Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ouch! That looks painful!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Good!  Then the idea comes across well. lol

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Good!  Then the idea comes across well. lol

lol, I like it. It gives him a story....

• He looks like he really burned himself. Maybe with napalm. The amount of realism in it scares me... :fear:

aw, but thank you?  :)

Going to try to catch up on comments and the gallery thread this weekend while working on those scars.  I mucked up the bump map on the stubble option by shifting the diffuse and forgetting the bumps.  *sigh* so, the neck needs touched up and the bumps on the four head options for stubble needs work before I move onto other scars, and then make up (more of a modern take to counter-balance the fantasy/historical feel he seemes to have taken on) and then tattoos!

Thank you, everyone, for stopping in. I do appreciate it and will endevor to visit other threads. ;) 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    Llynara said:

Ouch! That looks painful!

+1

Was thinking the exact same thing!

;)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Just popping in.  Had a lot to catch up in this thread.  The new guy is looking great.  I actually love the realism of the burn scar.  That's definitely something that is lacking in the store currently.  I'll pop back in soon.  Hopefully, the tats will be done by then.  :)

Hey!  Glad you could stop in again. :)  Thank you, by the way, I appreciate that.  

Well- here is an example of a failed render.  I tried four times to get the clothing to work the way I wanted and it just wouldn't take texturing well (I was using PBR shaders and others, but this was the "best" I could get) and the lighting ...well... meh.

Still.  Here is Nikolas in priest garb. XD

close up of the finished scar with the stubble option in my preview window:

The stubble with the scar looks very good. I really like the hairstyle on him too. Looks like Paul Curls maybe?

You're right!  Good eye, and thank you!  working on tat ideas...I'll post'em, but they aren't final. Just ideas atm.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That must be tough to shave.  Love the scar, its beautifully done.

ideas; the lighting ain't the greatest, renders are stopped at 50% but you get the idea. :)

and thank you!

and with that-I'm out. ;) night all!

Night!  For the morning coffe I totally LOVE The head tatoo.  I really like the sharpness of the angles.  And the tattoo on his chest is interesting but if you don't mind my honest opinion since I know these are ideas and not set in stone, I think the two dark lines are too thick to go with the rest of the design.  Feel free to tell me to shut up lol. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

He's breaking out in a map!  (2 points if you can name the reference).

Thank you!  Never mind honesty, Sonja, thank you.  Yeah- I didn't care for the rest of the design either so I played with another idea and will post it up after it's rendered.  And I rather like the head tat as well-different!

............map? O.o Not enough coffee, my friend.  I get no points. LOL

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115

Hey!  Glad you could stop in again. :)  Thank you, by the way, I appreciate that.  

Well- here is an example of a failed render.  I tried four times to get the clothing to work the way I wanted and it just wouldn't take texturing well (I was using PBR shaders and others, but this was the "best" I could get) and the lighting ...well... meh.

If you have read any of Ilona Andrews's books specifially the Kate Daniels series (Magic Bites, Magic Burns, etc.); this image makes me think of Derek.  He's a werewolf that got himself in trouble and ended up with a disfiguring scar on his otherwise very beautiful face.   He'll be an instant buy for me when he hits the store.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

I really like neck and chest tattoos!

I like this second one much better.  Really like the bold, heavy lines of these tatoos. 

I don't know. I'm not feeling the geometric thing on him. It seems out of place for some reason. I'm wondering if he would look better with something more tribal. 

klooless said:

If you have read any of Ilona Andrews's books specifially the Kate Daniels series (Magic Bites, Magic Burns, etc.); this image makes me think of Derek.  He's a werewolf that got himself in trouble and ended up with a disfiguring scar on his otherwise very beautiful face.   He'll be an instant buy for me when he hits the store.

Haven't read them, but thank you!  Glad you popped in.  :)

I really like neck and chest tattoos!

Thank you, and Sonja!  I'm on the fence with these, honestly.  I was, as Llynara mentioned, thinking tribal but that style doesn't fit well with the head tat, which I Really like.  I'll keep piddling until I like something.  XD

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

He's cute . I like the neck tattoo and the V shaped ones on the chest, but I'm not sure about the rest on his chest. 

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

From the front and with a dark background, the head tats look abit like he has little dents in his head ;) From other angles, the head tats are rather cool.

Thanks!

I went a different way on the tats for another test idea-I'll post it when it's done rendering

New idea- so there are seams.  Must fix those.  But I am loving this one, so I think I'll be working this angle:

This discussion has been closed.