The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Meh. Complaint: am extremely grousy and crabby. Meh! :long::snake:

Tonight it's Anime Studio Pro tutorials and a reinstall of DS4.1. Meh. Mehhhhhhhhhhh.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Roar. Still no rain nor thunder. Weather, I am disappoint.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Good Mornin :flower:

gonna start an inventory today. including the top shelf stuff. it'll prolly take a month.

edited December 1969

Non-complaints:

- Staff meeting was short today
    - Hot Japanese roasted green tea and rice crackers
    - Found boxed, unopened copy of Poser Pro 2010 for under $100
    - Going to have BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE for lunch
    - $2 beer night at the honky-tonk and live music

edited December 1969

Non-complaint: DAZ freebie popped out!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Non-complaint: DAZ freebie popped out!

And they say that miracles don't occur any more! %-P

edited December 1969

I'm just trying to figger out what I want to get with it -- if I download a freebie, I usually try to grab some small-cost PC stuff to go, so my render library will have stuff I can use. However, I kind of hanker for monsters, and those aren't so plenty there...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm just trying to figger out what I want to get with it -- if I download a freebie, I usually try to grab some small-cost PC stuff to go, so my render library will have stuff I can use. However, I kind of hanker for monsters, and those aren't so plenty there...

Runtime DNA carries Sixus1s monsters, I love those - very creepy! Renderosity has a few monsters as well.

Really good monsters, fully rigged, are hard to find. :down:

That said, the V4 Creatura series are pretty decent if you like 1/2 critter Vickys! :vampire:

Stuffed with bacon cheeseburger. Sleepy now.

edited December 1969

Yea but I'm shopping at DAZ at the moment, not RDNA ;) And while Sixus1's monsters ARE lovely-creepy-wicked (and I do have some!) most of them are optimized for Poser and there are some clunky bits at DAZ side. (Couple of them toss an error -- although nothing grievous, things do work, and some I had to fix manually with PMD-fixer so they'd work properly.)

That, and I can't spend much, only couple of meager dollars for this thing right now.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yea but I'm shopping at DAZ at the moment, not RDNA ;) And while Sixus1's monsters ARE lovely-creepy-wicked (and I do have some!) most of them are optimized for Poser and there are some clunky bits at DAZ side. (Couple of them toss an error -- although nothing grievous, things do work, and some I had to fix manually with PMD-fixer so they'd work properly.)

That, and I can't spend much, only couple of meager dollars for this thing right now.

Ok, makes sense to me.

I really should learn to make and rig my own monsters.. sigh. Might get good enough to sell them (lol) in about 5 years (lol)!

I now what you mean abut Sixus1s stuff, I do have to muck about a lot to make the work well in DS4, but that's not going to be an issue for me for too much longer. (evil grin emote)

edited December 1969

I really should learn to make and rig my own monsters.. sigh. Might get good enough to sell them (lol) in about 5 years (lol)!

I kinda do know how to make monsters, but right now I'm lacking good tools for that. :/ Mudbox is prohibitively expensive, and I know from past experience that I don't get along with ZBrush. Sculptris I can deal with, but it is limited.

I now what you mean abut Sixus1s stuff, I do have to muck about a lot to make the work well in DS4, but that's not going to be an issue for me for too much longer. (evil grin emote)

I have Poser Debut, but that's mostly a result of hoarding instinct; it was free this spring at CP for a day and of course I yoinked it. I'm keeping it just in case if I need to convert something or so. Again, I know that Poser and I don't get along... :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I kinda do know how to make monsters, but right now I'm lacking good tools for that. :/ Mudbox is prohibitively expensive, and I know from past experience that I don't get along with ZBrush. Sculptris I can deal with, but it is limited.

I have Poser Debut, but that's mostly a result of hoarding instinct; it was free this spring at CP for a day and of course I yoinked it. I'm keeping it just in case if I need to convert something or so. Again, I know that Poser and I don't get along... :)

I had an ancient version of Poser I got long ago, it ended up getting lost during the Great Move V2 (from California to Texas) a few years ago. It was OK for me, not too bad.

As to modeling, I used to use Inspire3D (cut down version of Lightwave) when I actually modeled, then I switched to Silo (which became abandonware). I have Hexagon 2.5, but it and I don't get along (lol), Blender is just too hard to come to terms with for me STILL, and I haven't really tried to use Carrara 8 for anything. Now the C4D demo, I test modeled a few small figures and I LOOVVEE it, but it'll be the end of the year before I can afford it (cry).

Meh, just, meh. Maybe I should sculpt in Sculpey and get a cheap 3D scanner. Yes, I have sculpted off and on in the past (heh) and was told I wasn't too bad. I wonder how much a 3D scanner costs?

edited December 1969

I had an ancient version of Poser I got long ago, it ended up getting lost during the Great Move V2 (from California to Texas) a few years ago. It was OK for me, not too bad.

As to modeling, I used to use Inspire3D (cut down version of Lightwave) when I actually modeled, then I switched to Silo (which became abandonware). I have Hexagon 2.5, but it and I don't get along (lol), Blender is just too hard to come to terms with for me STILL, and I haven't really tried to use Carrara 8 for anything. Now the C4D demo, I test modeled a few small figures and I LOOVVEE it, but it'll be the end of the year before I can afford it (cry).

Meh, just, meh. Maybe I should sculpt in Sculpey and get a cheap 3D scanner. Yes, I have sculpted off and on in the past (heh) and was told I wasn't too bad. I wonder how much a 3D scanner costs?

IIRC you can use a kitbashed 3D scanner, which uses couple of webcams and open source software to accomplish that. I can ask a friend of mine who is involved in 3D printing and knows about that stuff; she can probably give links to the cheapest + most reliable combo.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

IIRC you can use a kitbashed 3D scanner, which uses couple of webcams and open source software to accomplish that. I can ask a friend of mine who is involved in 3D printing and knows about that stuff; she can probably give links to the cheapest + most reliable combo.

That would be great! I've been looking around and so far the cheapest hardware is US$2500.. ouch!

edited December 1969

That would be great! I've been looking around and so far the cheapest hardware is US$2500.. ouch!

I guess you can start with this one? (That tip came from a different friend of mine.) It uses photos for the same effect.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I guess you can start with this one? (That tip came from a different friend of mine.) It uses photos for the same effect.

Cccccccccccooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!! :coolcheese:

It's a great excuse to buy a decent camera too (lol)! THANKS a TON!

edited December 1969

No prob. My other friend is currently looking for some webcam based things, so.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I want to sleep but I cannot. I am not hungry but i want to munch on something. i got something called snapea crisps at walmart but I only got four bags and i ate them all up. I do not want another granola bar. (well if I keep eating granola bars i will be out before I know it.)

I did take a sleepy pill and waiting for that to kick in.

That looks like a ceramic cupcake.

I just ordered a ten dollar pizza. It does taste good.

Talked with my mum. i did not tell her about the kittens. Maybe Melody was not pregnant after all and I am just hallucinating four little kittens in the corner of the living room.

now Micah wants some Pizza. but he changed his mind. He was sniffing the box the pizza came in.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sunny and cold all at once today :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105
    edited December 1969

I am so tired. I want to go to sleep

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

*looks out of the window*

Buggrit, so it is. Almost 1:30 am, and the sun is soon slowly climbing up to the sky. :lol:

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

http://shop.3dtotal.com/books/3dtotalpublishing/digital-art-masters-volume-7.html

Now in its seventh year, the Digital Art Masters series presents
    another scintillating collection of work from 50 world-class digital
    artists.
    Over the last seven years, the Digital Art Masters series has brought
    together over 300 fantastic examples of the world’s best 2D and 3D
    digital art. Digital Art Masters: Volume 7 continues this tradition by
    ushering in a new elite group of talented artists whose images are
    sure to inspire and astound in equal measure. But this book doesn’t
    just showcase beautiful art; it also offers up details of the creation
    process behind each image, penned by the artists themselves,
    presenting a unique opportunity for readers to follow in the footsteps
    of the masters. Covering topics ranging from fantasy and characters to
    scenes and cartoons, Digital Art Masters: Volume 7 has something for
    everyone and is sure to get those creative juices flowing.
    Publisher: 3DTotal Publishing | Hardback: 216mm x 279mm
    Paper quality: 288 Full colour premium paper pages | ISBN:
    978-095681711-2

And I won't feel too bad if I wasn't one of the 200 that preordered it first and don't get the playing card deck, since the pic of the red dragon and pretty yellow one seems to be in there too. That is one very handsome red dragon there (Srry, ever since I was introduced to Warcraft I've been madly in love with dragons with red scales :3 )
    productmain_06.jpg
    600 x 322 - 195K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    http://shop.3dtotal.com/books/3dtotalpublishing/digital-art-masters-volume-7.html
    Now in its seventh year, the Digital Art Masters series presents
    another scintillating collection of work from 50 world-class digital
    artists.
    Over the last seven years, the Digital Art Masters series has brought
    together over 300 fantastic examples of the world’s best 2D and 3D
    digital art. Digital Art Masters: Volume 7 continues this tradition by
    ushering in a new elite group of talented artists whose images are
    sure to inspire and astound in equal measure. But this book doesn’t
    just showcase beautiful art; it also offers up details of the creation
    process behind each image, penned by the artists themselves,
    presenting a unique opportunity for readers to follow in the footsteps
    of the masters. Covering topics ranging from fantasy and characters to
    scenes and cartoons, Digital Art Masters: Volume 7 has something for
    everyone and is sure to get those creative juices flowing.
    Publisher: 3DTotal Publishing | Hardback: 216mm x 279mm
    Paper quality: 288 Full colour premium paper pages | ISBN:
    978-095681711-2

And I won't feel too bad if I wasn't one of the 200 that preordered it first and don't get the playing card deck, since the pic of the red dragon and pretty yellow one seems to be in there too. That is one very handsome red dragon there (Srry, ever since I was introduced to Warcraft I've been madly in love with dragons with red scales :3 )

great colours :)

edited December 1969

I am so tired. I want to go to sleep

I'm sleepy too - more relaxed than tired tho ;)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

*looks out of the window*

Buggrit, so it is. Almost 1:30 am, and the sun is soon slowly climbing up to the sky. :lol:

wow I'd love to see that ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I can see the red line of dawn already. Bah, bad weather, possibly. Yeah, prediction for today is rain.

edited December 1969

Meh. Complaint: am extremely grousy and crabby. Meh! :long::snake:

Tonight it's Anime Studio Pro tutorials and a reinstall of DS4.1. Meh. Mehhhhhhhhhhh.

Still pretty blissed out from the long weekend myself, happiness is short days and long weekend, and this week I had both :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

I can see the red line of dawn already. Bah, bad weather, possibly. Yeah, prediction for today is rain.

Just before sunrise is a favourite time, new day, new hope :) complaint:" too foggy to see the dawn this morning, was more of an expanding fuzzy white spot in the haze

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Just before sunrise is a favourite time, new day, new hope :) complaint:" too foggy to see the dawn this morning, was more of an expanding fuzzy white spot in the haze

...I just want air pressure to stabilize so my head won't blow up. :(

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

...I just want air pressure to stabilize so my head won't blow up. :(
    Zyrtec-D is my go-to drug for such occasions. ;)

This discussion has been closed.