Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

I do not like it when storms take the power away.

I told Melody she is acting like a cat and she said meow.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

We don't have many problems with power outages. The longest is normally a minute or so. We haven't had any longer than that since I was a youngster.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am soo Bored. I have thousands in software and content, I have some skill in 3D, I have things I need to do, but I have not ONE, no not ONE idea. I can boot DS load a V4, M4 or Genesis and BOOM! I'm stuck. I just look at it a few and then click, I shut down DS. I've been like this for weeks now. Not even my Boris J. books are helping. I just watched Clash of the Titans, not one thing jumped out at me.

I find this slump to be a PITA and very STUPID! ARGH!!

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm in the process of creating a western style caravan trail through the desert. Done the rendering, but I wonder if I should put more stuff there. IE, a cacti would be wonderful, but I don't have a cacti, which is kind of stupid.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

ShareCG has free cacti, IIRC.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I find this slump to be a PITA and very STUPID! ARGH!!

Well if you are in a mood for superheroes still, how about "a situation where the power is a disadvantage or nuisance". Such as Iceman crashing into orchid shop, with an irate shopkeeper chasing him out with a broom for exposing the orchids to arctic temperatures, villains and fighting be damned, it is the flowers that matter.

edited July 2012

Skiriki said:
    ShareCG has free cacti, IIRC.

I just checked (search: cactus, cacti), and there was no single cactus-prop. :down:

But I found one at Adam Thwaites site!!

Edit. Just got it, so the desert environment isn't as empty...
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

I have lots of cacti, some were Poser7 content
    actually not hard to model a cacti from flattened and elongated spheres and use displacement for spiky thorns, think tiled picture with grey background with little white dots for a map!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

THere are some Cactii included in zip 5 of this project http://jalberts.net/francemi/3dSC/nap.htm

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    THere are some Cactii included in zip 5 of this project http://jalberts.net/francemi/3dSC/nap.htm

Thanks!!

:-)
    edited December 1969

I am too imperfect to live in Utopia.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Kinky's Rescue Ranch is in Utopia.

edited July 2012

I played sims and my sims had a baby. the parents would not take care of the baby. I told them over and over to hold the baby so that they can get the idea and feed the baby and change her diaper. They rather play with the puppy or something instead of taking care of the baby. the lady sim wanted a horse, so I got her a foal. She keeps forgetting to feed the foal. they seem so stupid.

Another stupid thing is that the foal is allowed in the house and sometimes pees on the carpet.

The kitten is not too realistic in the sims. I adopted the puppy so I assumed it was already weaned. The kitten was born already weaned and with its eyes open.

another thing i think is stupid with the pets is that the cats and the puppy eat the same food. In real life cats cannot eat dog food and puppies cannot eat cat food as it is not good for them.

at least the foal is being bottled fed. I wish the kitten was more newborn kitten like. stays with mum and drinks mum's good milk.

edit: I put line breaks into this post. I posted and they do not appear. I edited and i see the line breaks. WTF is going on?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I saw on TV that miniature horses can be house-broken, just like dogs. Well, not like our 4 dogs because even though they've been trained, they still go in the house.

edited December 1969

I am pretty sure that sims does not have a miniature horse. I wish my lady sim would take better care of her foal as she is the one who wanted her.

edited December 1969

Here is a stupid story. I went to the grocery store Friday night and saw there was a sale on bottle of Pepsi brand sodas and the sale was buy four for four dollars. I had to get four for the deal. Not three or five, but four. I went home and brought the groceries inside. later I checked the bags and saw only three bottle of Pepsi brand soda. It was late so I thought I would check Saturday. I slept in Saturday and for some reason did not go outside and forgot about the missing bottle of soda. Today I was heading to the car to go to work and i saw a bottle of soda laying in the grass next to my car. it must have fell out of the bag as i was unloading groceries.

Another stupid story. i have this set of summer pj's. it is a tank top and small shorts. i think i wore my small shorts under my work pants to work today. When I got home I just put the tank top on as i could not find the shorts right away. I later noticed the reason i could not find the shorts was because i was already wearing them.

edited December 1969

at least you do not have to change into your uniform at work.
    I cannot wear tatty underwear as it would be embarrassing in the locker room.

edited December 1969

at least you do not have to change into your uniform at work.
    I cannot wear tatty underwear as it would be embarrassing in the locker room.

not sure what tatty underwear is. These are just shorts but small.

I had a dream when I last slept that I was looking for Edward. the name kept being repeated over and over in my dream. i hope i do not dream about looking for Edward when I go to sleep soon.

Opps I was writing about seeing a gray cat on my table and then looked again at the table and there is no cat on the table. He probably had to use the litter box.

edited December 1969

tattered
    worn and full of holes

edited December 1969

tattered
    worn and full of holes

Okay.

I need to get some sleep.

I thought I saw Micah trying to chew on my ear buds. He did chew on my watch once so one end of the bands has little fang marks in it.

It is two am and I need some sleep.

edited July 2012

Another joke that came in an email from my brother and just begged to be shared.

One December day we found an old straggly cat at our door.. She was a sorry sight.

Starving, dirty, smelled terrible, skinny, and hair all matted down. We felt sorry for her so we put her in a carrier and took her to the vet.
    We didn't know what to call her so we named her 'Pussycat.'

The vet decided to keep her for a day or so. He said he would let us know when we could come and get her.
    My husband (the complainer) said, 'OK, but don't forget to wash her, she stinks.' He reminded the vet that it was his WIFE (me) that wanted the dirty cat, not him.

My husband and my Vet don't see eye to eye. The vet calls my husband 'El-Cheap-O', and my husband calls the vet 'El-Charge-O'.
    They love to hate each other and constantly 'snipe' at one another, with my husband getting in the last word on this particular occasion. The next day my husband had an appointment with his doctor, who is located in the same building, next door to the vet..

The GP's waiting room and office was full of people waiting to see the doctor. A side door opened and the vet leaned in - he had obviously seen my husband arrive.

He looked straight at my husband and in a loud voice said, 'Your wife's' pussy doesn't stink any more. We washed and shaved it, and now she smells like a rose. Oh, and, by the way, I think she's pregnant. God only knows who the father is!' Then he closed the door.

Now THAT, my friends, is getting even!

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

*chortle* :lol:

edited December 1969

Why would anyone want to keep a miniature horse in their home for it to need to be house broken.

edited December 1969

I kid you not, but miniature horses are kept as seeing-eye horses.

1) They live longer than dogs -- 30 years, easily.
    2) They are not prone to same problems as dogs, as they haven't been bred to depend on pack structure and praise. Yet, they easily bond with the owner.
    3) They are roughly as smart as dogs and have wider field of vision; they're herbivores, which means their idea of danger is different from carnivore's, one better suited for modern world.
    4) Unlike dogs, they don't get bored if all they have to do is stand still for hours.
    5) Some religions regard dogs as impure, but find horses acceptable.

edited July 2012

Wow, I did not know that. A seeing eye horse. Who woulda thought it

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Wow, I did not know that. A seeing eye horse. Who woulda thought it

I was pretty astonished when I heard about it for the first time, but then went "wait, that totally makes sense, how clever!". Here's more about it.

edited December 1969

WHo would have thought it. You can learn something from a stupid thread. That is fascinating.

edited December 1969

I am full of stupid-useful factoids! :)

edited December 1969

It still makes me laugh every time i think about it.

edited December 1969

gives a whole new meaning to my little pony!
    lol! and blind bronies!

This discussion has been closed.