Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited January 2018

a clue on what I was working on yesterday... the dogs have kept me from it today for a bit laugh

Char.jpg
    640 x 480 - 117K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

are the ears rigged?

buppies in the apple orchard smiley

edited January 2018

dog.jpg
    782 x 640 - 75K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Stezza said:

Sad that Daz can't afford the upkeep of Carrara... crying

at least other places have the latest stuff that works smiley

nice, that dog second from the right, has it been puppified by chance?

Stezza said:

TYsmiley

rut roh raggy

raggy.... ruhroh!

nice job Stezza, thought I recognised Scooby Doo :)

edited February 2018

same dog shrunk by washing :) custom morph in Carrara , hair by Carrara, retextured by Carrara

Untitled-1.jpg
    1894 x 1859 - 2M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341
    Stezza said:

raggy.... ruhroh!

Excellent - any chance of a Jack Russell morph and texture ?

head wax said:

same dog shrunk by washing :) custom morph in Carrara , hair by Carrara, retextured by Carrara

Very nice, looks like another must buy !!!!

Stezza said:

a clue on what I was working on yesterday... the dogs have kept me from it today for a bit laugh

Looking forward to seeing this one !!

Bunyip02 said:
    head wax said:

thanks again Bunyip02 :0)

Bunyip02 said:
    head wax said:

Very nice, looks like another must buy !!!!

Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:

what I've done so far..

head wax said:

cute little thing...

here is a hair map for the nose if you need it.. adjust as needed and plonk it in the hair length shader.. smiley

HWDog_Lab_Hair lengthCarrara.jpg
    1048 x 1048 - 96K
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    head wax said:

He's soooo cutie!

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited February 2018

I downloaded a car from : http://www.dmi-3d.net/index.html

It is an .lwo format, an it imports beautifully into Carrara. 

Scaling was a bit odd, came inn tiny, so I had to scale it up with 1200 %.

The one in the middle is the original. The two other is customized.

Doc2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 491K
    Post edited by Varsel on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

A new comp to represent a client's script visually is probably the most involved thing I've done to date in 2018. Set those surface materials up on the plane myself and it was the only one of that specific aircraft I could find for free. Kind of proud of myself for going that route instead of shelling out a bunch of $$$ at Turbosquid to pull this off.

Searching for Heroes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited February 2018

I don't really use Carra for personal stuff anymore, only as a tool for work. I thought you might like to see how a Carrara/Hexagon/Daz/CorelDraw workflow has been used in business. I'm  the Creative Director for a company with two amusement parks in Orlando. I was tasked with creating Theming/Signage for a new roller coaster. We wanted to create a flying sci-fi figure in the vein of Iron Man/ Rocketeer, etc. I used Carrara with a Micheal figure and oufit which was re-textured. This was 5 years ago, the sci-fi suits available weren't as good as now. I rendered the pre-vis in Carrara and used an iso render of the figure in the logo. I exported the model to Hexagon as an obj file for the prop company. They had a computerized 3D foam cutter and use Hexagon as their modeler of choice. The figure was cut out of multiple sections and mounted on a large steel skeleton. It's then sprayed with a very hard outer coating and painted. Actual figure is about 13' tall and installed in sections. 

A couple of years later we were approached by a VR company about using our coaster for a VR experience. They took the model and rebuilt it from scratch and incorporated it into the VR scene. I sent them the 3d model of the coaster from the manufacturer so that the VR could be synced with the motion of the coaster. This syncing allows the motion and G-forces to match the VR image which takes away the disconnect and queasiness you can feel with stationary VR. It's really exciting, but hard to decsribe unless you've ridden it. Now you can see how the workflow incorporates all the software. I'll post a few more images next.

Patrick, this is wonderful.  I am a big fan of The Rocketeer and similar approaches to entertainment and storytelling.  You did a great job on the hero, and I am glad that the VR world is bringing it to many more people.  Congratulations.  

And thank you for showing how Carrara, Hex etc. are being used.  Fascinating.

P.S. - Brash would kick his butt. 

Just kidding and don't worry about it.  That remark was an inside joke for some of the forum regulars.

Post edited by Diomede on
    Stezza said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:

what I've done so far..

@Stezza - you really should open a storefront as a PA!

Varsel said:

Cool models.  Great customization.  Curious, are those the original shaders?  How much tweaking of the textures did you have to do?

edited February 2018
    Greybro said:

A new comp to represent a client's script visually is probably the most involved thing I've done to date in 2018. Set those surface materials up on the plane myself and it was the only one of that specific aircraft I could find for free. Kind of proud of myself for going that route instead of shelling out a bunch of $$$ at Turbosquid to pull this off.

Excellent.  The plane looks fantastic - and you saved some extra money doing the shaders yourself.  There are a lot of free resources available.  If you haven't already, check out the links at the top of the Freebie forum.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/478/list-of-freebie-websites#latest

Post edited by Diomede on
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    Diomede said:
    Varsel said:

Cool models.  Great customization.  Curious, are those the original shaders?  How much tweaking of the textures did you have to do?

It came in without any shaders. It had shadingdomains set up. So all the shaders are built, or adjusted Carrara-shaders.

• Diomede said:
    Stezza said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:

what I've done so far..

I agree, but I don't think that he wants to jump through the necessary hoops.  Still, a stunning model and render.

• Stezza said:

Carrara Doodling

Robots OnLine

An impressive collection!  Thanks, a neat composition and a lot of fun to look at.yes

Stezza said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:

what I've done so far..

looks wonderful Stezza

thanks for the Doggie nose map too :)

Vyusur said:
    head wax said:

He's soooo cutie!

thanks Veronica ..... o shucks, I modelled him on myself to be honest - but I have more spots :)

Greybro said:

Searching for Heroes

great looking scene Greybro - what plane is it? There were some free warplanes listed in the Free Software that makes life easier thread - non commercial use from memory

Varsel said:

great looking custom jobs - these would all be nice sitting in my garage

Diomede said:
    Stezza said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:

what I've done so far..

butthen you wouldnt be able to shop at Hivewire :)

Diomede said:
    Stezza said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:

what I've done so far..

I have too much fun doin' my own thing rather than have to worry about doin' that lol

plus I'm not good enough according to my judgements ... thanks though yes

and I want to shop where ever my PC takes me................................................................  cool

edited February 2018
    Stezza said:

worked on this one yesterday.... is it recognisable?

forgot to add I also knocked up some laser guns ... 

Laser Guns.jpg
    640 x 480 - 82K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • I honestly would have thought You drew those Stezza if you had not said otherwise

random render drops smiley

butte cafe

glass menagerie

nessie in te secret lake

kelly lodge

native content

th3Digit said:

I honestly would have thought You drew those Stezza if you had not said otherwise

thanks to toonPro yes

@Mistara Nessie looking for Groot!  

This discussion has been closed.