Post edited by Taoz on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited December 2016

Viking Village:

Click for larger image.

VikingVillage.jpg
    1200 x 630 - 210K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • Just a few images out of my collection. Hope you like it.

• MN-150374 said:

Just a few images out of my collection. Hope you like it.

Beautiful furry animals! Did you use LAMH or Garibaldi?

• MN-150374 said:

Just a few images out of my collection. Hope you like it.

Beautiful furry animals! Did you use LAMH or Garibaldi?

Thank you very much! I have only the LAMH-Free Player installed. Both figures with fur presets are from the DAZ Shop and created by Allesandro_AM.

• There are some really great images here.  It always amazes me the things people can manage to get out of 3Delight. @Algovincian  That really blows me away.  Amazing, both of them.

I usually stick with Iray because I understand it better and usually get better results, but I'm starting to play with 3Delight more and more and getting better at it.  I do have a few favorite images that I've managed to make in 3DL, though.  The Forest Elf is the first really good image I ever got with 3DL.

Forest Elf Woodland Scene

Ice Cream Accident

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

I haven't upgraded from 4.6 yet (old computer, lovingly dubbed either the Coffee Grinder or the Scrap Heap, depending on its mood and cooperation), so all my renders are in 3Delight. It serves me well, bot for dark interior scenes and bright sunny days outside :)

Retierment Plan

That Smell

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

There are some really great images here.  It always amazes me the things people can manage to get out of 3Delight. @Algovincian  That really blows me away.  Amazing, both of them.

I usually stick with Iray because I understand it better and usually get better results, but I'm starting to play with 3Delight more and more and getting better at it.  I do have a few favorite images that I've managed to make in 3DL, though.  The Forest Elf is the first really good image I ever got with 3DL.

Ice Cream Accident

Thanks, knittingmommy. NPR Noodles . . . doesn't get any better than that - woot!

- Greg

• edited December 2016
    Wow, you all have amazing renders! I hope to comment on some of them later this week when things settle down at home.

A couple more images I am posting. The top image is similar to the bottom image and layered over a background I also did with 3Delight.

The bottom image (Took 18 minutes to render), this is the jpg of the png. My plan was to import the png into CrazyTalk version 4 or 6 by Reallusion. There I would animate the face and import a wave file of the actress' voice over. Then I would export the image sequence and import the sequence in the movie editor. I would layer the image over the background and export the rendered movie clip.

phone-call_full.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 265K
    PSX_20161204_230711.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 335K
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2016

I use both render engines, but have been mucking about in Iray a bit more lately.  Ami didn't like Iray at all so I did her in 3Delight lol.

Ami 2.png
    1569 x 2040 - 5M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...ahh some really fun work here.

Working on a *gasp* new 3DL scene that I will post when finished.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

An older quickie (2012), done on my old MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo, 8 Gig of RAM), approximately 15 minutes of rendering.

-- Walt Sterdan

Svana-09.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 442K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

So it hit me, chatting with KK elsewhere on the forum, that photorealistic 3DL _can't_ be faster than Iray in CPU mode. Duh. So, nuts to that, I went back to AoA Ambient. Not photorealistic. But pretty darn nice, I think.

Room Above.png
    1748 x 1080 - 3M
  • So it hit me, chatting with KK elsewhere on the forum, that photorealistic 3DL _can't_ be faster than Iray in CPU mode. Duh. So, nuts to that, I went back to AoA Ambient. Not photorealistic. But pretty darn nice, I think.

That marble on the clock and the sky outside are fantastic looking at this on my android.
  • Very nice images MN-150374. I especially love the animals.  :)  Will, that looks great.

Okay, here was a quick one I did for my one of my Gimp tutorials.  After the tutorial, I played around in Gimp for a little bit of postwork. Rendered in 3DL.

• kyoto kid said:

...one I did about a year ago but one which I think is among my best.

Only thing missing from this scene is Peter Fonda. Your character is so free and easy.
  • mmalbert said:

A few more recent efforts. Not really into photo realism and do a lot of postwork, so 3DL works well for my needs.

These are wonderful! I wouldn't even render some of scenes but just take a screen shot of them (Print Screen on PC and paste into Photoshop or Command + Shift + F3 on Mac and open that image on the desktop) where I would post process it.
    ext-out-post-station---evening_full.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 846K
  • wsterdan said:

An older quickie (2012), done on my old MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo, 8 Gig of RAM), approximately 15 minutes of rendering.

-- Walt Sterdan

I like the depth on this. My core 2 duo laptop died this year. Can't bury it cause it cremated itself.
  • Here is one I submitted and was published in DS Creative

The skin and leather are well done here. Nice depth too.
  • Taozen said:

Couple of toons:

The kid in me is looking forward to more of those for a story.
  • There are some really great images here.  It always amazes me the things people can manage to get out of 3Delight. @Algovincian  That really blows me away.  Amazing, both of them.

Ice Cream Accident

ROFL those two kids and the ice cream!
  • mori_mann said:

I haven't upgraded from 4.6 yet (old computer, lovingly dubbed either the Coffee Grinder or the Scrap Heap, depending on its mood and cooperation), so all my renders are in 3Delight. It serves me well, bot for dark interior scenes and bright sunny days outside :)

Retierment Plan

That Smell

The clothe of her dress is well done in That Smell. Do you remember which one it is? Coffee Grinder LOL.
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    mori_mann said:

Retirement Plan

That Smell

The clothe of her dress is well done in That Smell. Do you remember which one it is? Coffee Grinder LOL.

I do, it's http://www.daz3d.com/battle-kimono-for-genesis-2-females :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888
    That marble on the clock and the sky outside are fantastic looking at this on my android.

Amusingly enough, the sky (and city skyline) is from http://www.daz3d.com/iray-skydome-super-pak (or maybe the second version).

While it's intended for Iray, I find converting it to 3DL makes for REALLY high quality skydomes.

edited December 2016

So it hit me, chatting with KK elsewhere on the forum, that photorealistic 3DL _can't_ be faster than Iray in CPU mode. Duh. So, nuts to that, I went back to AoA Ambient. Not photorealistic. But pretty darn nice, I think.

..indeed. Unfortunately been busy with other things in life but will try toget the new scene I'm working on finished.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 2016
    kyoto kid said:

Only thing missing from this scene is Peter Fonda. Your character is so free and easy.

...well she is something of a "celebrity" in her own right (hint, look at my icon).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • I just resort to putting photographs of the sky in my renders. Mostly use a sky dome of First Bastion which works well enough for me and change the image as I see fit.
    myrainyday.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 459K
  • Am I wrong that in 3Delight then, that photorealism is based on a good texture for skin, leather, clothe, stone, metal, etc.?
  • This was done with 3Delight and Dreamlight rain and fog. I freaked out that it took four hours to render. It was my first render that took so long and all my previous renders were quick.
    are-you-kidding-me_full.jpg
    1484 x 834 - 900K
  • kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...well she is something of a "celebrity" in her own right (hint, look at my icon).

She looks like a girl I used to date. She was a bit of a live wire.
This discussion has been closed.