Brow Remover (Commercial)

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

I take it the way this works means I can use the generated textures in other programs besides Studio? Will the script run in 4.8? I tried the 4.9 beta and it made a right mess of things so no upgrading for me unless the next version plays better with my system.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892

I don't have a huge need for purple haired black guys, but... I'm darn happy I can make them.

(I'm more likely going to be using this for old people and redheads, but still)

Purple Benjamin.png
    1080 x 1080 - 958K
  • pdspds Posts: 593

I don't have a huge need for purple haired black guys, but... I'm darn happy I can make them.

Sweet! Is that fiber mesh hair? Did you make it in LAMH?

• NathNath Posts: 2,720

You never know when you might need a purple haired black guy.... Cool looking guy by the way

It's Laticis' free fibermesh eyebrows and Laticis' not so free Real Short Hair.

I find generating detailed hair like this next to impossible in LAMH, given how much you have to brush/modify guide hairs. Just... no. (I can do big more procedural or mapped stuff, just not 'brush this carefully that way')

But we should be seeing LAMH eyebrows at some point, apparently!

• Wasnt going to buy this, but.... I couldn't resist. I have got to stop looking in the store.  And the threads that talk about whats in the store.  And the coming soon threads....

The face morph is the Genesis ethnic morph packs transferred to G2M (via GenX2). I like those morphs as starting points in most cases; I have the Genesis 2 ethnic sets but I find they have less general use.

I then tweaked the nose, because just about every nose in most sets and morphs look way too Caucasian to me. (I mean, sure, a lot of black people have a variety of heritages and can have rather long noses... but many don't.)

The skin ended up with a bluish element to it that I wasn't shooting for, but looks realistic for some skin tones, so hey. A lot of black skins end up having a ruddy undertone which, again, isn't uncommon but nice to go in a different direction.

As an aside, Catrina and Alfred have some of the best eyes for use in Iray that I've encountered. I think with Catrina you have to convert it, but the results are more solid than most sets.

Note that I generally have to go Iris Size -.5, but hey.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited September 2016
    Byrdie said:

Will the script run in 4.8? I tried the 4.9 beta and it made a right mess of things so no upgrading for me unless the next version plays better with my system.

Yes it does: I use 4.8 wink

A quick and dirty render with G2F characters using skins from V4, V5 and V6.  All have fibermesh brows angel

Post edited by 3dLux on

Excellent! Now if anyone can confirm that the browless textures it makes can work elsewhere than in Studio (pardon my confusion about these things, I know some DS material presets can be made to work in Poser, for example, with creation of companion files and/or other tinkering but I can't always be sure of which ones) it will be mine. Because I have the perfect M4 Snape skin -- if only the eyebrows weren't brown bordering on ginger!

Yes, it does, you just have to make material presets or go into the temp folder where the new face maps are and copy them somewhere.

What I do is whenever I make 'browless' maps, I copy them from the temp directory and plop them back in the original directory with appropriate names so I can easily use them later.

edited September 2016

I'm actually vaguely curious about how hard a 'nipple remover' would be. It seems like it'd work in a very similar way, just a different zone/maps.

(I like making various alien and monsters, and many of them would work with a given skin, except... ok, the squid monster shouldn't have nipples.)

Post edited by Oso3D on

Ooh, excellent! It will be mine ...when I'm awake enough to properly shop. Darned arthritis & meds plus the weather is making me too muddle headed. Yes, a nipple remover is a great idea for those of us who wanna make non-mamallian (or not human-arranged mamallian) creatures. I'd buy that too, if it'd work for me.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Would be nice to have a import "Other" unsupported characters from other market places.  I know you guys a geared for DAZ figures but not everyone uses them and may have a use for a handy tool like this..... Congrats on the release.

• Excellent! Going to buy it tonight, as soon as I find a couple more goodies to fill out my cart.  

• RAMWolff said:

Would be nice to have a import "Other" unsupported characters from other market places.  I know you guys a geared for DAZ figures but not everyone uses them and may have a use for a handy tool like this..... Congrats on the release.

If the material surface name is Face, 1_SkinFace or SkinHead then Brow Remover will work with the figure. You can try the different masks that come with Brow Remover, or create your own.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

What, exactly, do the adjustment options do? Adjust Mask Height and Adjust Texture Height

Initial pass with Michael 7: it does not recognize him as Genesis 3 Male. Then I've got way too much forehead texture on his brows because of the forehead creases in the texture.

Not griping, just want to see how I can make the best use of this.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited September 2016

"What, exactly, do the adjustment options do? Adjust Mask Height and Adjust Texture Height"

They are explained in the userguide. Adjust mask shows area that will be replaced, you can change values and click show mask again to see what it does. Adjust texture height determines from how high the texture covering the mask area is used. EG uses area higher up from forehead to cover the masked area.

"Initial pass with Michael 7: it does not recognize him as Genesis 3 Male."

Are you sure? I just loaded him up and G3M mask was defaulted. Also I wouldn't worry about wrinkles in the brow area. Remember you are going to cover that area again with Eyebrows. It does look strange when just looking at it with now eyebrows. See attachment. If for example you do not want the area between brows affected, you can edit the brow mask and use that as a custom mask where you erase the middle area. The reason its masked right across is because in most cases when pulling the area from forehead over the brow and the center was unaffected, there was a slight colour mismatch since on most textures, the area above the nose brigde is slightly different to the forehead.

example.jpg
    1791 x 849 - 628K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Mask height controls which parts of the texture are covered, you might need to adjust it for unusually placed brows. Texture height adjusts the area used to get the skin area placed over the brow - you might need to adjust it to work around tonal shifts in the skin, or strongly painted forehead wrinkles.

edited September 2016
    Zev0 said:

"What, exactly, do the adjustment options do? Adjust Mask Height and Adjust Texture Height"

They are explained in the userguide. Adjust mask shows area that will be replaced, you can change values and click show mask again to see what it does. Adjust texture height determines from how high the texture covering the mask area is used. EG uses area higher up from forehead to cover the masked area.

"Initial pass with Michael 7: it does not recognize him as Genesis 3 Male."

Are you sure? I just loaded him up and G3M mask was defaulted. Also I wouldn't worry about wrinkles in the brow area. Remember you are going to cover that area again with Eyebrows. It does look strange when just looking at it with now eyebrows. See attachment. If for example you do not want the area between brows affected, you can edit the brow mask and use that as a custom mask where you erase the middle area. The reason its masked right across is because in most cases when pulling the area from forehead over the brow and the center was unaffected, there was a slight colour mismatch since on most textures, the area above the nose brigde is slightly different to the forehead.

I hate to disagree with you, but those items are NOT described in the User Guide, or I am not looking at the same user guide. The guide makes reference to doing certain things, but does not actually describe what the options do. Some might consider this splitting hairs. I've been accused of that before. But there is no literal description: Adjust texture height does X.

Here's my M7 and Brow Remover window, freshly loaded.

browRemover.JPG
    1334 x 821 - 118K
    Post edited by evilded777 on
    edited September 2016

So what do you not understand? It is fairly simple really. You click show mask, then you adjust the mask height to see if all the brows are within the masking area, click show mask again to refresh and once you are happy, then use the adjust texture to determine how much of the forehead gets pulled down into that area if needed if the initial texture height value isn't to your liking.

If yours is not defaulting to Genesis 3 Male when using M7, you can manually choose the G3M mask by adjusting the slider. You can use all that is available even if it isn't made for that base as some others offer a different mask area that could work as well. I have no idea why yours is not choosing Genesis 3 male UV because the script is designed to look at what base mesh is loaded.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

So what do you not understand? It is fairly simple really. You click show mask, then you adjust the mask height to see if all the brows are within the masking area, click show mask again to refresh and once you are happy, then use the adjust texture to determine how much of the forehead gets pulled down into that area if needed if the initial texture height value isn't to your liking.

If yours is not defaulting to Genesis 3 Male when using M7, you can manually choose the G3M mask by adjusting the slider. You can use all that is available even if it isn't made for that base as some others offer a different mask area that could work as well. I have no idea why yours is not choosing Genesis 3 male UV because the script is designed to look at what base mesh is loaded.

I think I have it based on your's and Richard's responses. But "Adjust Texture Height" is still a little nebulous. If I increase the percentage, what does that translate into? A larger area of texture sampled? Or a higher area of the texture sampled?

edited September 2016

Look at this promo. See the orange area? The higher the value, the lower that area moves down, covering the mask area. Basically the values EG percentages are based on that area and how much it gets pulled down. So once you do it once or twice you will understand how much a single percent moves it. We had to respect the percentage values as they are because it is relation to how much of the actual texture is moved from source.

01-brow-remover-for-daz-studio-daz3d.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 222K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Look at this promo. See the orange area? The higher the value, the lower that area moves down, covering the mask area. Basically the values EG percentages are based on that area and how much it gets pulled down. So once you do it once or twice you will understand how much a single percent moves it. We had to respect the percentage values as they are because it is relation to how much of the actual texture is moved from source.

That should be in the guide.

I didn't look at the promo, I just bought it...because I assumed a product by yourself and draagonstorm was worth my time and money. You have not disappointed me yet.

edited September 2016

Well reason I wanted it in the promos was so that all could see how it worked before buying the product. It was just a natural assumption that all looked at the promos first. Regardless, thank you for your support and I hope it is as useful to you like it is to me:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2016

Somebody asked me how do you make a custom mask for a specific skin. So here are the steps. Step one is load your character with skin, then in surfaces tab, choose the face and click browse. This will open the characters skin folder. Now drag the base texture or one with the eyebrows you want removed into Photoshop or Gimp.

1.jpg
    1663 x 533 - 250K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2016

When face texture is loaded in your image editing app, add a layer on top of it and paint over the brows using a soft white gradient brush. Softer edges means a better blend. Then add in a layer underneath that and fill with black. Once you have a black and white image (both gradient brush and black fill layer visible), save anywhere you like as a .jpg and name it what you want.

2.JPG
    1817 x 916 - 110K
    3.JPG
    1805 x 910 - 57K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2016

Now simply open up the Brow Remover script and load your mask by clicking Select Additional Mask and you are good to go. Click show mask to see what it looks like. It will mimic the area you painted. Now all you have to do is click Apply Brow Remover and you are set.

4.JPG
    1353 x 868 - 131K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Totally amazing product!

• This went into my cart so fast that my credit card did not even have a chance to take an indrawn breath much less whimper.  Thank you for making a product that has fixed a long term frustration of mine.