Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Take care of yourself .

If you feel like getting burned out, then you should definitely take some downtime and re-charge your creative batteries. 

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Thank you, everyone!  The time off was well spent- though I still need to do some cleaning around here. >.>  We get to talking and BAM!-it's midnight. lol  We always have such interesting conversations.

I don't know if I'll do a female version of Ahmad, that purple/blue/red skin was a PITA with the seam work. lol

But- Ahmad's released! https://www.daz3d.com/ahmad-for-genesis-3-male

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Congrats on the new release! 

Using a UV swap would allow the skin to be used on a female. Might try that soon just for kicks. wink

lol-true!  Hm.  and thank you!

Well, I don't have UV Swapper, so excuse the seams. Maybe after loading the Djinn preset remove the bump and normal maps with one of the males that have similar eyebrows and no scruff/chest hair and it could work.  This is my Danica from Rendo wearing Ahmad's base Djinn skin.......nevermind the 5 o'clock shadow bump! lol

I'm working on one with V7. She looks pretty good but is jinxing my computer at the moment. Gotta restart.

edited May 2017

This is with the UV Swap product, and everything looks very good. Lighting isn't perfect here, but not bad! Whenever I'm stuck, Painter's Lights seem to be the answer. Not sure I'm wild about the background though. 

You could have some fun with LIE makeup on her. Emissive makeup would be totally cool, though she really doesn't need any. This skin is very beautiful on both genders. (Click for a bigger pic, then zoom in.)

V7 Djinn2.png
    1500 x 1433 - 1M
    Post edited by Llynara on

ah- I have that at times as well.

SO, this is a really, really rough draft of an idea for a full leg tattoo so far.  Nothing final, but the 'feel' of it is what I'm going after.  Can't work on it anymore since there's stuff to do, but here it is anyway:

Wow, Llynara-she looks beautiful!  Much better than I'd expect, thank you for showing her.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917
    Llynara said:

This is with the UV Swap product, and everything looks very good. Lighting isn't perfect here, but not bad! Whenever I'm stuck, Painter's Lights seem to be the answer. Not sure I'm wild about the background though. 

You could have some fun with LIE makeup on her. Emissive makeup would be totally cool, though she really doesn't need any. This skin is very beautiful on both genders. (Click for a bigger pic, then zoom in.)

wow, she got really bad posture, lol, but yes that seemed to work just fine, now I'm happy to have the UV swap!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Wow she looks amazing with that skin on her she really looks like a genie!!!

I am so loving the leg tattoo Darwin, totally kewls such details with the cross between black and red, plus great pattern!!!

edited May 2017

Thanks! I'm really liking how this is turning out. I've got ideas for her! (As always, click and zoom in for more detail, I like to render stuff big.)

A few more tweaks:

• Fixed the background
    • Zoomed in
    • Turned off some of the clothing so we can see more of that gorgeous Djinn skin!
    • Made her irises more emissive, but they're not as glowy as I want yet
    • Added LIE makeup, which you can't see much because she's already dark
    • Fixed hair shaders to not be so reflective under all the lights. That skin needs a lot of light to show up right.

Is it me, or does she look like Natalie Portman with purple skin? Loving it! Ahmad translates over very well. Might have to try him on a monster next. Watch out.

@Linwelly LOL! It's one of CakeOne's V7 Attitude poses. I think they all have bad posture in those, but they do get the message across.

V7 Djinn3.png
    1500 x 1433 - 2M
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

Leg tats look excellent! Nice job.

You can see the make up-it's just difficult. lol  Very nice.  Yes, the dark skin is a little more difficult to light; just remember, blue based lights will bleed out the highlights on the skin some. I'd like to see that monster!

Leg tats look excellent! Nice job.

Thanks!  I'll keep plugging away on them and then really re-work ideas.  Think I'll finalize the black, however, considering how choppy it is atm.

ah- I have that at times as well.

SO, this is a really, really rough draft of an idea for a full leg tattoo so far.  Nothing final, but the 'feel' of it is what I'm going after.  Can't work on it anymore since there's stuff to do, but here it is anyway:

I like how that wraps around the leg. Very cool! 

I have to admit, I'm totally spoiled by your tattoo options. When I'm loading other characters, I'm like, "Where are the tattoos?" They seem naked sometimes because their options are so sparse compared to yours. 

Ok I got a question, before I can go public with Ahmad I will need some information about the meanings of his tatoos...

in his human form

The leg, his feet and most of his chest are the classical Henna motives,

the right arm is the Om, mani padme hum,

the back is a henna motive as well but this time from India, and I belive it got some meaning but don't know which

around his neck looks like hebrew writing, probably something from the talmud? Its not the menetekel, that is for sure

the scarring on his left arm I have seen as some ornament before as well but not the context

his hands with the glowing stuff is the usual alchemistical gibberish, no worries there

As for the djinn skin there is some writing on the side of his skin, not sure if that's just fantasy or got a meaning.

I'm not trying to be difficult here but honestly I've seen people running around with chinese style tatoos meaning " this is not chicken"  so I really prefer to know about what I sprut around beforehand..

edited May 2017

The side torso tattoo is angelic writing-though the exact phrase escapes me since I didn't write it down?  It's more fantasy, so it wouldn't really have "real" meaning.  The neckline...I have to look for, but if memory serves me right, you're correct. I'll let ya know.  The scarring was based off of a protection circle, but in essence it isn't a 'real' glyph, either.

Here's an exerpt about the hamsa (hand) tatoo on his back: This hand is believed to be the hand of God by some communities. The original Hamsa symbol is believed to have originated from Greece and Rome. In as much as some believe that it is the eye of God, others believe that it is an evil eye that used to place a curse on a person how has too much pride.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2017

Wow, Female!Djinn!Ahmad looks remarkably like my mental images of Dejah Thoris. 

I have a Scifi!Djinn!Ahmad rendering right now, hopefully it will be done enough to share before I have to leave for Sunday brunch.

Magnificent character, Darwin, thank you again for all your hard work!

Post edited by Odaa on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2017

Wow! That definitely looks fantastic on her.

Llynara said:

Post edited by firewarden on
    edited May 2017

Ok, couldn't wait any longer, just downsized it a bit to get rid of some of the fireflies.

Ahmad_Space2.jpg
    1248 x 702 - 565K
    Post edited by Odaa on
  • Thank you, everyone!  The time off was well spent- though I still need to do some cleaning around here. >.>  We get to talking and BAM!-it's midnight. lol  We always have such interesting conversations.

I don't know if I'll do a female version of Ahmad, that purple/blue/red skin was a PITA with the seam work. lol

But- Ahmad's released! https://www.daz3d.com/ahmad-for-genesis-3-male

Does this mean I can post my pics of Achmad on DA now? angel

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love the look of that leg tattoo.  It looks very 3dimensional on his skin.

I now have to go see if I have the UV swap because that djinn skin looks really good on her.  I am in the middle of something right now but am hoping to render Ahmad at some point today.

Take as much time as you need to keep from burning out, burnout isn't worth it. 

edited May 2017

@Odaa - Ooh, a SciFi Djinn! Very cool! That skin can take Ahmad lots of places!

However, I think he's mad at me at the moment. First, I turned him into a woman, and now a centaur with botched material settings. I was trying to make the coat darker by playing with the settings on the Centaur Shell (before pic is attached). It's way too glossy and plasticky though. I may need to give in and get IDG's new Iray settings for the Horse and Centaur. They look very good. 

Oh, I checked and I don't have any monsters for Genesis 3, so I may have to port some in from Genesis or something.

Centaur Djinn2.png
    1500 x 1433 - 3M
    Centaur Djinn1.png
    1500 x 1433 - 3M

The side torso tattoo is angelic writing-though the exact phrase escapes me since I didn't write it down?  It's more fantasy, so it wouldn't really have "real" meaning.  The neckline...I have to look for, but if memory serves me right, you're correct. I'll let ya know.  The scarring was based off of a protection circle, but in essence it isn't a 'real' glyph, either.

Here's an exerpt about the hamsa (hand) tatoo on his back: This hand is believed to be the hand of God by some communities. The original Hamsa symbol is believed to have originated from Greece and Rome. In as much as some believe that it is the eye of God, others believe that it is an evil eye that used to place a curse on a person how has too much pride.

thanks for the infos so far! I managed to crash my DS twice today while trying to fit some genesis stuff in the Djinn. so still working on that scene.

nice works so far, that centaur is great!

edited May 2017

Thank you, Llynara, I'm messing with a centaur Ahmad myself right now (human skin though). I'll play with the horse skin seeting and see what I can come up with. If you have the Hides and Breeds addon, you can try plugging the fleabitten gray skin into the main coat surface as a bump map and glossiness map-it might help. You could also try using the leopard appaloosa skin and purpling it up in the diffuse and topcoat areas to match the Djinn's skin. Like his expression and pose in your pic though, and the lighting's very nice.

Llynara said:

@Odaa - Ooh, a SciFi Djinn! Very cool! That skin can take Ahmad lots of places!

However, I think he's mad at me at the moment. First, I turned him into a woman, and now a centaur with botched material settings. I was trying to make the coat darker by playing with the settings on the Centaur Shell (before pic is attached). It's way too glossy and plasticky though. I may need to give in and get IDG's new Iray settings for the Horse and Centaur. They look very good. 

Oh, I checked and I don't have any monsters for Genesis 3, so I may have to port some in from Genesis or something.

Post edited by Odaa on
    edited May 2017

@Llynara, after messing around a bit, I'm not seeing an easy or even moderately easy work around. Using the convert scalp option in the UHT2 hair shaders helps some, but not enough. If the new presets in the store fix this, they're worth every penny.

Post edited by Odaa on

I tried too, both on the centaur shell and the male centaur and nothing changed it. I think I'm going to spring for the IDG shaders. Playing shopping cart jenga, then will render and post wink

edited May 2017

The IDG shaders make it much, MUCH better. Now the horse hide actually looks like a horse hide. These are the materials that should have been in the main package. Not sure why they weren't with the others. There's an area that looks slightly different near the waist, but it could be that I forgot to reset something when I was messing with all the various settings. There are a lot of places to do that. I'll start one from scratch next time around and give him some clothes too.

Centaur Djinn3.png
    1500 x 1433 - 3M
    edited May 2017

Great job! As for the part you are worried about, I think that may be part of the human geoshell thingie rather than the horse body.

Wrestling with another Ahmad in Space pic, this time with a female of his own kind, called...Lashkara ("Twinkle" in either Hindi or Punjabi, not sure which).

Post edited by Odaa on
This discussion has been closed.