Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited April 2017

The new tattoos definitely have a futuristic/sci-fi vibe to them. Would adding color options to them be a possibility?

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Thank you!  Not those, but the arm tats for the mid and lower portions and hands, yes. :)  Possibly the leg tat as well when I get to it

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

love the new tat idea, very cool! 

Thank you!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

The honeycomb thing is very interesting. Definitely sci-fi. Making them emissive would probably blow everyone away. Lots of possibilities!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I definitely like the honeycomb ones.  Those are pretty awesome.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

The new tats looks much better. Great work!

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

Looking very interesting. :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

I do like the second set better, with the honeycomb. Nice job on the burn area, looks so real!

Thank you, everyone. :)  

Going to try and deseam those-wish me luck. lol

Luck! 

;) Think that helped!  I'll post the result and start on the arms/hands/legs. Then make up! If peeps have ideas, post'em while there's time. I may just consider the one I like the best in the mix. 

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

;) Think that helped!  I'll post the result and start on the arms/hands/legs. Then make up! If peeps have ideas, post'em while there's time. I may just consider the one I like the best in the mix. 

Best of luck! BTW, I think @Llynara's suggestion of emissive honeycomb tatoos would be pretty awesome 

Trish

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600
    edited May 2017

ideas; the lighting ain't the greatest, renders are stopped at 50% but you get the idea. :)

I really like this.Very cool look.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Thank you-dunno about the emissives atm, but I'm definitely liking the base. :)

Thank you, Serene.  I can imagine how much that kinda tat would hurt, but believe it or not I got the idea from a photo of a woman who had something very similar done.  Just...Ow.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600
    edited May 2017

Who knows if he is from the future as that tattoo implies it could be entirely different process or application. I thinking moving tats will be the new thing or those that change colors or looks or implanted  subcutaneously 

Post edited by Serene Night on

Now that...would be awesome.  Seriously. 

seams fixed- did a quick addition to the arm, but I'm thinking with the design, I may have it alone rather than with the entire torso/arm honeycomb, since the design matches.  It may be too much combined, but it's rendering now.

edited May 2017

Thank you-dunno about the emissives atm, but I'm definitely liking the base. :)

Thank you, Serene.  I can imagine how much that kinda tat would hurt, but believe it or not I got the idea from a photo of a woman who had something very similar done.  Just...Ow.

If you stuck a partial map in the emissive channel and did a preset like that, it might work if the tattoo background is transparent or everything else is blacked out. I did that here with the Machina materials on my art thread. One of the material presets was made to go over the skin. I stuck it in the emissive channel, but the hands glowed, so I photoshopped those out with black and saved as a separate map just for emisson. Kind of fun to play around with. I'm going to try it with the Sykla Scout textures next. 

Post edited by Llynara on

Well, that's what I did with Ahmad's hands, yes. :) Just don't know if I wanna, but I might try. lol

This shows the arm tat. I dunno about it.

He's looking really cool. :)

Thank you!  Took the night away from the computer yesterday, so hopefully tonight I will feel like getting back to him. lol

closer look at the arm tat.  Not final, but it's an idea:

Soooooooon.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I'm finally catching up!  I like the latest tats.  Nice work.  The arm looks great.  I'm really loving the nice work you did on that burn scar.  That is a seriously killer nice job!

Yay! We need more hunky dunks in the DAZ store. Especially angry Djinns that glow! 

lol- thank you both.  I seriously need to sit my butt down and start visiting other's threads.  Thank you for visiting mine again-even in my closeting away. :)  Took the night off again last night.  Trying not to get burnt out and get Nik done at the same time isn't condusive to my productivity at all. lol

Take care of yourself!!

Don't burn out - better to take some time off then have your passion become a burden!

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Take care of yourself!!

Don't burn out - better to take some time off then have your passion become a burden!

Yeah, it definitely sounds like you could use some more downtime. I know the feeling of obsessively needing to tweak your latest art creation, until it's *done* but giving in to it always leaves me cranky and sleep-derived, so I try not to.

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394

I'm pretty sure would give my right leg to have a female version of Ahmad.  Particularily the purple skin version.  So amazing!!!

This discussion has been closed.