Brow Remover (Commercial)

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Draagonstorm, contact me I think I have it.

mjc1016 said:
    Zev0 said:

We are looking into it. Technically it should be editing all maps regardless of shader but the two that are problematic calling up the normal map editing are AOA SSS shader and omUberSurface. It is not giving the script access to edit them. We trying to hack it lol. Will see what happens.

Not everything in those two shaders uses the standard names. I'm in the middle of rendering so I can't check to see which items are nonstandard, so if it's looking by name, then it may not be finding them.

To be technical......................

First I check to see if the property inherits DzNumericProperty, and if it does then I check if it's mappable, and then if it's mapped.

I've checked both AoA_Subsurface and OmUbersurface, and in these cases the Normal Map property does not inherit DzNumericProperty. As a test I skipped checking that and just checked for isMapped, which cause an error in script.

I'm trying other methods now.

Thanks. Already got it worked out. Like you said in another post. In some shaders a normal map is not considered a map... Go Figure ??????

Huh!

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

what am I doing wrong, or forgetting to do ?

apply brow remover,  add brows,  save .. come back later load save character, and now I see this.

do I have to reapply the face , and brow remove ever time I load the character ? or did I forget to do a simple step to save properly

Brow remove HUH 001.jpg
    687 x 810 - 146K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Did you save the material preset and load that back on? If not your scene is still using the modified maps stored in your temp folder which might have been automatically deleted.

Zev0 said:

Did you save the material preset and load that back on? If not your scene is still using the modified maps stored in your temp folder which might have been automatically deleted.

no I didn't,  I figured I forgot to do something, thanks

okay, so it's brow removal, then save Material preset, apply the material preset, Save character . . Should be hunky dory after that

edited August 2017
    Yes if you plan on using that existing scene. Then whenever it is opened it will call for the saved materials.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2017

I did the Save on the Brow remover and  also save as material preset,

The one save from the Brow remover , I could not find it, So I used the save I did  save as material preset . . and I get the same thing

GUess it's not as simple as just click a save button,

ETA, I found the preset made from brow remover (made a new spot) but it gives the same results. I got to be doing something wrong with the saving

Brow remove HUH 002.jpg
    527 x 507 - 46K
    Post edited by XaatXuun on

No material preset wont work. Only save via the Brow remover. Did you load the saved preset from Brow Remover then save the scene? Also what version of Studio are you using? I just tested and all is working on my side.

saved it from brow remover, selected path to save to,  went to where save,  clicked on it to apply and I get the same thing, same missing files

I didn't see a option to load from brow remover, maybe I have a blind spot, just don't see it

version: 4.9.0.63

edited August 2017

By load from Brow Remover I meant the preset saved from inside there which it seems you are doing. I have no idea why this isn't working for you as no other user has experienced this problem. Is the Content Library you are saving to linked to your studio?

Post edited by Zev0 on

yes it is.

I'm looking in the Surface tab, and the files that says that are missing are there, before I reload the preset.

but after I load the saved, they are gone, juust don't exist, like they were never saved.

Brow remove HUH 003.jpg
    824 x 512 - 89K
    Brow remove HUH 004.jpg
    1223 x 503 - 156K
    edited August 2017

Can you try and do this on another skin set and see if it is a universal issue or if it is just regarding this skin please. In other words, start fresh, and see if that one works.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Seems to just be the one skinn . . no problems using another.

well dang . . I really liked Victoria 7 skin too.

Thanks we found the problem

edited August 2017

Maybe its a Studio Cache problem. Try clearing it and try again. I just applied it to V7 Skin, saved and loaded preset, and saved scene opened it again and it worked.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Brow remover has been Updated. For those who haven't discovered yet it works on Genesis 8 base maps as well since they don't really deviate from the base UV of Genesis 3 Female. Product has been updated to reflect this and mention official support. Thanks.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Appreciate this Zev0.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739
    edited November 2017

Never mind, figured it out...

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Hoplite490Hoplite490 Posts: 90

This is one of the best scripts that I have ever used. Thank you, thank you. You have probably been told this but I would love to see you make a script to remove pubic hair.

edited June 2018

Thank you for the kind words. I might attempt a pubic hair remover again, but it is extremely difficult because the genital area is so close to the seams. The first attempt was an epic fail lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

I use this script on almost all my characters. Thanks to the Victoria 8 anniversary sale I was able to pick up a lot of G8F content and have begun to experiment. My first instinct was to go to brow remover.  I seem to recall that at one point when G8F came out a year ago there was an update to Brow Remover and when I loaded G8F it auto-magically selected an appropriate mask for the script. But yesterday when I selected G8F and loaded Brow Remover it applied the Genesis 1 mask, whcih, is happens, is actually just a little above the brows of G8F.  I selected an alternate mask and found the one for G3F so I applied that manually and it worked.  Just curious if this is expected behavior on G8F?

I will have to test this on my side.

edited June 2018

I can confirm this. For some reason it is no longer picking up Genesis 8 figures and auto syncing the masks. I have no Idea why. It used to work. Unfortunately I can no longer update this product due to Draagonstorm not being around. Looks like we will just have to choose the G3/G8 Icon manually. Sigh....

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited June 2018

For me, Brow Remover always comes up with Genesis 1 mask on Genesis 8 Female (and Genesis 8 Male). So it is not working correctly for Genesis 8. I have to move the slider to manually select the G8 mask. It correctly comes up with Genesis 2F mask on Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 3F mask on Genesis 3 Female, though. 

Edit: I was typing while Zev0 was posting. I see his confirmation, now.

Post edited by barbult on

Interesting....Thanks for that bit of info.

Daz did an update of the Essentials packages a month or two ago. I wonder if they changed something that prevents brow remover from recognizing G8 now.

Could be. I will follow up and see what was changed in the essentials packages.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551
    barbult said:

Daz did an update of the Essentials packages a month or two ago. I wonder if they changed something that prevents brow remover from recognizing G8 now.

I used the Remover on G8F yesterday, so I' not so sure.

Visuimag said:
    barbult said:

I used the Remover on G8F yesterday, so I' not so sure.

It still "works", but you have to manually select the correct mask for G8.

The product works, the issue is the mask icons auto switching to G8 when G8 figure is in scene.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2018

Bottom line: Zev0 (and presumably Draagonstorm, who we all miss) provided a FREE upgrade to the program when Genesis 8 came along. That was awesome, appreciated, and worked well.  Fast forward a year and somewhere in between there and now it doesnt work automatically but the mask is still available to manually select with like one click and once you do that it works fine. So for me it's not an issue. Didn't want to create an impression that the product doesn't do the job for Genesis 8, it does but it's not a one-click solution, now it's more of a two-click solution. Easy peasy.

Post edited by grinch2901 on

I wonder if Daz overwrote something with a later update or something?