Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i tried blowing on it with directional force physics, but it kept sinking

lokssmooth 

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited October 2019

Go Pack, go! Cheeseheads rock!

Cheesehead Cheesecake.jpg
    3081 x 1729 - 4M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited October 2019

Happy (early) Halloween!

demonic pinup.jpg
    4096 x 2304 - 3M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Much milk jug if not cheese in those laugh

Wisconsin is the Dairy State after all. laugh

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

why is there an expiry date on sour cream?  surprise

Because it will go fresh if it expires! cheeky

still usig the delphinia shaders.

Layla elf smiley  the no eyebrows or eyelash kinda work for her  lol

she's o the fluidos spring,  i messed up and lost the water again.

Happy (early) Halloween!

never too early for halloween.smiley

thought of a name for her .... Helloise 

Because it will go fresh if it expires! cheeky

layla again.  she the triax version with the toe fix workaround

dunno why she has tan lines.  torso and hip is 1 texture map.  work in progress smiley

layla3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

enlightened this thread should have a banner!!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited November 2019

tweaking IL in Howie's creek

1.jpg
    3840 x 1296 - 5M
    Post edited by magaremoto on

doh  happy background music ran out before the clips ended

ahhh tired can't figute out why color gradient not rendering   i know isn't a complicated thing  dohhh  trying put nebula colors on a cloud 

playing with the shiny ship

astro Doc11.png
    1920 x 789 - 416K
    astroDoc10.png
    1920 x 789 - 483K
    astroDoc9.png
    1920 x 1362 - 652K
    asatromst nose.png
    1920 x 1362 - 1M
    astro the btridge.png
    1920 x 1362 - 1M
    astro4.png
    1920 x 522 - 1M
    astro3.png
    1920 x 522 - 487K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited November 2019

Very cool, Misty.  I am regretting not getting that spaceship.

I'm working on a project related to Vyusur's Leon.  This was a test render of some of the elements, but I thought it had been too long since I posted a regular render.

leon newsboy test 1.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 122K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Sweet!

edited November 2019

Thank you, Veronika, for the kind words.  These are just the base starter meshes for the outfit.  I intend to improve with draping to get folds/wrinkles and then export to 3D Coat for retopology, detail, normal maps, etc.  Unfortunately, I am experiencing a few obstacles outside Carrara.  

Post edited by Diomede on

very cool... Leon could do with some more clothes..

I've done a render for the challenge in the other topic ( raining men ) with Leon... I haven't posted it yet.. I think @Vyusur should start a topic here informing all of the use of Leon ...

and I see @Diomede has also chipped in with a prize for Carrara ... awesome stuff guys yes

hope to see some Carrara entries smiley

• very cool... Leon could do with some more clothes..

I've done a render for the challenge in the other topic ( raining men ) with Leon... I haven't posted it yet.. I think @Vyusur should start a topic here informing all of the use of Leon ...

and I see @Diomede has also chipped in with a prize for Carrara ... awesome stuff guys yes

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to postpone the Carrara Challenge for a few weeks and have everyone here enter the Raining Men contest instead?  I kind of like the idea.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

I didn't know anything about Ted's plans about new category in the raining man challenge and was pleasantly surprised. I don't know what I could write in the topic dedicated to Leon.

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to postpone the Carrara Challenge for a few weeks and have everyone here enter the Raining Men contest instead?  I kind of like the idea.

is that the one to repurpose something?

does putting a bikini on george qualify?

i don't comprehend the re purpsoing thing.  short circuits 

can we know the theme for the challenge sooner, so i can think about what to render?

thanks.

don't forget the green challenge is still on!

• Repurposing is a category in that Challenge.  And if you read the rules, putting a bikini on George does not qualify.

Actually what does qualify has never been clear to me either.  My solution is to ignore that category and go for regular male renders, which hopefully won't look like all those other push-button PR Iray renders.

Repurposing is a category in that Challenge.  And if you read the rules, putting a bikini on George does not qualify.

Actually what does qualify has never been clear to me either.  My solution is to ignore that category and go for regular male renders, which hopefully won't look like all those other push-button PR Iray renders.

with degrees of gaininess  lol

10.  Re-Puposed Category - This category is to take an article of clothing NOT designed for the males and using it on or with the male figure in a new way.  This does not mean throwing the male into a dress and calling it done.  For inspiration, please check out voting threads from previous years in the links and look for those images which are tagged Re-Purposed.

For repurpose, one time I took the mesh for a V4 bikini and used the vertex modeler and alpha masks to turn it into a sail for a sailboat.  Another time, I took a corset, turned it sideways, replicated grass on the stomach and replicated bricks on the cups (with other suitable adjustments), to turn it into the landscape and huts for a scene with Luke Skywalker and the birds on his hideaway island.  I didn't win either time, so maybe the repurpose need not be as radical as I have done.

• Diomede said:

10.  Re-Puposed Category - This category is to take an article of clothing NOT designed for the males and using it on or with the male figure in a new way.  This does not mean throwing the male into a dress and calling it done.  For inspiration, please check out voting threads from previous years in the links and look for those images which are tagged Re-Purposed.

The more I understand the rule, the less I understand why this was created as a specific category.  You can "repurpose" anything for anything.  What is supposed to be the point in doing this with female clothing?  Why connect something female to a contest showcasing men?  If there is an underlying reason, it is probably better that I don't know it. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2019
    Diomede said:

The more I understand the rule, the less I understand why this was created as a specific category.  You can "repurpose" anything for anything.  What is supposed to be the point in doing this with female clothing?  Why connect something female to a contest showcasing men?  If there is an underlying reason, it is probably better that I don't know it. :)

I don't think it was anything as sinister as you think

I believe it originally started because of all the gripes about female clothing vastly outnumbering male clothing in the store

and was a tongue in cheek reaction to that

not meant to put guys in drag or some gender fluidity protest, just utilizing what is given to us in abundance 

Putting females in male clothing as common street wear is considerably common and not particularly challenging 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

goerge in a bikini in a cake is not as easy as i'd expected.

last year I repurposed a G2F hat into a water fountain... wacky stuff!

This discussion has been closed.