Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

They are ridiculously cute, though.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Frank0314 said:
    It still makes me laugh every time i think about it.

Me too. Isn't a job that would have suited the Welsh pony cross gelding I owned briefly. Obediant and biddable were words that didn't exist in his horsey little mind. Most of the time Max did exactly what Max felt like doing, and no more. If he didn't feel like going out for a nice long hack, then he wasn't going, and that was it, even with one in front pulling and one behind pushing, he would put the anchors on and say "NO" don't want to go out there. Take him back in the training ring and he would be a perfectly behaved horse. Even if taken into a large paddock he could be stubborn, although when he had a lunge whip cracked behind him we did once do a lovely bucking bronco act.

Is there such a thing as an agoraphobic horse, who only felt safe with fences around him I wonder. Now that would be stupid.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Yes, the minis are being used and classified as service animals. Don't be surprised if you see one in the grocery store or the movie theater. Hmmmm, maybe even Taco Bell. Naw, that would be too dangerous. I would love to have a mini horse. Or a miniature cow. But most especially I want a pygmy goat and none of my family will let me have one.

edited December 1969

just found this one

confusion-sometimes-to-stop-the-idiots-you-have-to-confuse-the-smart-ones.jpg
    600 x 480 - 77K
    edited December 1969

I'm eating Girl Scout cookies a friend of mine sent from the 'States for breakfast. That's kinda stupid, right?

edited December 1969

and are they made out of reall girl scouts ?

edited December 1969

Gods I hope not, because the last thing I need is the police knockin' on my door.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ShareCG has free cacti, IIRC.

I just checked (search: cactus, cacti), and there was no single cactus-prop. :down:

But I found one at Adam Thwaites site!!

Edit. Just got it, so the desert environment isn't as empty...

I found Adam's Cactus to be quite good, so I put it into the scene, here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/7590305242/in/photostream
    7590305242_f8e71d805a_c.jpg
    800 x 640 - 339K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

I stumbled across an Xfrog prickly pear in my downloads drive!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow, good stuff folks. The sign get's me Chohole. I'm trying to figure out just how you leave once you get there?
    @ Norse Graphics: I find nothing Stupid about your render. I guess it fit's because it's Stupid Good.
    As for you other assorted nuts, I just want you all to know I'm off cookies for awhile now.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

the only stupid thing i notice with the render is that the wagon is not covered. All their stuff will get wet when it rains and they will have no shelter from the rain or sun.

edited December 1969

Maybe it's a convertable. She presses a button or pulls a lever and the cover comes up.

edited December 1969

the only stupid thing i notice with the render is that the wagon is not covered. All their stuff will get wet when it rains and they will have no shelter from the rain or sun.
    You so right... but under the wagon for the sun. Rain? By the time they see rain I bet they DANCE around in it.
    edited December 1969

I keep dreaming about cats. not my cats but having a bunch of cats i have never seen before.

edited December 1969

Stupid: for some reason I got in my mind cooking hot dogs is very difficult. Not sure why I think that.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Stupid: for some reason I got in my mind cooking hot dogs is very difficult. Not sure why I think that.

Wrap in aluminum foil, place securely on engine block, drive at highway speed for at least an hour.

edited December 1969

I keep dreaming about cats. not my cats but having a bunch of cats i have never seen before.

Pleasant dreams! The opposite of night-mares.
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I kid you not, but miniature horses are kept as seeing-eye horses.

1) They live longer than dogs -- 30 years, easily.
    2) They are not prone to same problems as dogs, as they haven't been bred to depend on pack structure and praise. Yet, they easily bond with the owner.
    3) They are roughly as smart as dogs and have wider field of vision; they're herbivores, which means their idea of danger is different from carnivore's, one better suited for modern world.
    4) Unlike dogs, they don't get bored if all they have to do is stand still for hours.
    5) Some religions regard dogs as impure, but find horses acceptable.

6) They keep the grass mowed and organically fertilized.

edited December 1969

Wrap in aluminum foil, place securely on engine block, drive at highway speed for at least an hour.

If you work days, just leave the foil wrapped hot dog on your dash. My daughter baked a batch of cookies on her dashboard last year.

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CI4Eg4dBPU8

Bounty hunter hilarious response...

edited December 1969

I have a cupboard full of useless electic appliances I have bought over the years including a hot dog heater with bun warming spike.
    various food choppers, slicers & processors, meh! :roll: easier to wash a knife and chopping board!!

edited December 1969

it is like my keyboard with hundreds of sounds and drumbeats!
    I use one
    piano.

edited December 1969

A load of stupid: Man with world's largest [wiener] sparks airport security scare. (Mostly SFW, unless your workplace frowns on actual word for [wiener] and men in tights. Admit it: this is a whole load of stupid.)

edited December 1969

I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets and equipment. Every cupboard and drawer is jammed full and the counter tops disappeared many years ago. I have overflow in the den, the garage, and the attic. I've started shopping at restaurant suppliers because they carry things I don't see in the other stores.

edited December 1969

That's just sensible. And now? My hoarding instinct has proven useful. A friend of mine is coming over here from the 'States for a year of exchange student life, and she needs all kinds of stuff to live here for a year. So I'm unloading things I've gathered so far. Extra mugs. Glasses. Plates. Cooking utensils. Craft supplies. Linen. Towels. Stuff like that.

edited December 1969

HELP!! I thought I would go here first. I need some CAVES, not stuff to put in caves but the CAVE. You know, a hole in the side of a hill. That kind of cave. I've tried the Dragons Lair, and SnaggleTooth Caverns but those are more inside a cave than a cave in a hill kind of things. I think it's STUPID I can not find a simple Cave for 3D.

edited July 2012

Oh! I just recently saw something that fits the bill. Hillside, with a cave hole entrance. Now, I wish I would recall where the hell I saw it -- it was not Rendo nor ShareCG, but some other site instead. Also, free. I can check real quick but I have to start packing in ten minutes, so.

Failing that, if you can wait 'till my return (about 10+ hours + recovery time), I can try to put something together as an object, UV map it, and leave surfacing and texturing to you if I lose wind. Objects are easy -- not a problem, really. I just don't know if I have energy to texture.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

First Bastion's Hidden waterfalls has a cave behing it if you hide the water.

edited December 1969
This discussion has been closed.