Comments

• Yesss! With some fangs and claws! 

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited April 2017

LOL- I'll consider it!

Second brow and eye color for Nikolas:

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Brow 3- gonna have to work on these, but not bad for a start.

Another eye color, too

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Absolutely beautiful Chanteur-de-Vent!

The Rune Outfit has been in and out of my cart numerous times lol.  One of these days...

Really like that last eye color.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Yeah, I've got the bundle for G2F and G3F, because it was at a great price at some point. Seems like the male bundle is higher. Been wanting that one forever.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

LOL- I'll consider it!

Second brow and eye color for Nikolas:

He's looking good. :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

He is coming along amazingly Darwin I am already drooling here.

(I will clean it up off the floor later)

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2017

As someone who's not really into demony things, but does like the two celebrity inspirations* for Ahmad, I think he looks good as-is, Darwin, and you shouldn't beat yourself up too much about not doing horns. The way I figure it, a lot of peeps who would like him in demon mode probably have the tools to make it happen for themselves. :)

I'm thinking the djinn options will make an interesting alien as well, for those who do SF. 

Many thanks to Chanteur-de-Vent for doing the testing on this character. Hopefully Daz will approve too.

Liking Nikolas as well, btw.

*I don't really have time anymore to watch movies from the film industry that Hrithik and Akshay belong to but I try to make time for the films of those two guys, and having a G3M quasi-analogue to them would definitely be fun.

Post edited by Odaa on

Thank you Odaa- I want to learn, that's for sure.  I do hope Ahmad will be versitile enough for people to like and use. :)

And..thank you again!

edited April 2017
    Odaa said:

As someone who's not really into demony things, but does like the two celebrity inspirations* for Ahmad, I think he looks good as-is, Darwin, and you shouldn't beat yourself up too much about not doing horns. The way I figure it, a lot of peeps who would like him in demon mode probably have the tools to make it happen for themselves. :)

I'm thinking the djinn options will make an interesting alien as well, for those who do SF. 

Many thanks to Chanteur-de-Vent for doing the testing on this character. Hopefully Daz will approve too.

*I don't really have time anymore to watch movies from the film industry that Hrithik and Akshay belong to but I try to make time for the films of those two guys, and having a G3M quasi-analogue to them would definitely be fun.

+1

Two of my family's fave Bollywood actors. And I'm so hoping Ahmad is in the store soon. How could DAZ resist him?! I mean, look at the promo you did of him. He's absolutely one of the most gorgeous and unique characters, and you've set him up to be so versatile. I mean, we have ten-zillion demons... how many djinn are there in the DAZ store? 

Post edited by Chohole on

Thank you fire and odaa, really.  Hopefully soon- he was accepted, so he WILL be in the store; meaning Ahmad. :) 

I missed your posts when I posted the young version of Nikolas, my screen hadn't updated. lol

So- added freckles and moles so far.  Just noticed his stubble option, however, needs extending back to the end of the jawline.  Somehow I didn't quite get there? O.o  Odd.  BUT..another bald render fer yas.

Checking outer arm seam, leg/torso, and bends.  You can see more of the body freckles and moles this way as well as the limbs.  Going to let a back render while at work, and start on options.

• Odaa said:

Odaa said:

+1

Two of my family's fave Bollywood actors. And I'm so hoping Ahmad is in the store soon. How could DAZ resist him?! I mean, look at the promo you did of him. He's absolutely one of the most gorgeous and unique characters, and you've set him up to be so versatile. I mean, we have ten-zillion demons... how many djinn are there in the DAZ store? 

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to sound ungrateful or forse my demon vision on Achmad. I really appreaciate him to be a middle-eastern character and the djinn is indeed a more versatile something than a demon. It's just I enjoyed Achmad in this demon look, because that's what I have content for. In any case - the more the merrier. The way he is now, he can be transformed into a demon without any additional add-ons made specifically for him. And Darwin, he's already very versatile and has lots of options. In my opinion one of your best so far. I hope he's get accepted soon.

• So- added freckles and moles so far.  Just noticed his stubble option, however, needs extending back to the end of the jawline.  Somehow I didn't quite get there? O.o  Odd.  BUT..another bald render fer yas.

Looks good, I like the freckles. Would fit nicely with a redhead setup, and I have a soft spot for redheads. cheeky

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Dang, I thought he already looked good. The freckles and moles make him look even better! 

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Wow! He's looking so realistic!  

edited April 2017
    Odaa said:

Odaa said:

+1

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to sound ungrateful or forse my demon vision on Achmad. I really appreaciate him to be a middle-eastern character and the djinn is indeed a more versatile something than a demon. It's just I enjoyed Achmad in this demon look, because that's what I have content for. In any case - the more the merrier. The way he is now, he can be transformed into a demon without any additional add-ons made specifically for him. And Darwin, he's already very versatile and has lots of options. In my opinion one of your best so far. I hope he's get accepted soon.

I didn't mean that toward you at all. Sorry! I meant it toward Darwin who said something that I took as he was feeling bad that he wasn't able to make demon horns he was happy with and that he didn't make horns for Ahmad. Sorry if it was confusing!

Post edited by firewarden on
  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Wow he's coming along nicely. Great job on the freckles and moles.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2017
    Odaa said:

Odaa said:

+1

Chanteur, I think your renders of Ahmad, although not in my wheelhouse, have been very well executed, and it sounds like you've done a thorough job of testing him, so that the purchasers can have fun with him later. :) No disrespect to your art was intended. My reasons for speaking up were more like firewarden's-just wanting to reassure Darwin that he had already gone above and beyond on the character.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • Chanteur-de-VentChanteur-de-Vent Posts: 566
    edited April 2017
    Odaa said:

Odaa said:

+1

I didn't mean that toward you at all. Sorry! I meant it toward Darwin who said something that I took as he was feeling bad that he wasn't able to make demon horns he was happy with and that he didn't make horns for Ahmad. Sorry if it was confusing!

Odaa said:
    Odaa said:

Odaa said:

+1

Chanteur, I think your renders of Ahmad, although not in my wheelhouse, have been very well executed, and it sounds like you've done a thorough job of testing him, so that the purchasers can have fun with him later. :) No disrespect to your art was intended. My reasons for speaking up were more like firewarden's-just wanting to reassure Darwin that he had already gone above and beyond on the character.

Thank you for clearing it up, Odaa and firewarden. I guess we could all agree that Darwin is amazing, makes amazing characters and Achmad is one of them. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Post edited by Chanteur-de-Vent on

Thank you, everyone.  I'm humbled, and honored, and I didn't take the request as something bad, but an idea to work on in the future-which I plan on doing anyway! ;) I have loads of things to learn, so as I go I'll probably offer up freebies rather than sell them until I get to the point where I think they'd be sellable.  I'll do my best, but if things don't look right or work right let me know and I'll figure out how to fix things!  That's how I learn, by doing. lol

So, here's the back view.  Doing the gen set up and adding the stubble materials before going on to fix the stubble itself and onto fun things like scars, make up and tats. XD

My book came today.  All I can say is I got a real bargain because that book is absolutely loaded with very easy to follow, step by step instructions with pictures of everything.  No CD but that's okay I will just use a different texture map. Principle is the same I would imagine.  Looking forward to giving this a go. Thank you very much for the suggestion DarwinsMishap!

You're so welcome!  I never used the CD- I started directly on making character bump maps with it. :) Glad to share- it's a great book to learn from.

I've read halfway through the first chapter its all I had time for today (we are in the midst of introducing my sons puppy to my older dog who is not too fond of other dogs, so I had one eye on the dogs and one eye on the book this afternoon lol).  Its incredibly detailed, with very easy to follow explanations and directions.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

The skin detail is amazing! 

You're so welcome!  I never used the CD- I started directly on making character bump maps with it. :) Glad to share- it's a great book to learn from.

I won't worry about the CD then. 

And I agree with @deathbycanon; the skin detail is amazing. Love all the small details and the realistic variance in color.

Thank you very much!  Been ill, so I apologize for not being around.  Will get back to work on that stubble issue and then scarring ideas tonight, hopefully. ;)

Current test render .........and I need to fix the neck area.  Always something!

This discussion has been closed.