Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Miss, you've gotta ask yourself who you'll give the kittens to. You'll probably be fine for now, but you'll have a lot of work when they get really active. Have you contacted somebody who knows some good homes to place the kittens?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    I'll let you know that this username is based on rogue/wizard I once played! A sneaky one! So there! I shall sneak attack you with my New, Improved Shampoo! (She was pretty much the epitome of CMOT Dibbler from Discworld, so the shampoo turned into a superglue... which she found out in a mishap that ended up glueing a chicken to her head, and her running around the city with the furious chicken flapping its wings and pecking her forehead.)

I am Jaderail Enos Sunder. The Exiled high son (House Commander) of Lady Dre'Anna Shivle Sunder. The Mistress of House Sundarian.
    I was exiled as punishment for the failure of my House war against House Farentoth, a small House war that the Queen Lolth had placed much pride into. I not only swear to return to the Underdark and destroy my Family but to end Lolth's rule of the Drow. Those that count me as enemy should fear in the night and hide in the day.

Part of my Characters record sheet. AD&D, played him for so long he and I are almost one. :bug:
    My Avatar.
    !Avatar_04.jpg
    100 x 100 - 9K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Miss, you've gotta ask yourself who you'll give the kittens to. You'll probably be fine for now, but you'll have a lot of work when they get really active. Have you contacted somebody who knows some good homes to place the kittens?

I am trying to figure that out. I do not know much about the kittens other than two are gray, one is cream colored and the last one is a tortoise shell.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

...now that's good research.

...recipe bookmarked.

edited December 1969

I am trying to figure that out. I do not know much about the kittens other than two are gray, one is cream colored and the last one is a tortoise shell.
    You have a few weeks before they are weened. They will not be SUPER active untill they want Mother's milk and Food in the same day. Then they get into everything. As long as it's Mother they want, they will be pretty much right with her all day. Some wandering and playing but not into real trouble. That starts when they get a taste of freedom from mom.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited June 2012

Jaderail said:
    Skiriki said:
    I'll let you know that this username is based on rogue/wizard I once played! A sneaky one! So there! I shall sneak attack you with my New, Improved Shampoo! (She was pretty much the epitome of CMOT Dibbler from Discworld, so the shampoo turned into a superglue... which she found out in a mishap that ended up glueing a chicken to her head, and her running around the city with the furious chicken flapping its wings and pecking her forehead.)

I am Jaderail Enos Sunder. The Exiled high son (House Commander) of Lady Dre'Anna Shivle Sunder. The Mistress of House Sundarian.
    I was exiled as punishment for the failure of my House war against House Farentoth, a small House war that the Queen Lolth had placed much pride into. I not only swear to return to the Underdark and destroy my Family but to end Lolth's rule of the Drow. Those that count me as enemy should fear in the night and hide in the day.

Part of my Characters record sheet. AD&D, played him for so long he and I are almost one. :bug:
    My Avatar.
    ...Kyoto Kid (AKA Kelly Rourke) is my most successful and longest running character from years (decades?) of involvement with Shadowrun. She began her career in 1st edtion and survived though three conversions all the way to 4th...

...as well as a conversion for a D&D 3.5 campaign in which I played her to test a new hybrid class.

That one was immensely fun as she was displaced in time to a much "simpler" world. Of course no high tech stuff worked but anything that was purely mechanical did (such as her skateboard, rollerblades, zippo lighter, and two cans of Krylon spray paint). Now to set the stage, in her Shadowrun career, she had actually made it though both of the Harlequin mission arcs, so she knew who the mischievous and eccentric elven mage was. When she was"introduced" into the campaign, the party was walking though town one evening when they heard a young woman yell "HARLEQUIN!!! Not Agaiiiiin!!!!!! When I find you I'm going to boot your sorry hoop all the way to the Puyallup Barrens you long eared galoot!!!!""

Rushing to the source of the disturbance. they came across a most unusual scene. There was the 4'10" Kelly in the middle of the street defiantly shaking her fist at the sky. She was dressed in very odd (and for the time and location, slightly risque) clothing and wearing face paint with strange looking swords, a bag made of unusual material with strange symbols on it (her sports duffel) and a plank of wood that had tiny wheels,

One of the members finally got her to calm down and after talking with her for a while back at the inn, they accepted the fact she was from some strange land far across the sea who was teleported here by the mage she referred to by name. After all that kind of thing was not all that unusual in a world with magic .

I basically played her throughout the campaign as if she thought she was once again, an unwilling participant in one of Harlequin's odd little astral games. The party eventually took her "eccentric ramblings" in stride as she proved herself to be a very formidable and resourceful combatant and thus an excellent asset to the group.

In effect it was a fun twist on the old Connecticut Yankee setting.

kk_icon_new.jpg
    100 x 100 - 7K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2012

That was one of the reasons I liked Jade so much. A Drow in the upper world has draw backs and challenges that make the role playing fun. I ran him in AD&D 1 2 and 3 for the longest. He was Killed off by a mad Troop when He sold one of them into slavery. It was pretty much the last game we ever played in that campain. It was a DM plot twist that went very haywire, I didn't hold it against them. I might have done the same thing at the time. I still love him the most of all five of my characters.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Now I feel stupid. I went to bed early, so I could get plenty of sleep before doing a grocery run today... and now I'm awake at 4:30 am. Bah! Bah! Stooooopid.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Now I feel stupid. I went to bed early, so I could get plenty of sleep before doing a grocery run today... and now I'm awake at 4:30 am. Bah! Bah! Stooooopid.

Go do the shopping now. That's the best time. I do mine at the butt crack of dawn or around midnight.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Go do the shopping now. That's the best time. I do mine at the butt crack of dawn or around midnight.

No can do.

Specifically, I have to wait until midday when my friend gets a chance to borrow her parents' car (me an' my SO don't have one, his brother took his to a trip to Lapland) and besides, stores won't open until 9 am...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Frank0314 said:

No can do.

Specifically, I have to wait until midday when my friend gets a chance to borrow her parents' car (me an' my SO don't have one, his brother took his to a trip to Lapland) and besides, stores won't open until 9 am...

So you do not have twenty four hour Walmarts with grocery section and clothes section and pet section . . . . .

edited December 1969

AH, strike that idea. We have a couple 24hr places to do our shopping.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    AH, strike that idea. We have a couple 24hr places to do our shopping.

I have a twenty four hour walmart near where i work. for some reason I have been there at midnight or later just to pick up a few items.

edited December 1969

I want a cupcake, but that requires going into the kitchen, which requires getting up from the desk. I could send Micah but he cannot get it. If he could he would raid the fridge for foods he like and I still would not get the cupcake.

edited June 2012

So you do not have twenty four hour Walmarts with grocery section and clothes section and pet section . . . . .

Nope. Most stores close at 9 pm -- that is, grocery stores and malls. Smaller specialty stores often close their doors around 5 to 8 pm. There's couple of scattered stores that are open longer than that, but in general we do our stuff during daylight hours. I do have two smallish markets some 200 yards away where I live, but we want to hit the big bulk-and-discount malls some distance away, and bring in a heavy haul of mineral water and other stuff that is best done with a car.

Plus, if we hit one of the independent malls (as opposed to two big chains we got), I would love to go and see what their fresh meat counter has in it; they offer meat grown by local farmers, and are the second best in variety of selection. I have a horrible hankering for beef, and I can't generally afford it unless it is on sale (we eat lots of chicken and pork instead when it comes to meat).

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Plus, if we hit one of the independent malls (as opposed to two big chains we got), I would love to go and see what their fresh meat counter has in it; they offer meat grown by local farmers, and are the second best in variety of selection. I have a horrible hankering for beef, and I can't generally afford it unless it is on sale (we eat lots of chicken and pork instead when it comes to meat).

That's the best meat. We have a farm about 20 minutes from us that has there own meat store. Best meat you could ever get. Nice and fresh and tender.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    That's the best meat. We have a farm about 20 minutes from us that has there own meat store. Best meat you could ever get. Nice and fresh and tender.

Indeed! Plus, it is often reasonably priced, and the source of meat is known. Darn it, my beef hankering just gets worse. :( This may be linked to the fact that I kind of failed to eat properly yesterday, because heat sapped my appetite, AND that one of my most appetizing dishes is beef in red Thai curry...

edited December 1969

I prefer going there cause the meat is a few cents less a pound and its fresh home grown. You never know where the beef comes from in the grocery stores or how old it is. I could have been in the freezer for 6 months before they cut it up and packaged. We just don't know.

edited December 1969

I think I need to get kitten food eventually. I have been feeding Melody some can food. When will the four cuties start eating kitten food?

edited June 2012

When we rescued ours they were 3 weeks old. We started giving them kitten canned food from the local pet store at about 4 week. We were still giving them the bottle too. They are about 8 weeks old now are are eating regular cat/kitten food. If you go to your local pet store they should be able to get you the right stuff. I'd let them nurse as long as the mother will allow. Its the best for them

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Frank, kitten pics now. ;)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Frank, kitten pics now. ;)

Here you go.

Kit1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 90K
    Kit2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 92K
    Kit3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 117K
    edited December 1969

One more.

Kit4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 107K
    edited December 1969

SQUEE! They're incredibly cute! :) OMG! So cute!

edited December 1969

They are adorable.

edited December 1969

Aren't they just squeezable? We found a good home for one of the females. We still have the other female and the male. We are keeping the other female and are trying to find a home for the male. No luck so far so it looks like we may be keeping him to.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Aren't they just squeezable? We found a good home for one of the females. We still have the other female and the male. We are keeping the other female and are trying to find a home for the male. No luck so far so it looks like we may be keeping him to.

I was wondering if you were going to keep all of them or rehome them after they get a certain age?

I am thinking of keeping one of my kittens but rehoming the rest. Of course fixing them before any more litters happen and before they go to their new hopefully forever homes.

edited December 1969

We are definitely keeping one of them, but its looking like we're gonna have to keep the male to. If we can find him a good home then we'll let him go but one is definitely staying with us.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Every human needs a kitten.

One we had looked very much like the first pic Frank posted.

He had character, a great personality. I have fond memories of him (that was 25 years ago). I can't have animals where I live now. :down:

edited December 1969

I would like to keep one of my kittens but try to find homes for the rest. Maybe

This discussion has been closed.