Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

I shall, thank you KM.  I think when I put them together, I just forgot to save it and when I re-opened the file...of course, they were gone. lol

Time to work!  catch peeps later. 

Back to Ahmad!

Re-added in details to the muted, smooth base skin texture.  Went over the bumps for seams.  Added two new brows.  Now to move onto the 4 map sets on the Djinn portion.

Profile for seam checking and with Dale's Goatee from @Saiyaness with some color changing on the fibremesh.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    edited March 2017

Wow Darwin he is looking better and better each time you post him mmmmmmm soooo yummyyyyyy!!!

The skin is looking purrrrfecttt and that Goatee suits him to a T.

Edited to Add: I just noticed that in both renders there is a really dark brown spot on his neck, is that on purpose?

Post edited by Saphirewild on

THank you!  Still working on the Djinn options-having issues with the bump maps atm.  Arg.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

ahhhhhh I just thought I would mention it to you to have a look at the skin.

and the Djinn skin looks like it would give you problems.

The dark spot is actually lighting, so there shouldn't be an issue, but I'll check!  Good eyes.

And yes.........PITA.  Really.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

I feel as if we should be offering you hazard pay for the extra work on the djinn options. ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That goatee looks incredibly real.  I would pay extra for the djinn lol.

ok-so I had an idear.  Testing it out.  Lowering the coloring settings on the scars and letting them re-render overnight and will post the difference.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Oh, those are actually kind of interesting!  Are the dots raised?  They look like they might have some bump.  I like that.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh love the raised scars!

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Wauw someones been busy and he's looking mighty fine! 

He really rocks that goatee! 

And the raised scars looks awesome! 

• Oh my gosh, I love those! They look so amazing! Would it be terrible of me to say it would be super cool if they went down his arms and legs too? Either way I love it! :D

Ahmad just gets more and more amazing! Wow!

Thank you, everyone.  Yes-they are bump mapped, and LIE Presets so they can be placed on other G3M UV based figures.  If I avoid UV seams, they may work on others as well.  As for arms/legs-that's planned, as well as the face.

Lowered the LIE layer in the Translucency slot:

Gonna have to do a second LIE Preset for "regular" skin types: this is before the fix

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

Not that I don't like them, because I do, but those tattoo/scarification marks look awfully Celtic for a Djinn, especially on his back.

Regardless, he looks very good so far!

vwrangler said:

Not that I don't like them, because I do, but those tattoo/scarification marks look awfully Celtic for a Djinn, especially on his back.

Regardless, he looks very good so far!

Interesting. I think they look tribal. 

XD  Thank you.  They are just a tester, so they won't be the final product.  I'm working on research on a few things before I decide what I'm going to use as a final idea.  I may just go totally off-wall and make something up.  The "fix" was too bright white, so I'll work on that technique as I go.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Love watching this progress

Thank you!  I am going to re-work the idea, though.  After trying to re-do the pattern on his back and torso I couldn't use my hand for three hours (Rheumatoid Arthritus) so..New idea rendering on the arms at least. ;)  

two quick tests-updated chest tat and close up of the OHM tat-letting a render go since it's time to step away.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love those tattoos!  The ones around the neck and chest are especially nice.  :)

And the detail on the hands... Lots of beautiful work and details.  He's going to be amazing. Sorry to hear that it hurts to work on him, tho, with the RA. Not fun. :(

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

Those are really great, and incredible that you were able to do so much change in such a short time.

If you ever do another set of LIE tattoos, it would be wonderful if something like those were included. I don't think there's anything even vaguely like that for male characters on the market, for any generation.

Sorry to hear about the RA. I have a (very vague) sense of what that might be like; I had carpal tunnel in my hands so badly at one point that a couple of hours of typing made me need to stick my hands in ice for even longer afterward.

His tats are fantastic!!! I like the details inside teh outline. The meditation pose creeps me out, it creeps me out IRL too though. lol 

+1 autoimmune here. My illness sucks and has nearly killed me more then once, but I still wouldn't trade it for RA. That blows man. 

You guys do get the good drugs before we do though -  remicade humira cimzia.... I've done all the drugs lol I used to call my pharmacist my meth supplier (methotrexate) he didn't think it was as funny as I did. lol  

edited April 2017

Thank you very much!

lol @deathbycanon-I'm not on medication, just homeopathic wax soaks, hot water and Excedrine for pain/swelling.  I stopped drawing/painting because using a penicl for 8 hours left my hand in a claw for days-hence the computer/digital work now. I can't even use the bamboo tablet I have for the same reasons.  Everything I do is with a mouse, but after a few hours that can cause issues as well.  It blows.  

I plan to do another LIE tattoo set after a few more characters-I will make sure some of these are in there as well @vwrangler!

Here is a full body render with the leg/feet tattoos.  I still have the back to do, but I'll do a close up of the palm/hand scarring just for @firewarden. ;)

Oh-I put on his no brow option for his face and added Dale's brows with the goatee by Saiyaness. :)

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

That's a really great body....I mean tat, I was totally only looking for the tats..... :D

This discussion has been closed.