Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 2018

another render in 8K (38 mins with a i7 6700)

no issues, normalization in post

38.jpg
    7680 x 5760 - 7M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • very cool Wendy... I imagine that takes a while to render out..

Merry Pugmas

Exceptional.  You once again touch on perfection.

• another render in 8K (38 mins with a i7 6700)

I contine to be amazed at your lighting achievements - and frustrated by not knowing how you did them. :)

Head Wax recently constructed and shared a product for making a realistic rain scene.  Any chance you could do something similar with a light kit?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Wow, Stezza and Magaremoto, I would like to associate myself with the gentleman's (UB) remarks.  

+1

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

thanks very much... for your comments UB & D .. it surprises me that my images make such an impression.. very humbling blush

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024

I contine to be amazed at your lighting achievements - and frustrated by not knowing how you did them. :)

Head Wax recently constructed and shared a product for making a realistic rain scene.  Any chance you could do something similar with a light kit?

+1
  • I am rendering Headwax's rain at the moment in another scene

it should be Sydney 

needs tennis ball sized hail

Newcastle is in the zone too by looks

https://apple.news/ALfynYocWRcew9ZjnCrYmBA

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Stezza, misters Pugs look great, especially on white background!

thank you UB and the others, kind as usual; actually a light kit only wouldn't suffice because my rig will be working fine with texture maps but non with procedural shaders or material presets unless you adjust them greatly; it needs hi-res photos or pbr shaders to work at best; moreover some of you can see the image very clear and washed, due to very soft shadows; on my HP led monitor it looks pretty good but if you have been set the display for gaming possibly you'll have contrast issues. What I can do is to share my lighting system with passionate carrarists to make (or simply assist) demi pro animations

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Getting back into Carrara again.  Just doing some simple scenes to play with lighting techniques.  First pic is the render from Carrara.  I used  a transparent plane in front of the camera with a noise shader to get that sorta ambient quality.  I also added a noise gel to the spotlight to break it up a bit.  Second pic is some post work in Fusion 9 (free and highly recommended).  I just added a bit of a glow, film grain and some colour correction.

Doc2.png
    1500 x 700 - 445K
    Doc2a0000.png
    1500 x 700 - 1M
  • mschackmschack Posts: 337

Getting back into Carrara again.  Just doing some simple scenes to play with lighting techniques.  First pic is the render from Carrara.  I used  a transparent plane in front of the camera with a noise shader to get that sorta ambient quality.  I also added a noise gel to the spotlight to break it up a bit.  Second pic is some post work in Fusion 9 (free and highly recommended).  I just added a bit of a glow, film grain and some colour correction.

awesome... nice use of Carrara yes
    don't forget to check out the latest Carrara Challenge as well... wink

The Hivewire3d puppies are now available.

• another render in 8K (38 mins with a i7 6700)

thank you UB and the others, kind as usual; actually a light kit only wouldn't suffice because my rig will be working fine with texture maps but non with procedural shaders or material presets unless you adjust them greatly; it needs hi-res photos or pbr shaders to work at best; moreover some of you can see the image very clear and washed, due to very soft shadows; on my HP led monitor it looks pretty good but if you have been set the display for gaming possibly you'll have contrast issues. What I can do is to share my lighting system with passionate carrarists to make (or simply assist) demi pro animations

Texture maps only?  Sounds good to me!

A non-gaming monitor?  I don't play games. :)

Passionate Carrarists only?  Count me in!

The only caveat - you may give directions that I don't yet understand.  I still have a lot to learn about this software.  For example, I figured out how to set up soft shadows with distance lights only a sort time ago (the last Challenge).  

Even so, if you are willing and you have the time, I look forward to your directions.yes

passionate and addicted to carrara laugh

well, once DB got the idea to make a show reel, why don't you make a crossover team D/S + Carrara and try to get something like that? Carrara and Daz Studio + related renderers could be the right tools to have lot of fun with animations and that's the quicker way to learn carrara for sure

As for me, I'm always ready to jazz smiley

edited December 2018

same light rig on HF's forest drive, no issues, 2h render with 16 cores

huge jpeg compression in post (126 Mb native file size)

5.jpg
    7680 x 5760 - 7M
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574

Santa gets an upgrade .. 

a Christmas present from 3DU
    thankyou Steve :)
    Rendered in Carrara

Hi Stezza .. 

Since this litle guy just showed up in the shop.. I guess you were the designated Carrara tester for it.

I just bought him. To cute to leave him.

But it won't work in Carrara. Them bones are not conected to the body. The bodymorphs work, but the bones are just moving with no influence on the object.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341
    Varsel said:

Santa gets an upgrade .. 

a Christmas present from 3DU
    thankyou Steve :)
    Rendered in Carrara

Hi Stezza .. 

Since this litle guy just showed up in the shop.. I guess you were the designated Carrara tester for it.

I just bought him. To cute to leave him.

But it won't work in Carrara. Them bones are not conected to the body. The bodymorphs work, but the bones are just moving with no influence on the object.

I did not get this plucky little fellow, did you try converting him to blended weight ?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3750916/#Comment_3750916

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

Thank You Bunyip02 !

That did the trick. One thing though, I saved him as a Actor and not as a Character.

I see I have a lot of chatching up to do in the forum.... 

Varsel said:

Thank You Bunyip02 !

That did the trick. One thing though, I saved him as a Actor and not as a Character.

I see I have a lot of chatching up to do in the forum.... 

Glad you got it sorted, happy rendering !

New shiny toy.

edited December 2018

New shiny toy. No postwork.

02.png
    1500 x 1033 - 3M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Just getting caught up.  Great work everyone.  Sorry for not commenting on older work, but I did enjoy it.. 

Hope everyone celebrated some winter (or summe0 solstice festivals of your choice.  From me, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Beautiful reflections, Veronika.  I also got some shiny new toys but haven't had time to do a render.

The pug dog is so muh fun, glad to see that it works in carrara.  

Magaremoto, another fantastic soft lighting job on the HF scene.  Very realistc.

Vyusur said:

New shiny toy. No postwork.

Jungle boy prehistoric times, lovely render !!!

magaremeto, Stezza, mschack_ff02f39769, very nice work !!!

Bunyip, thank you very much!

edited December 2018

thank you guys blushsmiley

same lighting rig with or without 1% intensity caustics

1.jpg
    7680 x 3295 - 3M
    2.jpg
    7680 x 3295 - 3M
    edited January 2019

my first 10K ever, no issues

long live carrara

1.jpg
    9600 x 5400 - 7M
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

my first 10K ever, no issues

long live carrara

and all who sail in here!

nice render Margaremeto - so clean and precise

care to explain how it is 10 k sorry to be ignorant

edited January 2019

thz head wax smiley

I'm testing huge sizes (multiple of 2K) to better emphasize textures within carrara and, at the same time, avoid time-consuming bump filter whereas the detailed map allows to get rid of it (usually 4K resolution or more)

with the following sunny w.i.p. I'm trying to tune up caustics (50% intensity here)

2.jpg
    7680 x 4320 - 5M
This discussion has been closed.