Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087

Exactly!  I'm definitely not complaining. ;)  I'll probably be here for my morning coffee and checking promos, but after that I'm detaching and gone. lol

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

So- I have sent Nikolas' files to Stormlyght, the next tester!  Last but certainly NOT least is Ferretmania who will be my tester for the next project, and we'll start over on the list and add deathbycannon and vwrangler to the list as well.

Thank you again to all of my volunteers!

Yipee I'm so excited ! Thank you , looking forward to test. 

I hope you and your s/o have a wonderful time together :) 

Thank you on both counts!

New render:

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

So- I have sent Nikolas' files to Stormlyght, the next tester!  Last but certainly NOT least is Ferretmania who will be my tester for the next project, and we'll start over on the list and add deathbycannon and vwrangler to the list as well.

Thank you again to all of my volunteers!

Downloading him now. Thank you for the opportunity to test one of your awesome men smiley

Trish

You're welcome and thank you for doing so! 

• So, I'm here...now what? devil

XD!!  Now.......you can sit back, enjoy, and get harrassed!

....oh, and so people know I'm simply not being difficult- my s/o.  *Points to Oliver*

Teaser!

So, I'm here...now what? devil

XD!!  Now.......you can sit back, enjoy, and get harrassed!

....oh, and so people know I'm simply not being difficult- my s/o.  *Points to Oliver*

Hah I figured as much , guess I was right  :P 

Welcome Oliver , nice to finally "meet" you ! 

Teaser!

Ohh great image and I love the lighting.

lol- great guess.

Thank you!  It's a combo of BOSS and Promo Captures lighting sets with one of DimensionTheory's HDRI environment maps for whatever lighting it'd give from the windows in the MICK construction set that he's inside of.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited May 2017

Welcome to the madhouse!  ;)  We don't bite, much.  So, are you as artistic as DM or mostly stick to the writing?  If yes to artistic, we must see your stuff! We are all about the visuals in the forums.  There is literally something for everyone here.

edit: Thought I should clarify lest anyone think I don't think writing is artistic because nothing could be further from the truth.  I was mostly curious if your artistic nature ventured into the realm of digital art like DM. 

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

What the dickens? (Terrible pun, I know, LOL.) Way cool username. smiley

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I agree with KM welcome to the madhouse lol.   Don't believe a word of it, we do to bite.  We'll try and be gentle til your used to us though lol. Nice to meet the other half!

(you did warn him about us didn't you?)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

@darwinsmishap OMG, that's a great render! I don't recognize the outfit but Nik is looking good. 

Welcome, Oliver! Lovely to finally meet you! 

It's the Rodrigo outfit here. Great outfit, and it's the second texture for it.

Thank you everyone (and he knows about you darn kids ;) ) 

• Hello everyone and thank you for the welcome (Look out Dar, they may like me better than you)

Ferretmania, thank you for the greeting! Yes, yes you were right yes It is good to "meet" you as well.

Knittingmommy, halloooo. Live in a madhouse, work in a madhouse, friends are all mad- I feel right at home. I don't have the patience Darwin has for Digital Art.  I admire all of you who use this platform! I am a writer and also let out my creative bent with cooking.  I'm happy to be Dar's muse by way of character creation. I sit back and enjoy the fruit of his labor as he gives them an actual "skin suit" (so to speak). 

Firewarden, bwahah.  Realized too late thatI should have made it Oliver Twisted (more fitting) but yanno- hindsight and all that. 

Ice Dragon Art, thanks for the welcome and warning.  I've been living with Dar for the last 13 years, I think I can survive y'all wink

Llynara, thank you very much for the welcome, it's good to meet you as well! 

I hope he warned you all about me as well. I gave him a mission/challenge earlier today (cue the Mission Impossible theme).  He may be frustrated and swearing worse than usual  over the next few days. It will be entertaining and you're welcome!!

Oooh, a challenge.  Do tell!  I'm sure he's up to it.  Very talented our DM is, yep!  

• You miss a couple of forum updates and look what happens.

@oliverstwist:  welcome Oliver, nice to meet you. I like how your usernames somehow seem to match - Darwin's Mishap, Oliver's Twist... Or maybe I'm thinking about it way too much. smiley

Teaser!

Damn cool, Darwin, especially that face expression. 

(They may, since you ARE the nicest one of this duo, lol)

Thank you, Chanteur!  I'm very pleased with this one as well, one of my favorites of Nik's.  Definitely.

As to that challenge- cue swearing.  Much.  

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917

Haha, I love how this is becoming all family cozy, lets put that couch in the middle and the kettle on the stove for some tea.

now that promo for the new character is really nice, interesting what a difference the  light and an expression can make!

He looks great in that outfit.  I was like, wow, I really like that outfit!  And realized I have it.  Haven't rendered it yet so I am glad I like it lol!  I really like his eyebrows in this render.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

So excited to be going on the list! The promo image is amazing, the lighting and expression are top notch! Welcome Oliver! Love how your and Dar's creativity can come together in character creation.  

lol

Well, KM, can't.  He made me promise-so blame that one *Points*  Note: the swearing's already started. lol

Thank you, Linwelly!  I know, right?  One simple change and blammo-attitude. XD

I haven't used that yet, either, and it's a shame.  Renders beautifully, Sonja.  You should.  And thank you!  I like all three, but I think I'm partial to these-the second brow option, mysef.

Thank you deathbycanon!  I do appreciate that a great deal.  We've created a great deal, so there's plenty of characters that are waiting for their skin suits. ;) 

• Wait, wait, now wait a minute! I did'n't swear YOU to secrecy! o.O  

One of my most enjoyable characters that I threw together just for fun should hit the list soon.  I'm really looking forward to that one.  Cooking ideas for a new family of characters so ready that mouse.  They're going to have Dar pulling all nighters- and not the kind where we both mute our phones devil

@Oliverstwist  Must be a tough character to visualize if DM is swearing already.  ;)  I know how hard it is to try and create one of my characters in 3D and I can see and hear them in my head.  I can't even imagine trying to create someone else's character.  I'm sure he's up for the challenge, though.  

Oh, and it might help him out if you distract him every so often and mute those phones.  I'm sure he'll need a break every few days.  ;)  Geez, you two are so 'cute' together.  It's so nice 'seeing' the two of you having such a great time with each other.  I'm a romance writer so I tend to enjoy watching how couples interact with each other.

Wow you guys have been busy while I was busy having surgery :O 

Ohh secrets, I'm intrigued and can't wait to find out why Darwin is starting to swear already *snickers* 

You guys just remember to turn of your phones and have fun too so you don't burn out. That's really important. 

O.o  You didn't??  >.>  Whelp.  Ok, then...lol   Yeah, I know he's gonna be fun, and make me swear...a lot.  ;)

...Wait, an entire family??  Dude..wait-what you were showing me last night? Do you KNOW how many characters we've conjured up for this list already???  *Cackle*  Eh, I'll sleep when I'm dead.  XD

Oh, I'll take nights off, no worries.  I'll have to throw myself into bed at a half-decent time as well or set my alarm on the phone for "SLEEP" ...something.  We're always busy, Ferret, and I hope that surgery went quick and easy for you.

as for turning our phones on mute-that'll still go on a regular. ;) 

Oh hope your surgery went well FerretMania!  Hope it wasn't anythign too serious.

A whole family huh?  Pretty sure I can hear the swearing from here.....

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Yay! Families would be good! Yay for muted phones too...wink

Evidently-yup!  He's still working out details in his head, but I can imagine he's going to challenge me. ;)  Re-doing a promo tonight, but will eventually get to work on other things once this is done.  Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe I'll post WIP's...............Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe I'll wait until the product is ready to test.  

*grin* Not sure yet. XD

This discussion has been closed.