Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    pimpy said:
    Diomede said:

Magaremoto- wow, same light set for indoors and outdoors?  Very impressed.  I would never think to even try. Beautiful.

Pimpy - that came out extremely well  When you say a site, is that a replica of an actual real world dig?

Not replica but similar...smiley It cames from my experience and what I saw. 

Very nice!  So erm.... that is NOT the sink hole site that just happened in Rome LOL!!  wink Silene

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    Diomede said:

Magaremoto- wow, same light set for indoors and outdoors?  Very impressed.  I would never think to even try. Beautiful.

Pimpy - that came out extremely well  When you say a site, is that a replica of an actual real world dig?

Agreed... will you be sharing the settings?  heart Silene

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited February 2018

thanks Silene, the 2 screenshots may help: basically the rig take advantage of the ambient light function jointly with AO and HDRI; the ambient brightness affects more the contrast while the color is more about global hue and softness of the shadows; there are 2 lights in the scene, a distant one and an emitting emisphere, that casts shadows too when needed and by moving or rotating it you can take control over the amount of lighting and shadows over surfaces; moreover there is an infinite emitting plane to enhance lighting from below or at a distance but it may be unnecessary in most cases. I have unchecked the AO after having tuned up the occlusion radius and launched for few seconds the rendering to let compute the irradiance caching

2018-02-20_182500.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 401K
    2018-02-20_182546.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 286K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    edited February 2018

same untouched lighting setup with the eastern village, it needs some tweaking yet, no postwork

1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 875K
    2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 756K
  • thanks Silene, the 2 screenshots may help: basically the rig take advantage of the ambient light function jointly with AO and HDRI; the ambient brightness affects more the contrast while the color is more about global hue and softness of the shadows; there are 2 lights in the scene, a distant one and an emitting emisphere, that casts shadows too when needed and by moving or rotating it you can take control over the amount of lighting and shadows over surfaces; moreover there is an infinite emitting plane to enhance lighting from below or at a distance but it may be unnecessary in most cases. I have unchecked the AO after having tuned up the occlusion radius and launched for few seconds the rendering to let compute the irradiance caching

I agree with everyone else - the fact that you are using one setting for both indoors and outdoors is just amazing.  But your explanation is over my head, I'm sorry to say.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - maybe next year. :)  And that is OK.  It takes a while to learn stuff.  In the meantime, please keep cranking out those examples!  Very inspiring.

• pimpy said:

Here's my latest work. An archaeological site on an ancient Roman Domus.

I made it using Wings3d, Carrara 8Pro, Ivy Generator, Gimp and Photo Express.

Awesome!

thanks UB,

lately I'm very fond of arnold and the latest version of renderman, and would like to learn redshift too, so I couldn't devote much time to carrara but it has so unexpressed potential to deserve attention off and on; let's not forget the shader editor which is very powerful, I can almost see a pipeline with D/S, carrara  and maya because shaders setup in carrara look great in maya with few adjustments, and once in maya you can make everything

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274

Many thanks @ Silene smiley and UB smiley

@ Magaremoto - I Remo, How is possible use brihgtness 5500%? I use carrara 8.1Pro and maximum range is 100%....

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

@pimpy you can manually enter the amount wink

pimpy said:

@ Magaremoto - I Remo, How is possible use brihgtness 5500%? I use carrara 8.1Pro and maximum range is 100%....

Hi Giuseppe, welcome back

as Stezza pointed out you can enter a value up to 10000; according to your scene you should tweak ambient brightness and color: the more the brightness the less the color value. You must find a balance point between ambient light and AO settings (and gamma as well) to get the best result for your needs

pimpy said:

Hi Giuseppe, welcome back

as Stezza pointed out you can enter a value up to 10000; according to your scene you should tweak ambient brightness and color: the more the brightness the less the color value. You must find a balance point between ambient light and AO settings (and gamma as well) to get the best result for your needs

Nope! If I try to set manually the value come back to 100%!

odd, try to change the color, set the value and tap enter

odd, try to change the color, set the value and tap enter

Different color ..same result.crying value came to 100%

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited February 2018

You need to apply a multiply operator. Viz:

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.55.38.png
    749 x 497 - 115K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on

You need to apply a multiply operator. Viz:

I Tango,  thanks but I'm talking about Ambient... not shader... (see Magaremoto settings scene)

very odd, on my C8.5 pro build 243 it works

• Setting ambient to 5500 works perfectly for me as well.  Latest Carrara version.

edited February 2018

Pimpy is right, it doesn't work on my 8.1, maybe an easter egg from daz

here a test with 2 quixel megascans samples to see how carrara can manage lots of 8k PBR textures, no problem at all and very good result imo; just a little more contrast in post

1.jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 2M

Pimpy is right, it doesn't work on my 8.1, maybe an easter egg from daz

here a test with 2 quixel megascans samples to see how carrara can manage lots of 8k PBR textures, no problem at all and very good result imo; just a little more contrast in post

Thank you Remo, maybe I need an update...frown

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is this really a tunnel or Wile Y Cotote up to his ole tricks?  smiley

Doc2.png
    1600 x 2000 - 4M
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Beware of coyotes carrying cans of black paint . . . wink

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

throwing M4 around,.

Warning : contains simulated violence

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited February 2018

Playing with the Shadow-Catcher function.

No postwork ..

Doc2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 402K
    Post edited by Varsel on
    edited February 2018

wip of the Urban Future 5 scene, no postwork

1.jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 2M
    2.jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 2M
  • 3DAGE said:

throwing M4 around,.

Warning : contains simulated violence

Ha!  3DAGE, I didn't know that you were capable of such violent expressions. smiley  Hoping to start animation soon.  Thanks for the many inspirational examples.

• Varsel said:

Playing with the Shadow-Catcher function.

No postwork ..

Looks pretty cool.  I love the shadow catcher function in Carrara.  It's like magic.

• wip of the Urban Future 5 scene, no postwork

Always enjoy your massive scenes, Magaremoto!

I made it using Wings3d and Carrara 8Pro. Postwork: Gimp and Photo Express.

starship_corridor.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 187K
    edited March 2018

final shot of the scene, bandicot filter applied in post

1.jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 2M
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited March 2018

I haven't done much lately, but I picked up some bargains in the last V4/M4 sale DAZ had and wanted to try a render with a couple things I had just bought, or had and hadn't used. I chose to do a pinup because sometimes they work to break "writers" block for me in 3D.

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

scifi pinup.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
This discussion has been closed.