Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

thz head wax smiley

I'm testing huge sizes (multiple of 2K) to better emphasize textures within carrara and, at the same time, avoid time-consuming bump filter whereas the detailed map allows to get rid of it (usually 4K resolution or more)

with the following sunny w.i.p. I'm trying to tune up caustics (50% intensity here)

thanks for that - that last render has a few poetic passages 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited January 2019

Carrara hair rocks the locks

b0005.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 845K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited January 2019

with The streets of Mediterranean it's pretty difficult for me to achieve acceptable realism within carrara; in this latest shot I increased the sky light and reduced the caustics down to 10%; fortunately with another set by stonemason (and the same light rig) I have had more luck smiley

1.jpg
    7680 x 4320 - 6M
    a.jpg
    1573 x 2155 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Wow! Can't wait to catch up on this thread! So Cool!

Here's something I did today - the first time the new Dartanbeck and Rosie WIP Characters were in the same scene together!

Mission Impossible?

Although our intel proved to be... less than accurate, with a little improvising, the op went down without a hitch.

But now to try and make it out of here alive....

Thanks to GenX2, this is a WIP of the new Dartanbeck and Rosie characters using Generations 4, 5 and 6 on Genesis (1) figures.

I made my own texture maps for all clothing, and always build my own Carrara shaders from scratch. TheAntFarm's Space Blocks, however, didn't need hardly any tweaking whatsoever after loading straight in from the library. Those shaders all remained the same except that I added his "_AMB" maps for the lights to glow in Carrara. Rock On to TheAntFarm!

This scene was a blast to make, having fun with Carrara's volumetric lighting, as usual.

I made the Space Blocks window transparent, and used a spheric map that I made using inception8's Project Xion series (seen through the window)

Daz Studio was used to add morphs to Genesis via GenX2, and PD Howler was used for color grading, lens flaring, and signature.

awesome stuff Dart, welcome back heart

I like that second render by you too Magaremoto yes

meanwhile ..... I have been playing with the wild Carrara simulated hairs

wind tunnel G forced stuff blush

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Do we need a new Render Thread, or just a new name for this one ("Post Your Renders - Let's Rock 2018!")?

I think only Dartanbeck can rename this one, since he started it.

de3an said:

Do we need a new Render Thread, or just a new name for this one ("Post Your Renders - Let's Rock 2018!")?

I think only Dartanbeck can rename this one, since he started it.

Done! Sorry for the delay blush

Wendy, you have some really cool looking hair in there. 

Awesome work Magaremoto! yes

thx Wendy, always something new and instructive by your works

thx Dartan, glad to see you back home, love your heroes' new outfits, and the work in post too

You'd be amazed at how very little was done in post.

You know I love using Carrara's volumetric lighting, well I'm also really finding more fun ways to light things. I love color grading in Howler, and the way I work in Carrara always tends to leave my renders a little low in saturation for what I want in the end. I do love the lens flare system in Carrara, but I prefer having real-time control, like I get from Howler and HitFilm, so I purposely leave that for post. 

I recall reading a while back that "Aura" in Carrara still gets a bad name from some users. Yeah, it can take a little getting used to or, if one really doesn't like it, by all means, just do without. But in combination with the volumetric lighting, I really like how aura embellishes the actual light source - making at so that I don't really need lens flares in most situations.

When I bought Genesis GenX2, I also bought Fit Control to help A - adjust how the clothing lays on the figure, and B - add some extra morphs to the clothing to add realism to certain situations.

Unfortunately, Fit Control added morphs (so far in my experiments) don't work in Carrara.

They work when I dial them, but as soon as I release the dial it zeroes out again. I'm hoping to find a solution.

I must say, though... Poke Away for Genesis really doesn't (to my taste) work nearly as well as Poke Away 2 for Genesis 2. Poke Away for Genesis (1) only changes the mesh of the character - in or out, which often deforms in ways that I cannot use. Poke Away 2 only deforms the character mesh when dialed in positive increments. Negative values pushes the clothing mesh outwardly, which is the mode I prefer to use.

Genesis GenX2 with the GenX2 for Genesis 2 plugin allowed me to transfer Poke Away 2 morphs to Genesis, so I uninstalled Poke Away (1). It isn't quite as good on Genesis as it is on Genesis 2 (deformations aren't always entirely accurate or even useable), but I like it a lot better.

edited January 2019

Octane or Carrara engine for your alien broccoli with cheese?

b0068.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 698K
    s010.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

These brocoli are really impressive, bravo!

The saucage is made with metaballs?

I don't know wich image is done with octane, but I prefer the upside image, more natural for an indoor scene.

Nice work Wendy!

Very cool!

thx all yes top/first one Octane

the cheese sauce is FLUIDOS

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Wendy, brocoli dish is adorable!

edited January 2019

DB, cool tip about aura, must investigate on it

following a w.i.p. test about diffuse lighting good for interiors by using cloudy fog or distant fog; very similar in outcome and render time but the cloudy one let the sun enter whereas the distant scatters the sunlight only

garden cloudy fog.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    garden distance fog.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M

Both look really good, I think.

following a w.i.p. test about diffuse lighting good for interiors by using cloudy fog or distant fog; very similar in outcome and render time but the cloudy one let the sun enter whereas the distant scatters the sunlight only

Just to add a tidbit to this:

It should also be know that, even if the sky cannot be seen, Realistic Sky's fog can be used for interior scenes as well to add atmosphere - much faster to render than volumetric clouds, albeit not nearly as customizable. Still, if all we need is a bit of hazy or fog, RSE gets it done! yes

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited January 2019

Working on a fast daylight lighting for animation.

This image took 30 seconds on my laptop.

With a different light direction

sun 4 fast.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 965K
    sun 5 fast.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 935K
    Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on

Very nice, Philemo!

looking forward to your animation heart

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

M3 in the trenches.....

yes Very nice!

edited January 2019

this w.i.p. to show that light rays can be used not only with cloudy fog mode but even with distant fog; incredible carrara

1.jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 2M
  • looking forward to your animation heart

Thank you Wendy.

I've decided to stop programing for a while and to do a little animation.

Since Dart Kindly offered me his swordplay kit, I've always wanted to do something with it, a classical "Vicky in a temple with a sword" :-)

I'll see where it leads

If I see it's going somewhere, I'll make a thread on the WIP.

• towdow3towdow3 Posts: 83

happy new year LOL

IMG_0674.JPG
    2301 x 2160 - 2M

Looks like a fun party!

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited January 2019

I have been doing some modeling...

Inspiration from https://www.deviantart.com/mattwileyart/art/Constitution-Luxury-Class-143315757

Doc1.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 93K
    Post edited by Varsel on

That's a really nice realization of his work!

A nice luxury Enterprise to soar space in! So Cool!

This discussion has been closed.