Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited February 2019

Beach Buddies

bought the beach buggy then hacked away to make it RH drive.. smiley

Beach Buddies.png
    800 x 600 - 567K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341

Beach Buddies

Nice - was wondering if it was Carrara friendly...

• Beach Buddies

I bought the Beach Buggy also, but I couldn't get any of the dials to work. I figured it was an ERC issue. They wouldn't even work manually. How did you get the front wheels to turn?

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159

Beach Buddies

I bought the Beach Buggy also, but I couldn't get any of the dials to work. I figured it was an ERC issue. They wouldn't even work manually. How did you get the front wheels to turn?

Nice... with Scooby Doo... hehe. :) 

I hope you are talking about Carrara (the ERC issues). The pointers should work well in DS. I am not familiar with Carrara and don't know how the rigging transfers over to it. In DS the pointers just have a default value and limits and are set up so 100% represents the full movement on the Pose Control. Nothing spectacular.

Kind Regards, Eagle99

@BrianP21361 as you found out it doesn't work in Carrara that's why I hacked away at it lol

after an hour or two  of experimenting to get something acceptable for me I ended up using three programs.

1. Daz Studio ( eeek! ) only to load the model up to export it as an OBJ file

2. Hexagon to import the OBJ file as it was the best solution to weld the front wheels and hubs together then export again as OBJ with smoothing set to 1

3. Carrara to import the OBJ file with Create one Object per group and use last name as ID selected,  and then to then reverse the chassis so to be RH drive and adjust the gearstick knob and dash dials to show the correct way round.. then adjusting the points on the wheel hubs to rotate on the join... adjusted/modified all the shaders and rendered..

it was as simple as that after working out the best way which took a while to do.

@Eagle99 thanks for popping into the Carrara thread.. it's not your fault that Daz3d can't keep their software up to date but if I could offer one suggestion to you if you are to model more vehicles in the future could you have a RH drive version available also for the rest of the world that drive on the correct side of the road yes devil

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Very cool works, all!

I've been doing some fun things with human shaders trying differences between Multi Channel mixing vs Multi Layer function in all texture map channels I'd be using - right before (and tried a bit after) my darn computer broke. It's really cool to see the neat reflection experiments you're doing Magaremoto... feeds my imagination well! Thanks!

3dage, that is really cool! ...and delicious!

Stezza playing right into my fandom towards Scooby Dooby Doo! I really love the Mystery Machine gang! Very cool render!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

skin is a tricky thing, oily and dry,.soft and hard,. ..good greyscale images helps a lot, as Dart mentions ,. mixing and blending diferent maps with the multilayer shader, or just mixers, can produce some interesting results,

the close-up portrait with a telephoto lens is always the hardest, since you're focus is on the facial details,. 

More fumbling in the dark, with little bit of a post gradient.

CC post.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 792K
  • =

@BrianP21361 as you found out it doesn't work in Carrara that's why I hacked away at it lol

after an hour or two  of experimenting to get something acceptable for me I ended up using three programs.

1. Daz Studio ( eeek! ) only to load the model up to export it as an OBJ file

2. Hexagon to import the OBJ file as it was the best solution to weld the front wheels and hubs together then export again as OBJ with smoothing set to 1

3. Carrara to import the OBJ file with Create one Object per group and use last name as ID selected,  and then to then reverse the chassis so to be RH drive and adjust the gearstick knob and dash dials to show the correct way round.. then adjusting the points on the wheel hubs to rotate on the join... adjusted/modified all the shaders and rendered..

it was as simple as that after working out the best way which took a while to do.

@Eagle99 thanks for popping into the Carrara thread.. it's not your fault that Daz3d can't keep their software up to date but if I could offer one suggestion to you if you are to model more vehicles in the future could you have a RH drive version available also for the rest of the world that drive on the correct side of the road yes devil

Thanks Stezza. Very helpful information. I'll give it a try.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Beach Buddies

Ireally a

Stezza - I really appreciate the subsequent explanation.  I am always amazed at the combination of quality and quantity of your renders.  I don't think my computer could render that fast even if I had the creativity to build the scenes non-stop. Wow.  I forget, is scooby a morph of the hivewire dog, or is he one of your many wacky models?  Either way, very expressive!

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159

It's always a bit of "is it worth the effort" balancing, when you do stuff for the store. But I had that in mind. The buggy cockpit is quite simple, so in general it's not a huge thing. But you also have to set it up in DS to make comfortable to use for user and things like that. But the project I am working on atm is very british... so the LH drive might be the option here, while the RH should be the default.

Kind regards, Eagle99

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited February 2019

thx Daniel and 3dage, totally agree on human skin and multi channel mixing and multiple layers etc

this one for example is an attempt to setup the PBR metal shader provided by our Philemo, applied on a multi shader mixer; the result is really promising but at the moment I can't take control over the reflection as with the phong model; anyway cool we can play around with 2 shading models laugh

1.jpg
    800 x 1113 - 97K
    2019-02-15_192503.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 315K
    Post edited by magaremoto on

Beach Buddies

Ireally a

Stezza - I really appreciate the subsequent explanation.  I am always amazed at the combination of quality and quantity of your renders.  I don't think my computer could render that fast even if I had the creativity to build the scenes non-stop. Wow.  I forget, is scooby a morph of the hivewire dog, or is he one of your many wacky models?  Either way, very expressive!

@diomede you're to kind... my PC is probably getting old now in tech terms, I'd be surprised if anyone here has one with lesser specs.. I did do a scooby morph for the Hivewire  dog but this isn't the one.. nope this scooby I purchased a while back from 3dExport.. yes

edited February 2019

sounds like a London Cab... maybe... cool

or a mini smiley

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited February 2019

Baker Street

Baker Street.png
    800 x 600 - 909K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited February 2019

Finding Miss Jane

Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Baker Street

brilliant again - great grunge on the cab

edited February 2019

thanks Headwax ... smiley

The Cage

Emu in a cage.png
    800 x 600 - 409K
    Post edited by Stezza on

now i see some political metaphor happening here - nice image stezza - beautifully balanced

edited February 2019

I think I'll name the emu Peta...

here is a render with the fab Five LoRenzos wink

there's actually six LoRenzos ... interweb points if you can spot him devil cool

Abbey Road.png
    800 x 450 - 656K
    Post edited by Stezza on

hmmm... 

freeebie from Nursoda at Rendo

the carniverous plant works in Carrara .. just need to adjust the textures yes

edited March 2019

86 - Would you believe 99
    it took eight high end computers 12 3D graphic artists
    all running Maya software to model and render this image?

99 - I find that very hard to believe Max

86 - How about three i9's and 4 programmers using Daz3d 

99 - I don't think so

86 - what about a single i7 with a 640GTX graphics card with a hobby user using Carrara ......

99 - oh Max........

86 and 99.png
    800 x 600 - 570K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Nice verbal commentary to go with a very good image

ha ha very funny Stezza 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited March 2019

Here is a test render I am playig with using the BF109 and the Iray converter I am curently rendering a animation to see if I can get a good propeller spin going for realism.

on patrol 1.jpg
    1920 x 810 - 638K
    Post edited by chickenman on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Very cool, Chickenman!  Can’t wait to see your animation.

stezza, the car is super stellar. Great job on the characters, also.  Nice to see the carnivorous plant work in Carrara.  Feed me, Seymore!

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited March 2019

Doing some work on my picture, inspired by old Norwegian folklore.

So far there are 3 Genesisis and 2 G2Girls.

I still need a fox, some dwarfs and perhaps a nisse (looks like a garden-gnome). I'm not sure about nissen. He lives in the stable, and normaly don't venture out into the forrest.....

fossegrimenTest.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Varsel on

hmmm... 

freeebie from Nursoda at Rendo

Missed that one, now added to the runtime !

Here is a test render I am playig with using the BF109 and the Iray converter I am curently rendering a animation to see if I can get a good propeller spin going for realism.

Looking good !

Varsel said:

Doing some work on my picture, inspired by old Norwegian folklore.

So far there are 3 Genesisis and 2 G2Girls.

I still need a fox, some dwarfs and perhaps a nisse (looks like a garden-gnome). I'm not sure about nissen. He lives in the stable, and normaly don't venture out into the forrest.....

Love the ripple effect from the one in the water !!!

This discussion has been closed.