Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

I really hate the nails....and WOW...the outside mountain HDRI scene from Dimension Theory really had him blown out.  Gonna have to figure something out.  Second is Ultra Genesis Studio HDRI.  Not doing the third, gonna just get things fixed. Impatient.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Only 16 now lol.

I found a cool link as a companion to one of flemings books. has chapters assignments, images, etc. http://www.wiley.com//legacy/compbooks/fleming/

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

How about Dimension Theory's Light Probes? They are very versatile and soft lighting, but can still give off a lot of light. I really like them.

Nice find!  Thank you!

You're welcome. They are my "go to" lights quite often, and they play very well with others. I used them on my Black Kat book cover.

Sveva also has some fantastic lighting packages. My favorite is her Lumiere lights, which are on Rendo. I used those for a couple of Diesel's renders. 

I have one of Sveva's, which I'm using with the Ultra Genesis Studio Bokeh HDRI for a close up of the (hopefully) fixed nails; I'll post that up, too.  I do have the light probes, but they need to be mixed with other lighting to get better details and I was just testing the plain HDRI's. XD I use those too often.

Nails are better-quick 10 minute render

Nails look good and I like that pose. yes

I do too- doing an update with second circle lights and no HDRI-I think I got it fixed thanks to CC's (ChangelingChick) eye to detail. lol

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    cismic said:

Only 16 now lol.

I found a cool link as a companion to one of flemings books. has chapters assignments, images, etc. http://www.wiley.com//legacy/compbooks/fleming/

Wow that's a great find!  I got notice my book shipped so that will be really awesome thanks!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

He is coming along good Darwin!!

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

You guys drove up the price of the book. I'll wait until it comes back down. ;)

LOL- aw, sorry firewarden!

Let this one render fully- so, nails are fixed.  Time to re-seam.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

You could try looking it up at Abebooks.com   :) 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Yep, I just checked and they still have one copy under $2.  It doesn't say if the CD comes with it, though.  Ships from the UK, though, so no idea how long that would take.

@DarwinsMishap  Those nails in the last pic look good.  :)  Looks like my book shipped, too.

• Chanteur-de-VentChanteur-de-Vent Posts: 566
    edited April 2017

Looks like something celtic to me. I like him.

@DarwinsMishap I think I'm done testing. Everything seem to be working. Here are the last two renders:

Achmad-vs4-bg1-001.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 6M
    Achmad-vs5-pw2-001.jpg
    2500 x 1818 - 5M
    Post edited by Chanteur-de-Vent on

oh, how cool!  I love them both; the lighting, poses, DOF on the first are fantastic......that winged tiger on the second is gorgeous. Ahmad Djinn in that armor (and I shoulda made horns for him!).Thank you so much!

Yep, I just checked and they still have one copy under $2.  It doesn't say if the CD comes with it, though.  Ships from the UK, though, so no idea how long that would take.

@DarwinsMishap  Those nails in the last pic look good.  :)  Looks like my book shipped, too.

THank you!  Shoulda heard me cursing last night. I'da been a continual bleep reel.  

Looks like Fleming's "Freaky Frank" Book on AbeBooks (the used version, 1 copy left) is 1.34! 

Someone says "Good Morning" while testing facial rigging. :)

..need to check the shaders on his teeth. >.>

edited April 2017

quick (15 minutes and still at 0% convergance-love reflective/refractive/translucent materials) render- teeth shade is alright, but needs a sharper shine.  

Post edited by Chohole on

Much better! Onto the other two brow sets after finishing seam checking. 

LMAO. Wow, these are interesting renders today! 

@Chanteur Beautifully done! Love Ahmad in the Rune outfit!

LOL Have to have fun, right?

I WANT that Rune outfit. Eventually.  Someday.  And Right?  Love it on him.

I am looking for one with the CD. Will have to work on it when I have more time. I'd asked an eBay seller, but their copy did not have the CD. I've got the book marked so I won't forget it. 

I have the CD somewhere, unless it got lost in the move.  Have't seen it in years-I bought my copy from here when it was available.  Hope you find one!

@DarwinsMishap I think I'm done testing. Everything seem to be working. Here are the last two renders:

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I think my jaw hit the floor there. Might have a bruise...

• oh, how cool!  I love them both; the lighting, poses, DOF on the first are fantastic......that winged tiger on the second is gorgeous. Ahmad Djinn in that armor (and I shoulda made horns for him!).Thank you so much!

You mean you can make him a matching set of horns? Why didn't you????? He looks amazing with horns. *silently pats herself on the back for converting Achmad Djinn to demonismangel

Llynara said:

LMAO. Wow, these are interesting renders today! 

@Chanteur Beautifully done! Love Ahmad in the Rune outfit!

Thank you, Llynara. I think he makes a great dark elf/demon lord in that outfit. 

LOL Have to have fun, right?

I WANT that Rune outfit. Eventually.  Someday.  And Right?  Love it on him.

You mean you don't have it yet???

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I think my jaw hit the floor there. Might have a bruise...

LOL. Sorry, didn't mean to traumatize your jaw. Thank you.

Newp-everytime I had the cash for it, I had to either get something else or pay bills. lol  As for the horns, my first attempt wasn't bad, but not good enough to sell.  Need more practice.XD

You could make an add-on set later: "Demon Djinn!"

This discussion has been closed.