Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

He makes a very fine Djinn.  Looks amazing

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

The skin looks like it's glowing, very cool

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

The skin looks like it's glowing, very cool

I was just showing my daughter how his skin glowed. Ahmad is awesome as a "real" character and even more awesome as a djinn! This djinn is going in my runtime the second I see him in the store! Hopefully soon. :)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Thank you, everyone!  I'm updating the skin; it's an old one I put aside awhile back.  Gotta fix seams and all, but I'll do a quick render with the updated settings before I do that.  .........now I have three skins to de-seam.  The base, this verison which is titled "Deco", and the base Djinn skin without the decorations. lol

Updated base without the "Deco" decorations:

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I like how Ahmed's morphs are coming along.  I'm not big on the djinn type characters but I'm slowing coming around thanks to some great images I've been seeing lately so I might even give rendering that skin a try if you keep it.  I do like the decorations.  :)

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I'm not a car person, but I was asked to photograph cars on occasion. His skin reminds me of this one kind of paint job that looks like a different color depending on what angle your looking at the car from. It's like he has pink, under the blue and depending on the way the light hits it changes what color you see. 

Different lighting, different pose-base and Deco Djinn sets.  Last of them until I get the seams finished:

It is pinkish, yes- the underlying skin is deep red but blended with the blue with a third map of a neutral pinkish/tan slighting desaturated layer to get this look.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Oh he looks yummy :P  I like his muscles.

What's the bracelet his wearing ? 

Something I made in practice modeling. XD  Half wood, half lacquered with silver 'medallions' between the two sets.  Thank you!

edited March 2017

a close up:

I didn't realize the metal and wood shaders didn't save in the renders-so this is is the metal shaders re-done and the wood is just the lacquer and color. I'll have to fix that. lol

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Ohh it looks great , you did a wonderful job on this. So will that be included  like the piercings did for Diesel ? 

I hope so since I would love a bracelet for my males just like that :D 

Loving the renders! What outfit is he wearing?

• SoundLufsSoundLufs Posts: 67

I like the blue one better.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Wow, the base skin is great, but the Deco Djinn skin is phenomenal! The pose and bracelet fit him so well here. You can see a personality emerging. Great work!

Finally finished my Diesel render.  I have to say I think it might be my best yet.  Posing was a bear but I'm happy with the final result.  I uploaded it to my DA page as there is nudity that wouldn't be appropriate for the DAZ Gallery.  Anyone who wants to see it can go here.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

OMG!!! I just popped over to DA and all I can say is "Yummy Yummy!!!!!"

I'll go check that out on DA. :)

The outfit is https://www.daz3d.com/blood-moon-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s which works great, used it on one of Parker's promos as well.

and THANK YOU.  XD  

Very Nice, KM.  Well done!  Definitely don't trust those eyes. ;)

Ohh it looks great , you did a wonderful job on this. So will that be included  like the piercings did for Diesel ? 

Not sure-If I can't figure out the shaders, I'll just upload it as a freebie. ;) Either way, it'll be available when it's finished for ya.

OMG!!! I just popped over to DA and all I can say is "Yummy Yummy!!!!!"

Thanks! I totally agree.  :)

Very Nice, KM.  Well done!  Definitely don't trust those eyes. ;)

Thanks.  I couldn't resist using that eye option.  Great color.  :)

I'm glad you're enjoying him. Like the addition of the body hair, too. Nice choice. XD

I'm glad you're enjoying him. Like the addition of the body hair, too. Nice choice. XD

Thanks.  One of these days, I'll get some proper hair for G3M but the older stuff worked well.  I loved using your no-brow option so I could use the fiberhair brows that I had gotten from that other store.  So far, your figures are the only ones I've managed to use them on.  Not that the other brow options you have are bad.  I love your brows.  Just saying I like that option so I have more choices.  I uploaded him to my gallery at Rendo, too.  I wish there was a way to reference a vendor without attaching a product but there doesn't seem to be.  I did add in the description that he was available over here though.  I really hope he does well for you because he really is amazing.  :)

I played with those brows on him while I was working on him too-tried to see how they'd look and if the textures on the skin would interfere with them.  I'm glad you like him so much-so do I.  All of my peeps are labors of love/hate. lol

Now with Ahmad, I'll be cursing.  I now only not have just the base textures, but the Deco and Base of the Djinn textures to de-seam.  WhyyyyyyyyyyydoIdothistomyself?

edited March 2017

I played with those brows on him while I was working on him too-tried to see how they'd look and if the textures on the skin would interfere with them.  I'm glad you like him so much-so do I.  All of my peeps are labors of love/hate. lol

Now with Ahmad, I'll be cursing.  I now only not have just the base textures, but the Deco and Base of the Djinn textures to de-seam.  WhyyyyyyyyyyydoIdothistomyself?

Because you love creating great characters who all of us can adore to pieces!  That's why!  ;)

edit: grammar

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

lol- yup, I torture myself for others to adore them. XD  Nah, I enjoy creating as well-even when I'm threatening to throw the monitor out of the window.  Just my artistic process....>.> Violence? *snort*

I'll go check that out on DA. :)

The outfit is https://www.daz3d.com/blood-moon-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s which works great, used it on one of Parker's promos as well.

and THANK YOU.  XD  

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna grab that for him. :)

You're very welcome. It's a great set.

Not sure-If I can't figure out the shaders, I'll just upload it as a freebie. ;) Either way, it'll be available when it's finished for ya.

That would be totally awesome. Thank you. I'll be looking forward to getting that bracelet :D 

HAH you just keep torturing yourself DM so we can have more stunning characters to play with and drool over :P  I know the feeling of wanting to throw the monitor out the window. Happens frequently here too lol ....

OMG that is one steamy pinup  KM . And yeah don't trust those eyes, but I'll bet a lot of girls would have a hard time resisting him. I know I would

What type of shaders do you want on the bracelet?  Shaders aren't that difficult.  Let me know if you need any help with that.

That would be totally awesome. Thank you. I'll be looking forward to getting that bracelet :D 

HAH you just keep torturing yourself DM so we can have more stunning characters to play with and drool over :P  I know the feeling of wanting to throw the monitor out the window. Happens frequently here too lol ....

OMG that is one steamy pinup  KM . And yeah don't trust those eyes, but I'll bet a lot of girls would have a hard time resisting him. I know I would

Thanks, Ferretmania.  I'd have a little bit of a hard time resisting those eyes, too.  ;)

This discussion has been closed.