Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited May 2017

Thanks Odaa, I think you're right. I did one from scratch and it looked the same way. But I am so much happier with the IDG materials that I'll consider it a victory. Can't wait to see all the Space Djinns you come up with! 

EDIT: Quickie render, lots to tweak. Ahmad is much happier now that I gave him some weapons and some cool armor with "Fluffy", his pet Cthulu, on it. You'll get to meet Fluffy real soon! wink (Click for bigger pic.)

Post edited by Llynara on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2017

Very well-done! That's a really cool armor set that I just couldn't justify buying at the time. (I don't do a lot of octopus/atlantis/trident themed stuff.)

Well, the Space Djinn pic kept coming out grainy (difficult set/lighting combo)...will have to try again later.

ETA: here's a version that turned out okay. "The Princess and the Adventurer." I believe I used bump maps from Ekko (the softest looking guy I have with vaguely appropriate eyebrows), for the male-Uv-swapped Lashkara. Probably going to try some stuff with the human skin now.

AkshayTwinkleSpace.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Odaa on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Wow- leave for a day and I get to come back to all of these great renders!

Of course, Chanteur-de-Vent!  Anytime you want to post a product you test, I don't mind as long as we keep the issues either in thread or via messenger.  I think they'd be great to get out there, you've done a great job on them.

..........Wow, Llynara, never did I imagine Ahmad as a centaur, but you made him look pretty darn cool doing it.  Thank you!

Odaa, the sci-fi verions are awesome as well!  I love seeing what you guys come up with for renders, considering 90% of the time I don't envision the creations I make as others would.  What a great treat-thank you all!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917
    edited May 2017

here you go, this took rather long to render, no obvious reason why, as the magic effects are all just on planes, no real atmosphere in this one.

Anyway, seems they are having a dispute about the djinn going back to the bottle but he seems to have no intention of doing so.. Iray, no postwork

bottled.png
    1061 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by Linwelly on

That's a great render, LInwelly! Love it! 

@DarwinsMishap - Wow, you snuck this one past us. Didn't see it coming: https://www.daz3d.com/kimberly-for-ophelia-7-and-genesis-3-female

I'm especially fond of the name, LOL

That's awesome Linwelly- I agree, and love the posing there.  Great work, and thank you!

Yeah, I'mma sneaky git. ;) 

close ups of Kim's nail options:

I'm jealous. Her nails are way cooler than mine. LOL

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Kim is beautiful Darwin wow wow wow!!!

Thank you, Saph!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

She really is gorgeous and I could only wish my nails looked like that lol.

Thanks! 

I had fun putting this together-it's a quick one

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

She sure is beautiful. And you did a good job on hiding her from us lol 

I'm glad the surprise went over so well. :) Thank you!

Updated scar: render is only 30% done, but this shows the HD Morphs that accent the textures that were done previously.  

storm's here-gotta sign off, but here's the re-work so far.  Things to fix, but I like so far:

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    Llynara said:

This is with the UV Swap product, and everything looks very good. Lighting isn't perfect here, but not bad! Whenever I'm stuck, Painter's Lights seem to be the answer. Not sure I'm wild about the background though. 

You could have some fun with LIE makeup on her. Emissive makeup would be totally cool, though she really doesn't need any. This skin is very beautiful on both genders. (Click for a bigger pic, then zoom in.)

SaveOmg!!!  Every bit as amazing as I thought it would be!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love that tatoo.  The scar looks incredibly real, I feel like I could reach out and run my hand over it and it would feel like a scar.  Very well done!

I haven't had a chance to render Ahmad yet, hopefully after this weekend I will have more time to do him justice.

Thank you very much!

Can't wait to see what you come up with.  Now, my time will be taken up with icons and cards so I can zip him up to get him to my next volunteer tester!

edited May 2017

The leg looks cool. The facial scar makes me cringe. It looks so real and so painful! Poor Nik!

@freni-kyn Thanks! I really love Ahmad's skin and it's fun to see who we can put it on, LOL

Post edited by Llynara on

Thank you so much. XD  I'm glad people are enjoying him so well, Mr. Ahmad.  I appreciate and am honored by that.

You really knocked it out of the park with Ahmad. I've seen some beautiful renders of him in the DAZ groups on FB too. People really like him. There are not other skins out there that come even close to that, so bravo on the beauty and originality that went into him! I think you've created something very special with him. laugh

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I am one who can not wait till I have the budget once again to snatch up Mr.Ahmad!!!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917

just in case you need some more persuasion

Love this- you did such a great job with this one, Linwelly.  Thank you!

So- I have sent Nikolas' files to Stormlyght, the next tester!  Last but certainly NOT least is Ferretmania who will be my tester for the next project, and we'll start over on the list and add deathbycannon and vwrangler to the list as well.

Thank you again to all of my volunteers!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love the leg tats!  Very nice.  I was excited to see my copy of the 3D Texture Workshop book that you recommended in the mail.  My copy did indeed come with the CD so I was happy about the.  I'm going to try and take a look at it this weekend.  The boys are off doing a beach cleanup with their scout troop tomorrow so I don't have to play chauffeur to anyone which is a nice change as I now have a Saturday to do anything I want.

Linwelly said:

just in case you need some more persuasion

Ha ha! This is adorable. Love it!

I love the leg tats!  Very nice.  I was excited to see my copy of the 3D Texture Workshop book that you recommended in the mail.  My copy did indeed come with the CD so I was happy about the.  I'm going to try and take a look at it this weekend.  The boys are off doing a beach cleanup with their scout troop tomorrow so I don't have to play chauffeur to anyone which is a nice change as I now have a Saturday to do anything I want.

Eeeeeeeeeeeexcellent. XD  I, however, will be offline most of the day Saturday. Need to get crap done around here and we have plans for the evening (depending), so no work for me. Gotta cram it in tonight, because Sunday we'll be out and about again.  

I'd whine, but hey.....it's time with my s/o. ;)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Eeeeeeeeeeeexcellent. XD  I, however, will be offline most of the day Saturday. Need to get crap done around here and we have plans for the evening (depending), so no work for me. Gotta cram it in tonight, because Sunday we'll be out and about again.  

I'd whine, but hey.....it's time with my s/o. ;)

Hey, time with your s/o is important.  You guys have fun together and enjoy yourselves while you're doing the stuff that needs to be done.  Sometimes, just doing that stuff together makes it go quicker or, at the very least, you don't mind it as much.  :)

This discussion has been closed.