has changed.

COle-before.png
    700 x 800 - 486K
    cole2.JPG
    747 x 855 - 60K
    Cole afer.png
    700 x 800 - 484K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • The skin is Bala from Rendo. But in truth, I think it is in fact Growing Up resource though by Zev. There are many floating around out there. The character is a custom one by me.

Here is another example of a character you may have. This is Cole from DAZ store. I actuallly bought the product so I could remove his eybrows, because, they have never been to my taste.

In image one that's just Cole as he is out of the box. 2 Shows what the brow product selects. And it does a great job removing that. After shows the browless look. You can see the specularity is toned down slightly on the face and nose. I can understand the eyebrow area, but why the lips and nose and cheeks? IT is the same light and pose, and nothing else has changed.

Sent you a pm

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited September 2016

I don't have a huge need for purple haired black guys, but... I'm darn happy I can make them.

(I'm more likely going to be using this for old people and redheads, but still)

Haha.

I'm actually vaguely curious about how hard a 'nipple remover' would be. It seems like it'd work in a very similar way, just a different zone/maps.

(I like making various alien and monsters, and many of them would work with a given skin, except... ok, the squid monster shouldn't have nipples.)

I made a fairy, and she didn't have stomach button, nipples or anything anywhere else - not a mammal, so no need of em.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Last night, I was testing BR on a variety of figures and happened to check all the maps on Kenji after removing his brows. I saw that all the maps were modified and when the question was asked in the Daily Sales Talk thread in the Commons, I was able to answer that, yes, all the maps were modified.

However, I decided to check 3DL as well today, and discovered the normal maps are not being modified. So far, in the Beta 4.9.3.56, I've tried Darius 6 with the default loaded 3DL materials, Lee 7 after applying the All Maps (RSL) preset and Eva 7 after applying the All Maps (RSL) preset. I have also tested Darius 6 in DS 4.8.

Is this intentional, or is it unexpected behavior?

• As far as the promo is concerned, it's probably good practice to put that info in the instructions. Some people trust their favorite vendors sight unseen and simply buy from them. Others might by a product but come back to it later so it makes for an easier reference point.

I know I'm certainly looking forward to getting this when my paycheck hits.  This is the type of product that's badly needed for a lot of textures (and not just older ones).

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited September 2016

Hi guys. There will be an urgent update. Brow Remover currently uses .png format (LIE) which affects the specular map making it lose shine when using Iray Shader so the script will now convert maps to .jpg before it adds it to shader to preserve original shine. However the issue will still remain with other LIE products as this is an issue with LIE and Iray and something Daz needs to update from their side. Secondly the script will be updated so correct masks show up when using the corresponding figure when using installation from connect. We will continue to monitor this. Thanks for your support.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2016
    L'Adair said:

Last night, I was testing BR on a variety of figures and happened to check all the maps on Kenji after removing his brows. I saw that all the maps were modified and when the question was asked in the Daily Sales Talk thread in the Commons, I was able to answer that, yes, all the maps were modified.

However, I decided to check 3DL as well today, and discovered the normal maps are not being modified. So far, in the Beta 4.9.3.56, I've tried Darius 6 with the default loaded 3DL materials, Lee 7 after applying the All Maps (RSL) preset and Eva 7 after applying the All Maps (RSL) preset. I have also tested Darius 6 in DS 4.8.

We are looking into it. Technically it should be editing all maps regardless of shader but the two that are problematic calling up the normal map editing are AOA SSS shader and omUberSurface. It is not giving the script access to edit them. We trying to hack it lol. Will see what happens.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2016
    Zev0 said:

We are looking into it. Technically it should be editing all maps regardless of shader but the two that are problematic calling up the normal map editing are AOA SSS shader and omUberSurface. It is not giving the script access to edit them. We trying to hack it lol. Will see what happens.

Not everything in those two shaders uses the standard names. I'm in the middle of rendering so I can't check to see which items are nonstandard, so if it's looking by name, then it may not be finding them.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited September 2016

Well the script doesn't look for matching names, just maps thats assigned in channels. Problem is with these two shaders is it is not letting the script edit them. It's like the normal channel is locked.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mjc1016 said:
    Zev0 said:

Not everything in those two shaders uses the standard names. I'm in the middle of rendering so I can't check to see which items are nonstandard, so if it's looking by name, then it may not be finding them.

To be technical......................

First I check to see if the property inherits DzNumericProperty, and if it does then I check if it's mappable, and then if it's mapped.

I've checked both AoA_Subsurface and OmUbersurface, and in these cases the Normal Map property does not inherit DzNumericProperty. As a test I skipped checking that and just checked for isMapped, which cause an error in script.

I'm trying other methods now.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

AoA's shader has a Normal Map Strength that's also attached to it and if I recall correctly the omUber is controlled with the 'master' Displacement On/Off switch.

• got more info for you did a quickie test not render of a face using texture imported of my half brother via headshop 9 first one is his real eyebrows then removed then wow brows added so these products work great if you use your own face textures created via faceshop/headshop, and probably others plugins like facegen and the like

brow remover wow brow test1.jpg
    1768 x 992 - 195K

Ok so we solved the normal map issues with 3dl so it works now. Will send an update to Daz along with a change log.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Zev0 said:

Ok so we solved the normal map issues with 3dl so it works now. Will send an update to Daz along with a change log.

Wow. You guys are fast!

Thank you.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892

I'd just like to say managing to get a script like this to work over so many generations and different shaders and and and... is an incredible job.

Kudos to Zev0 and Draagonstorm.

Thanks man. We appreciate it. We learned a lot doing this product.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991
    edited October 2016
    RAMWolff said:

Would be nice to have a import "Other" unsupported characters from other market places.  I know you guys a geared for DAZ figures but not everyone uses them and may have a use for a handy tool like this..... Congrats on the release.

If the material surface name is Face, 1_SkinFace or SkinHead then Brow Remover will work with the figure. You can try the different masks that come with Brow Remover, or create your own.

With D&D, it's 3_Face, so it doesn't recognize them.

Otherwise, I really love this product. Also, thank you for the quick and thorough cuatomer service! heart

3face.JPG
    1080 x 288 - 48K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited October 2016

It's designed to work with Daz native figures only. It does not support Dawn and Dusk.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991
    Zev0 said:

It's designed to work with Daz native figures only. It does not support Dawn and Dusk.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean it like that! I was just trying to supply why doesn't work on D&D, just from the name structure. I was not trying to imply that it should work on them. I'm sorry that I made a mess out of phrasing this. blush

Lol no worries.
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Thanks for the update Zev0; downloaded one earlier or last night (I forget which).

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,730

Can I use this on merchant resource textures? I like removing eyebrows on those.

Yes you can.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    edited November 2016
    Zev0 said:
    L'Adair said:

Zev, I remember had troubles calling some normal maps of some RSL shaders, but I think now I solved them all. If Draagonstorm needs to contact me about that, I'm here, with all the help she gave to me when I started scripting I'd be happy if I could help on my side. This is because in some RSL shaders the normal map is not... a map (lol I know it is but it is not seen such as).

Otherwise super well made the brow remover, not a lot of time to play with it, but all the results I see are very good :)

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057

Draagonstorm, contact me I think I have it.

mjc1016 said:
    Zev0 said:

First I check to see if the property inherits DzNumericProperty, and if it does then I check if it's mappable, and then if it's mapped.

I've checked both AoA_Subsurface and OmUbersurface, and in these cases the Normal Map property does not inherit DzNumericProperty. As a test I skipped checking that and just checked for isMapped, which cause an error in script.

• Draagonstorm, contact me I think I have it.

mjc1016 said:
    Zev0 said:

Thanks. Already got it worked out. Like you said in another post. In some shaders a normal map is not considered a map... Go Figure ??????