Brow Remover (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited September 2016 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I always wanted something to remove eyebrows on skins so I could apply my own or use fibremesh or LIE or other 3rd party brows without having to edit maps in Photoshop to remove them everytime on ones I don't like. So..... Draagonstorm and myself decided to create this. Think of it as an automated heal or stamp tool in Photoshop for Studio. It works on V4, M4, K4, G1, G2F & G2M, G3F & G3M, and on all supported UV maps. We hope to have it wrapped up by PA Sale in September.

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 766K
Popup_2.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_3.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 850K
Popup_5.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 952K
Popup_6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 798K
Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I want it. So many brows are thin and puny. I'd love this.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Please be sure to include written instructions with the product. DraagonStorm is not known for documenting products, and honestly, that has caused a lot of us a lot of frustration. This is a chance to change that and make us more confident in giving DraagonStorm products another chance. They sound great, but when you can't figure out how to use them, that greatness is wasted.
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

I would... really really really REALLY like this. Thank you and good luck!

I've made a lot of use of Skin Builder and the handful of no brow skin options, and would really like to expand those options.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I'd be a buyer too. smiley

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited August 2016
    barbult said:
    Please be sure to include written instructions with the product. DraagonStorm is not known for documenting products, and honestly, that has caused a lot of us a lot of frustration. This is a chance to change that and make us more confident in giving DraagonStorm products another chance. They sound great, but when you can't figure out how to use them, that greatness is wasted.

This is pretty simple to use, but I will include some instructions, and there will be thread support here. Basically our aim is to keep it as simple as shown in the video.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Zev0 said:
    barbult said:

This is pretty simple to use, but I will include some instructions, and there will be thread support here. Basically our aim is to keep it as simple as shown in the video.

Thank you.
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

@Zev0 I love your products and I always get them because I usually find I can't live without them.  I'm sure this one won't be an exception.  I do have to say that being able to get rid of eyebrows on any skin is a great idea.  I swear I'm going to have to make a jar with a label that says Zev0 and just start putting all of my change in it!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

So will there be an eyebrow product available in addition to removal utility?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited August 2016

Hmm I'd be tempted with it for sure, but it isn't hard to do.

Would it do SSS, Spec, Bump, etc as there can be a few maps?

It is considerably more time consuming with the other maps. The SSS and Spec are slightly the more problematic I've found.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • The script will process all mapped properties that is assigned to the face surface.

edited August 2016

Would love to make one but don't have the time. There are a few on the market though. But when I get around to Skinbuilder that should contain some.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Yeah, I've used the original Skin Builder to add brows to no brow faces when a flat look is fine.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

This will definitely be useful :)

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Sold.

Thank you.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

I am so there and waiting impatiently!  Thankyothankyouthankyou yes

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

y'all are going to make a lot of people very happy... 

:)

j

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited August 2016

Intriguing. I have a couple of the freebie fibermesh eyebrow sets, this will make them a lot easier to use. Watching with interest.

On re-reading the OP, I'm especially interested in the bit about working on so many different base figures.  

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@Zev0 I love your products and I always get them because I usually find I can't live without them.  I'm sure this one won't be an exception.  I do have to say that being able to get rid of eyebrows on any skin is a great idea.  I swear I'm going to have to make a jar with a label that says Zev0 and just start putting all of my change in it!

Same here.

Kendall Sears has been teasing us with talk of one using, I believe, LAMH. There's "Oh My Brows," morphing fiberhair eyebrows, by RedzStudio, available at Rendo. And of course, some freebie brows. Not to mention Zev0's Skin Builder products. However, with an easy on-the-fly solution for removing existing eyebrows, I would expect to see more eyebrow products emerge. (I am the optimistic type...)

edited August 2016

"However, with an easy on-the-fly solution for removing existing eyebrows, I would expect to see more eyebrow products emerge. (I am the optimistic type...)""

I Hope that is the case. I scrappped my own Fibrow concept (Fibremesh eyebrows) back in the day because of the baked eyebrows on skin. It just never worked with existing brow details on the skin. So, in time I hope to see more 3rd party options.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

I need this! I need more brow options!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Yep.  A definite want, but could you please test it to make sure it works well in conjunction with Cayman Studio's Legacy UV Maps for the G3s?  I'm using those for about half of my G3 work these days.

edited August 2016

We are testing those now. If it doesn't work with those directly, you will have to apply the browless option on the skins, then use those via the legacy maps. We have included a save material preset option as well to the script so you can save your browless options.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2016

Sounds interesting. I find that the brow options on most skins are very limited. Usually you get thick black brows only. For blond hairstyles and fair skin this looks very ... disturbing! The problem would actually be solved if all artists provided a no brow option so the user can appy their own. However, the Sun is likely to turn to a red giant before that happens, so your product will be useful in the meantime :)

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

Yep.  A definite want, but could you please test it to make sure it works well in conjunction with Cayman Studio's Legacy UV Maps for the G3s?  I'm using those for about half of my G3 work these days.

We can confirm it works out of the box with those as well.

edited August 2016

Sounds interesting. I find that the brow options on most skins are very limited. Usually you get thick black brows only. For blond hairstyles and fair skin this looks very ... disturbing! The problem would actually be solved if all artists provided a no brow option so the user can appy their own. However, the Sun is likely to turn to a red giant before that happens, so your product will be useful in the meantime :)

That is true, but what about all existing sets dating back to V4? Doubt those will ever be updated with a browless option. Future sets, maybe. Regardless, I shall no longer worry about brows:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited August 2016

Lyoness has some nice characters and provices no brow, and also a couple of her later characters also have more than one option.

Zev0 is a little later with this; I have manually altered a huge number of my characters. Spent more time removing brows than I have bloody well rendering. crying

Post edited by nicstt on

There are a handful of no-brow skins. Parris has one, and then there's Zev0's Skin Builder, which starts with a browless texture you can add to.

Not being limited to JUST those is awesome, though I've built a variety of cool skins using Skin Builder, Skin Overlay, and then various other things (like other tan/freckle/henna/tattoo products)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Kerya said:

Thank you for the links, Kerya. I didn't have the brows from sharecg. (Didn't even know about them!) Great find!

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Shouldn't you be working on the Aging Morphs, according to thread overdue?