Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

And I have to say I am really disappointed that Sol didn't make it. I though she looked fantastic.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Thank you, everyone, seriously.  

It is difficult, for me, since I over-think so much on what I want to accomplish.  However, I understand their reasons because I felt she wasn't up to par with the rest of my crew after I submitted her.  I prefer to have it put aside until I figure out what I'm doing incorrectly, or find another way of doing it to have things look the way I envision in my head and not settle for "good enough".  I loathe "good enough".  Always have. I appreciate the support, a great deal.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited March 2017

...to have things look the way I envision in my head and not settle for "good enough".  I loathe "good enough".  Always have. 

That's a sign of a great creator! :D And that's what separates the good from the great! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

And I have to say I am really disappointed that Sol didn't make it. I though she looked fantastic.

Same here. The tats were AMAZING!

Thank you, Diva. :) I hope to live up to that one day.

Don't worry, Fire, if I can I may recycle them onto someone else later.  

Well, ultimately, you are the one that has to be happy so I will look forward to seeing if she makes a comeback in the future.  I realized as I was categorizing Diesel today that I have 7 of your Genesis 3 men at least, plus my favorite female character and a wicked looking drow from that other place lol.  Obviously, you are doing something right because I am super picky about the men and I know I've said it before but I really dont like the base G3m which means I don't like most of the characters. I have no doubt that your work will continue to get better and better as well, as you clearly have a strong work ethic.

edited March 2017

Thank you, Sonja.  I didn't realize how many you did have!  lol  

My work ethic is from my mother, who is also an artist and for most of my youth a single mother who worked in a sheet metal refridgerator fabrication factory.  The man I consider my father is a Vietnam Vet, Navy Man, and someone who instilled more of that old-fashioned "get it done and do it right the first time" method of doing things in me.  Between them both, I had no choice in being such a picky person when it comes to my artwork. ;) 

*edited because I should not type when I have not had my coffee yet. >.<

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I was both very happy and a little miffed that Diesel came out yesterday.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to swing it, but I managed to get my hands on Diesel so I'm a happy girl today.  Unfortunately, I already have a render going so I can't play with him yet.  :(  If I don't decide to just kill my current render, I'll be playing Diesel next.  I love that the piercings come with him.  I really love his tats.  Unfortunately, the first image I have in mind to do probably won't be in the DAZ gallery but up on my DA page as I'm not sure I can do what I have in my head and still keep within TOS.

lol- thank you!  Let me know, I'll go sneak a peek!

and, another idea I was piddling with....don't mind the bad render, it was just an idea and I was checking the bends in the figure.

Oh, a smaller human unit. Awesome! Would love to see someone like him in the store!

He's just an idea so far, but it's one I'm hoping to flesh out (ha) eventually!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I'd love to see you make some kids, as long as they're not too spooky, LOL. I tried making Parker into a kid but he's got quite the five o clock shadow. He might make a good teen though,

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Well, he has a cute little morph.  I love his face.  :)  DarwinsMishap with kids!  Now there's a scary idea if he ends up with some of your more creepy makeup jobs.  :)

Nah, I was thinking your normal kinda kid.  my S/O has a few children in his stories, so when I brought up the idea he really liked it.  Even if Daz doesn't take them (if I can figure out the skin and stuff), at least I'll have them stored for when he needs cover work. 

and thank you!

Thank you, Sonja.  I didn't realize how many you did have!  lol  

My work ethic is from my mother, who is also an artist and for most of my youth a single mother who worked in a sheet metal refridgerator fabrication factory.  The man I consider my father is a Vietnam Vet, Navy Man, and someone who instilled more of that old-fashioned "get it done and do it right the first time" method of doing things in me.  Between them both, I had no choice in being such a picky person when it comes to my artwork. ;) 

*edited because I should not type when I have not had my coffee yet. >.<

That's awesome, my parents gave my sister and I a very good work ethic as did my husbands mother and grandmother.  Hopefully, we've managed to do the same for our kids lol.

I would love to see some non toon non creepy children.

If I figure this out, I'll see if Daz will let me do a youngster and maybe his older brother as a set, too. We'll see how things go production wise, but I'll update.  Of course. ;)

If I figure this out, I'll see if Daz will let me do a youngster and maybe his older brother as a set, too. We'll see how things go production wise, but I'll update.  Of course. ;)

That'd be cool. And a must-buy for me. :)

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Oh he's really cute :) 

Thank you!

Well, if I make him, he'll have to have Zevo's Growing Up pack, with the Genesis 3 Male Morphs....I hate having to force people to have additional packs to make my crap work.  I've tried just creating the morph in another program, but wow..I had no idea the suckage I have when it comes to making kids. lol  It may be a while, but I'll figure it out!

And just because-update on Ahmad's body moprhs.  Done!

Testing out an alternate idea atm, as well. ;)  May or may not share.  I like surprises.

Well I won't complain about having to have Zev0's pack 'cause  already own it :D 

Ohh Ahmad's got great body morphs , looking forward to seeing more of him.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

With the long hair he would make a nice native American character. Do I see war paint in his future? :) 

He really would make a lovely Native American...

I'd think most folks would have Zevo's Growing Up pack, since it's the only decent way to have kid-shapes without knowing how to model, I'd guess.  And Ahmad looks like he'd work for Asian Indian (how does one say that?) and Native American, and throw a different skin on him... Yeah, he's going to be incredibly versatile on top of being gorgeous! Wow!

• GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239

A definate sale here, ... though only if he comes with 3dlight materials, as I can't do Iray (running the old DAZ 4.7) .. but I'd grab the brother and older bro as soon as they hit the store..(or before if DAZ doesent play with you) ..
    Vinny

Thank you-everyone.  I dunno-maybe on 'war paint' with LIE presets, perhaps?  

Thank you, GallCommTV, however I no longer work in 3Delight as it takes much longer on my PC to render than Iray.  I've tested it with a simple plane, ball and four other low resolution shapes and it's about twice the time to get the same (somewhat) lighting styles. I ray my Iray on the previous decade old computer - it took time, but I was rendering with Iray after it came out with no Nvidia card.  Now, instead of three hours for a simple scene, I can get one in about 15 minutes...but as I say to everyone, old systems can use Iray with patience.  Doing dual shader systems is not something I can work with since I have very limited time to work with my art; the day job saps my brainpain something awful. :)

gonna have a seak peek at the next idea for Ahmad, and I'll keep the idea of using Zevo for the youngsters.

So....how about a Djinn?

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ooh, I like this a lot, Darwin!

I have to agree with you on 3Delight. I was working on it until last summer. I've tried to go back, even recently with Marshian's new reflective shaders, but it just takes so much longer to even see if something looks right in a test render, even after upgrading my video card. With Iray, I can see it very quickly and make adjustments. I just can't go backwards, I don't have the patience any more.

Ohh yes please to the Djinn :) And I think it suits him . 

I still do 3delight renders once in a while, but mostly I use Iray. 

edited March 2017

Oh, my, that is a cool look! Well, actually, it's incredible. The skin is simply gorgeous!

I started out w/3Dlight, but since I am learning DAZ and re-learning what little I knew, I've decided to learn Iray, and use 3Dlight for toon renders only if I have to. I bought Sketchy, which is Iray, and LineRender9000 works with Iray to at least some degree from what I've heard, and I intend to focus what spare brain capacity I have on Iray. ;)

Post edited by firewarden on
This discussion has been closed.