Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

lillith 7 has lovely toes.  this 3d hobby has made me fixate on armpits and toenails  lol 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

A few of my newest portraits

hot bunch of portraits !

Diomede said:

Wonderful stuff all over this thread.

@HeadWax - congratulations on the showing.  Very impressive pics.  

@Stezza - congratulations to your sister (and you) on the book.  Will be watching that Amazon ranking skyrocket!

@Mistara - Another G8F preset?  Can't wait.  With all the work you are doing on the toes, I may be developing a foot fetish.

@Philemo - another plugin!  You work fast.  Can definitely see the difference in the shadows.  Excellent.

@the3Digit - Your avatar toes look much better than G8's uncorrected in Carrara.  wink  Intriguing news about the Hivewire house pets

thanks Diomede :) yes some amazing work here

PhilW said:

I was going to post more or less exactly what Diomede said - so take it as said again! Congrats to all!

Thanks PhilW great to see stuff in the real world.

edited February 2018

here's another two images of my show (Not mine - top one provided by the Art Gallery)

they have art work shops for kids and they made Hugo Ball outfits including Lobster Gloves :)

The homages left to right in this are:

Las Meninas is a 1656 painting in the Museo del Prado in Madrid, by Diego Velázquez

A vermeer work - I modelled one of his rooms and used VWD for a cloth drape.

Mondrianopolus

A homage to Australian Painter Geoffrey Smart.

Removing the Stone of Madness - Heironymous Bosch

A work by Gustave Dore (original is an engraving) from The Life of Gargantua and of Pantagruel  by Rabelais

In the bottom photographs ia a painter friend standing next to "Death Leading the Blind men' - a homage to Breughel and Holbein

I used VWD extensively in most of the works.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Image may contain: Malcolm Sands, standing, beard and indoor

Post edited by Headwax on
  • This is so cool on so many levels!  Hugo Ball hats and gloves made by the kids.  Some genius educators at that place.

Death Leading the Blind Men looks exceptional.  Thanks for sharing.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341

Good to see the kids getting into the spirit of things.

Excellent to see your work getting some great exposure !!!!

thanks UB et Bunyip02 :)  !!! They asked me to do a workshop with some kids later but unfortunately I needed to work in my other job on the days. Would have been fun, though I'd be always looking for the edit undo button....

Mistara said:

lillith 7 has lovely toes.  this 3d hobby has made me fixate on armpits and toenails  lol 

nice to have something to fixate on tho!!

Mistara said:

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Amazing work Andrew,. as usual.

the kid looks real,.. but the guy fails at the shorts/legs (IMO)  those can't be real,.  i mean,.. it's winter,. Brrrrrrr.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

That guy is definitely an Uncanny Valley fail . . .

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited February 2018

I finally did it

wip to test hdri + distant light, no sky

23.jpg
    4800 x 6118 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on

I finally did it

wow that is superb, realer than real! congrats

3DAGE said:

Amazing work Andrew,. as usual.

the kid looks real,.. but the guy fails at the shorts/legs (IMO)  those can't be real,.  i mean,.. it's winter,. Brrrrrrr.

That guy is definitely an Uncanny Valley fail . . .

Ha ha thanks Andy et Tango Alpha - he will be pleased :)

!

We have days of high 30's here at the moment. But when I look closely I think M* (not his real name) is wearing his winter board shorts :)

I finally did it

Excellent result - well done !!!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

+1  yes

• I finally did it

It looks excellent.  But I am unclear on what you finally did.

For sure, she would make a great character in a photoreal cartoon. (subtle hint)

smiley

edited February 2018

thanks guys, not bad outcome if you consider that I have had only the diffuse map to play with; following are another try with a more reddish skin by adding a sss layer and 2 shots of the eastern village, the first in carrara and the second in arnold for maya; as you can see the lens distortion is better in arnold emphasizing more the vertical dimensions as you would expect; I can't find a way to get a similar result in carrara, maintaning same FOV and ratio; any suggestions?

@ UB: well, I succeed to upload a 5k image after many attempts; unfortunately we don't have the rest of the gal body, she's one of the many head scans by ten24; it would be great to have digitalized actors like her fully riggable within daz marketplace

Doc3.jpg
    3840 x 4890 - 1M
    carrara.jpg
    4800 x 2400 - 1M
    arnold.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

@Magaremoto - very impressive.  Ten24 offers some amazing products, but it is even more amazing what you can create with Carrara.  

@HeadWax - So great that the kids got to enjoy your gallery.  Make sure to reserve time for them next year.  Speaking of next - are you going on your surf trip this year?

@Mistara - I know what you mean about armpits and toes. Glad to see you get it worked out for some of the recent generations of genesis.  Very impressive. 

thanks Diomede,

this is very impressive indeed:

100% uncanny valley surprise

Diomede said:

@HeadWax - So great that the kids got to enjoy your gallery.  Make sure to reserve time for them next year.  Speaking of next - are you going on your surf trip this year?

thanks!!! :) ah, no surf trip this year - so far this year is one of those year's that you wish you could swap with an earlier one ;)  - never take happiness for granted.;)

mind you, the gallery show is well received, and I woke up this morning - so that's good !

magaremoto  that's pretty good - there's still something weird in the movement and the blink , but if you werent watching closely ..... dog looks real tho

• thanks Diomede,

this is very impressive indeed:

100% uncanny valley surprise

Not quite there yet, but getting closer.  If development continues at this pace, I expect that we will see new John Wayne westerns within 10 years if they can solve the more difficult task of getting the audio right on famous voices.

edited February 2018

failed test uploading an mp4 - please ignore :)

Post edited by Headwax on

right Head Wax and UB, but the hand closeup and the water ripples are outstanding, look real even after many careful looks

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited February 2018
    head wax said:

failed test uploading an mp4 - please ignore :)

you can upload it as a txt file and ask people to remame the extension

or as a zip 

as long as under 2MB

zip
    zip
    cow.zip
    4M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited February 2018

Doing a bit of morph dialing.

The Bug2.png
    500 x 650 - 402K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

scared the ......... outta me when I scrolled down.... wtf @Bunyip02 .... awessomely freaky! devil

edited February 2018

w.i.p. the following images share the same lighting set, pretty good for outdoor and indoor scenes

1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 310K
    2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 951K
  • pimpypimpy Posts: 274

Here's my latest work. An archaeological site on an ancient Roman Domus.

I made it using Wings3d, Carrara 8Pro, Ivy Generator, Gimp and Photo Express.

roman_domus.jpg
    1500 x 901 - 581K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Magaremoto- wow, same light set for indoors and outdoors?  Very impressed.  I would never think to even try. Beautiful.

Pimpy - that came out extremely well  When you say a site, is that a replica of an actual real world dig?

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited February 2018
    Diomede said:

Magaremoto- wow, same light set for indoors and outdoors?  Very impressed.  I would never think to even try. Beautiful.

Pimpy - that came out extremely well  When you say a site, is that a replica of an actual real world dig?

Not replica but similar...smiley It cames from my experience and what I saw. 

Post edited by pimpy on
    edited February 2018
    Diomede said:

thanks Diomede, a good set indeed, these are two more shots, no postwork

3.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 441K
    4.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 838K
This discussion has been closed.