Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

That's a really great body....I mean tat, I was totally only looking for the tats..... :D

lol- uh huh.

Doing a set for each palm and his back piece (it's still in WIP mode, so there's a few seam issues to take care of), and when they're rendered I'll post them.  So glad y'all like so far. 

edited April 2017

Ok-here are the palms, rendered to 50%

I will be editing them to lower the opacity of the whitening a bit, blurring the bump a bit more and removing the diffuse palm cracks/lines and re-adding them to the bump layer.  

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Ohhhh what a nice way to wake up, Yep I'm all awake now. I might even be able to skip my morning coffee :P  And it's only because of all those nice tats, it has absolutely nothing to do with that gorgeous body Ahmad is showing off, nope, we're all family friendly in here. *big innocent eyes* 

Those tattoos are coming along nicely. Great job . They are beautiful and so rich in detail. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That's a really great body....I mean tat, I was totally only looking for the tats..... :D

Me too.  Really only looking at the great tattoo work.

Chronic pain sucks.  I've been fortunate that changing my diet and life style have helped my symptoms although they are not completely gone and I still take meds for the pain. Also fortunately at least up to this point, the pain meds don't interfere very much with normal life.  I'm sorry it interferes with the stuff you enjoy doing.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I'm loving the scars on the hands, can totally see some cool magic close ups with that!! It would be cool to have an overlay/layer thingy - forgot what it's called in Daz lol Like people do for eyebrows. Then we could put a bright color on it so it looks like the magic. You know the whole hand outstretched to the camera, palm facing forward and the scars starting to glow as the magic builds up, just before the fireball is released. :D I know it's sort of cliche, but it looks cool.

Thank you!

As for the LIE preset-it could work as an emissive layer, sure......maybe.....I can see. :)

I'm stubborn and work past the point of where I should stop when it comes to my hand.  Maybe when I grow up, I'll learn. I appreciate the thoughts, though, thank you.

Now-back tat and off to fix seams.  Again. ;)

and seaming fixed-need to do my usual treatment to the tats, now. :) 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2017

You are gifted. It's a privilege to watch you work through developing a character. I'd say he's simply gorgeous but that just doesn't express my wonderment at his degree of detail, the artistry, and the level of labor that goes into such a collection of individually aesthetically pleasing elements. Each touch is beautiful in its own right and the whole adds up to greater than the sum of its parts. Just beautiful!

And it's interesting to see how many here are dealing with pain and chronic illness. I have fibro and other autoimmune issues myself, for over 10 years now. Pain and neuropathy are the pits in many ways, but I have met the nicest people online in games and in art forums who have the same issues or worse, so if I'm ever feeling sorry for myself that kicks me out of it. I also think people who have dealt with troubles tend to be kinder, more helpful, and more understanding toward others. When my daughter was raising money to go to alopecia camp for herself and others, the people with infirmities, accompanying people with problems, or who told us of their problems were the kindest. And some donated money for these kids that you could tell they could not easily spare. The healthy and younger folks were the ones who walked by their table pretending not to notice it. I think they cannot envision that life might treat them that way some day and they might need help from others. It was an eye-opening phenomenon.

Post edited by firewarden on

P.S. I feel that way about so many PA's and artists on the forums; so many talented people! My daughter says I have "artist envy." wink

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

OMG, Darwin. These new tattoos are just freaking stunning. You have done some amazing work already, but I think it might be your best. I said the same with Diesel and Evan. You just get better and better. Ahmed is AMAZING. Thanks for letting us watch him emerge! 

Aw, thank you!  I do appreciate everyone's input and ideas and am honored that the end results are so well liked.  I'm testing the idea of the glow for the magic scarring atm, and have no time to really piddle online today, but I'll try to pop in soon.  You're quite right on all counts, firewarden- it's as they say: Walk a mile in someone's shoes.  Knowing how the person feels, or knowing what they go through can really make leaps and bounds in treating each other better.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

All I can say is Wow!  I used up most of my words today, I think.  I do look at the palms and think ouch, though!  But they are stunning.  I love the back tat!  That looks amazing.

Thank you!! Love the new avatar, KM.  

Ok-glow effect made.  

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Ah, love the glow!  I was actually trying to do that on a render not long ago.  I needed to clean up the tattoos first so I could make some maps and kind of lost interest.  Those look nice.

Ah, thanks about the avatar.  I love her and how she turned out.  She's the heroine in the new book I'm writing for Camp NaNoWriMo.  I finally have the skills to pull her off and I'm super happy with how well I did with her which is the reason she replaced Jaguar Sadie.  Only for April, though.  :)

That is so cool! I didn't know you could put an emissive on something like that!!!  

Ohh love the tattoo on his back and the glow effect looks awesome Darwin :) 

Thank you!  It took a little experimenting, but yes-I figured it out. :)  I may lessen the glow effect a bit more so it's not so garish..I am wanting more of a subtle feel to it. 

Hello all!  Time to announce the next tester:

Chanteur-de-Vent, if you wish you have Ahmad to test for me. :)

The next character will go to stormlyght!

Then the random pickings start fresh with the list.  Anyone else who may want to be put into the list, please let me know and I'll add you. :)

I'll let you know @Chanteur-de-Vent when he's ready-may be late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you, everyone!

• Hello all!  Time to announce the next tester:

Chanteur-de-Vent, if you wish you have Ahmad to test for me. :)

The next character will go to stormlyght!

Then the random pickings start fresh with the list.  Anyone else who may want to be put into the list, please let me know and I'll add you. :)

I'll let you know @Chanteur-de-Vent when he's ready-may be late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you, everyone!

Oh, yessss!!!! Please!! Thank you!

Ohh I'm so looking forward to seeing him in the store!

I'm not sure if I've been doing daz long enough to be a tester - just started in Jan, I am really good at breaking stuff though. :) 

edited April 2017

@deathbycanon, with your artistic eye, years of experience as a photographer, and all that I've seen in your thread, Old Dog New Tricks,  where you're making DAZ look easy to learn and turning out stupendous renders... Ummm, yeah. I'm pretty sure you'd be a phenomenal tester.

Post edited by firewarden on

I agree; I'll add you on that list deathbycanon, if you want.  :)

@deathbycanon, with your artistic eye, years of experience as a photography, and all that I've seen in your thread, Old Dog New Tricks,  where you're making DAZ look easy to learn and turning out stupendous renders... Ummm, yeah. I'm pretty sure you'd be a phenomenal tester.

Thank you so much! That's so sweet of you to say. There is sooo much to Daz that I feel like I have barley scratched the surface! 

I agree; I'll add you on that list deathbycanon, if you want.  :)

That would be awesome! Thank you! 

Thank you!  You are here by added for the next round.  :)

Ok!  Ahmad has been sent out to my tester! :) Thank you again!  I'mma gonna work on promo ideas and possibly a fun render for once.

Crosses fingers. Looks at calendar. Wishful thinking about DAZ sales headers and Ahmad promos begins...

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Ok-here are the palms, rendered to 50%

I will be editing them to lower the opacity of the whitening a bit, blurring the bump a bit more and removing the diffuse palm cracks/lines and re-adding them to the bump layer.  

I would buy him in a heartbeat just for the hands. Went back a truckload of pages trying to figure out who was who between Prince Albane, Diesel, Rory, Evan and Ahmad (formerly Aryan). I am assuming these are Ahmads palm's while Evan is scar ridden. Saving a spot in my cart for these two must haves.

lol, firewarden. Don't worry, at least when he's accepted we'll know it'll be soon!

You're right, ArtAngel- those are Ahmad's palms.  The scarring is a little different now, but they will be available for both skin sets.  I'm glad  you like both-hopefully Evan will be out soon.  Still, I have loads of work to do with all of the character's voices in my head wanting to be made!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

lol, firewarden. Don't worry, at least when he's accepted we'll know it'll be soon!

You're right, ArtAngel- those are Ahmad's palms.  The scarring is a little different now, but they will be available for both skin sets.  I'm glad  you like both-hopefully Evan will be out soon.  Still, I have loads of work to do with all of the character's voices in my head wanting to be made!

LOL- I'm very familiar with this problem! Got a British illusionist yelling at me to break him out of the bloody prison already. I haven't reached that chapter yet. Hoping next week! 

This discussion has been closed.