Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

What in the world is a wacom?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have one I don't use any more. It is a little dog chewed, but should maybe still work.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    They need to be attached with string. I have a hard time keeping track of mine.

Good idea when I find mine.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

It is a tablet (no not a tablet computer) but a drawing tablet.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Head -- full of stupid. But at least the two illustrations my SO needed are now done.

edited December 1969

I have a cat in my window playing with the blinds. I need to replace my blinds in that window as the cats messed up the current one. They did that after they found a way to remove the curtains.

edited December 1969

Here is a stupid question, where do kittens come from? Melody nor Micah would tell me how Melody got pregnant with kittens. Actually they won't tell me much. Micah told me earlier today he was thirsty, but I had to figure out why he was meowing and where he was. I went to him and saw he was near his water bowl and it was empty. Of course Melody took the chance to drink water before Micah could have a chance. He later got some water after Melody got her share.

edited December 1969

Uhhh, I do believe that the kittens came from the old-fashioned cat-to-cat hankypanky. When you weren't around. Since Micah was always there, Melody was unlikely to show the symptoms of being in heat. (Trust me, when a female cat wants to get laid, you WILL hear it. Oh gods yes.)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Uhhh, I do believe that the kittens came from the old-fashioned cat-to-cat hankypanky. When you weren't around. Since Micah was always there, Melody was unlikely to show the symptoms of being in heat. (Trust me, when a female cat wants to get laid, you WILL hear it. Oh gods yes.)

And so will all the neighbourhood, especially if the cat is one of the Oriental breeds. Oh my.
    edited December 1969

Loud and clear, oh my indeed. There's a reason for saying "yowling like a cat in heat". However, since a capable sire was at hand, Melody did not need to start serenading, OR, push her cat butt to your face. (Speaking from experience: I was comfortably on a sofa at my ex-employer's place and watching TV, and suddenly my fiend of vision was full of white fluffy cat butt and visibly unappetizing holes.)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I actually guessed that might be the case. The only evidence that they did the hanky panky is the kittens. I figured that Micah did it with Melody as he is the only male cat Melody has access to.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

I used to use a digitizing tablet when working with Autocad for civil engineering/land surveying, but that was 20 yrs ago. What would you need a digitizing tablet for these days if that is what a wacom is?

edited December 1969

So I need to get Melody spayed as soon as she is done nursing or she will start yowling? Or would Micah try to help her even though he is neutered? Does he know he is neutered? He was under anesthesia when he got neutered

edited December 1969

I actually figured out the answer of where kittens come from. I said it was a stupid question, but forgot to say that I could figure it out.

edited December 1969

Yes, get Melody spayed once she's through weaning phase.

Why? Go to YouTube and search for "cat in heat" and click through couple of videos. Then imagine that non-stop. For days. Days and days and days and days, at night, noon, day, morning, evening... Micah may, ahem, assist (my ex-boss' neutered male cat still retained the urges as he didn't get snipped until as an adult and since she kept the cats for breeding, they regularly went into heat), but it does very little for the burning need in Melody. Only spaying will fix that.

Cats are also not that picky about their partners: grandparents, parents, siblings... anything. Human noses. Your spoon. (Again, there's a reason why "alleycat" is used to disparage women who enjoy many liaisons with men; cats have an urge to mate with as many toms as possible for the widest genepool possible, as often as possible, and members of a litter may be related to different toms.)

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I used to use a digitizing tablet when working with Autocad for civil engineering/land surveying, but that was 20 yrs ago. What would you need a digitizing tablet for these days if that is what a wacom is?

It is more like freehand drawing tool, a digital paintbrush. Some people find mouse too painful to use when doing art, hence the drawing tablet.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yes, get Melody spayed once she's through weaning phase.

Why? Go to YouTube and search for "cat in heat" and click through couple of videos. Then imagine that non-stop. For days. Days and days and days and days, at night, noon, day, morning, evening... Micah may, ahem, assist (my ex-boss' neutered male cat still retained the urges as he didn't get snipped until as an adult and since she kept the cats for breeding, they regularly went into heat), but it does very little for the burning need in Melody. Only spaying will fix that.

Cats are also not that picky about their partners: grandparents, parents, siblings... anything. Human noses. Your spoon. (Again, there's a reason why "alleycat" is used to disparage women who enjoy many liaisons with men; cats have an urge to mate with as many toms as possible for the widest genepool possible, as often as possible, and members of a litter may be related to different toms.)

Okay Melody needs to be spayed as soon as possible. Okay better get the ball rolling so I can get her appointment after i submit some papers to a certain vet clinic which would help with the cost of spaying her.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

You use Wacom tablet (other makes are avaiable) instead of a mouse, when doing digital drawing. You have more control over a pen tol than you do a mouse, once you get into the swing of using one, as we are trained to use pen's or pencils from a very arly age.

http://www.wacom.com/en/Products.aspx

edited December 1969

There is a mouse that comes with a wacom so it can be used like a regular mouse. The pen function is cool. Just do not loose the pen.

I also cannot seem to find my camera.

Why does Melody sometimes lay down on her kittens. I just saw her lay down on the cream kitten. the poor thing was crying. She did move so the little kitten is okay now.

edited December 1969

Maybe one of the cats knocked over the camera and the pen from the desk.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

You use Wacom tablet (other makes are avaiable) instead of a mouse, when doing digital drawing. You have more control over a pen tol than you do a mouse, once you get into the swing of using one, as we are trained to use pen's or pencils from a very arly age.

...I wish someone offered a tablet you could use with your fingertips.

One of the main reasons I got into 3D CG was because of advancing arthritis which has made it difficult to hold a pencil, pen or brush steady for very long.

edited December 1969

Blerrrrrr. I sure do.

funny-pictures-i-feel-a-monday-approaching.jpg
    492 x 496 - 28K
    edited June 2012

Kyoto Kid said:

One of the main reasons I got into 3D CG was because of advancing arthritis which has made it difficult to hold a pencil, pen or brush steady for very long.

Considering current advances in tablet computers, I do not see a reason why the heck one couldn't make an interpreter for an Android tablet that is hooked via USB to the computer... I'm too tired to check if it exists already. :)

I mean, I have an app that is able to scan bar codes for my desktop that way, so...

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    chohole said:
    Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

Which is why I could offer Miss wolf a 2nd hand wacom pen, only slightly dog chewed, because I can no longer use pen or pencil for any lenght of time, but a good ergnomic style mouse is great.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

Our cats keep playing with mine. I have to hide it and then try to remember where i put it.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Our cats keep playing with mine. I have to hide it and then try to remember where i put it.

Like my mom, then. ;) She keeps putting things to a "safe place", and then forgets. ;)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Frank0314 said:

Like my mom, then. ;) She keeps putting things to a "safe place", and then forgets. ;)
    I do that, I'm still looking for the original title to my truck. I put it away for safe keeping and I've never seen it again.

edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Considering current advances in tablet computers, I do not see a reason why the heck one couldn't make an interpreter for an Android tablet that is hooked via USB to the computer... I'm too tired to check if it exists already. :)

I mean, I have an app that is able to scan bar codes for my desktop that way, so...
    ...I'd need something larger than that, preferably 9 x 12, as an Android doesn't offer much more working surface than the touch pad on my notebook. I know the iPad has a finger drawing utility on it which is fairly adjustable so the technology/software is there. Just not about to drop 500 - 600$ on one though, especially since it is unable to support the apps we use.

Have been using a trackball which is easier on the wrist and arm than a mouse, but it doesn't allow for the pressure sensitivity that a tablet offers which apps like PSP and Painter can take advantage of.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I got Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, which has plenty of room for finger-painting (I actually do have a finger-painting program on it), by courtesy of that 10 inch display area. :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Blerrrrrr. I sure do.

...don't remind me. Weekends go by too fast the way it is.

(wish pics would carry over into replies sometimes as the whole train of thought teems kinda lost in this case).

This discussion has been closed.