200 Plus Head and Face morphs for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    edited September 2017

Spicy Fusion for 200 Plus for Genesis 8 Male.

200 Plus is a fantastic set, a "can't do without" type product for character making.  If you want to modify the face of any character then you need this.
    These morphs are made with that in mind.  There are 25 of them. Combine these with any morph to create a new and unique face just for you!!  They work ideal as stand alones, as shown in the promos, and I LOVE them combined with standard Daz morphs like Michael 8!!  You gotta try these out.

00_SpicyFusion_daz3d_main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    01_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    02_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    03_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    04_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    05_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    06_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    07_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    08_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    09_SpicyFusion_daz3d.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Lyoness on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,715
    Lyoness said:

200 Plus is a fantastic set, a "can't do without" type product for character making.  If you want to modify the face of any character then you need this.
    These morphs are made with that in mind.  There are 25 of them. Combine these with any morph to create a new and unique face just for you!!  They work ideal as stand alones, as shown in the promos, and I LOVE them combined with standard Daz morphs like Michael 8!!  You gotta try these out.

When these morphs are used, do the dials that were used change from zero? I particularly like heads 23 and 7, as they remove that bland G3M/G8M look. Great promo presentation.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    xyer0 said:
    Lyoness said:

When these morphs are used, do the dials that were used change from zero? I particularly like heads 23 and 7, as they remove that bland G3M/G8M look. Great promo presentation.

Yes, If you use the Character Preset options... you can see exactly which dials are used.  You can add to them and play with them as much as you would like. 
    There is also the option of a baked solid head morph if you would prefer to work with that. Every head has two options for usage.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,715
    Lyoness said:
    xyer0 said:
    Lyoness said:

Yes, If you use the Character Preset options... you can see exactly which dials are used.  You can add to them and play with them as much as you would like. 
    There is also the option of a baked solid head morph if you would prefer to work with that. Every head has two options for usage.

Excellent! I prefer the baked versions.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,338
    Zev0 said:

The popular 200 Plus series will make it's return for Genesis 8. I have partnered with my buddy DogZ for this version release. This version will be a merchant resource as well.

Very good news! I own 200+ for G3F and G3M - great products!

• These look great!  I'm so happy to see there will be a verison for G8M.  Happy dance!!!!

• please, when will it come out? My G8 characters are protesting & sulking and G3 making fun of them all the time :)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    The female version is scheduled for the PA sale. Should be out late second half of month.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735
    Zev0 said:
    The female version is scheduled for the PA sale. Should be out late second half of month.

I want it today but I guess I will wait.

200 Plus Genesis 8 Female(s) is now live. Enjoy:)

• Is 200 + merchant resources, like the previous versions?  I don't see that in the description.

edited September 2017

The previous versions were never resources. This version is in a way, but the term Merchant Resource had to be removed because under certain rules the product is required. At Daz, in order for a product to be called a Merchant Resource, the product is not a requirement in any case of usage where the end user will require it. For example in this products case, if you create a face pack where multiple heads are made, the product is a requirement where you can also include baked obj versions (see this product https://www.daz3d.com/spicy-fusion-for-200-plus-for-genesis-8-female), because I do not allow multiple head creation without a preset version.

That rule alone removes it from official merchant resource status. Reason for this is people will find loop holes if they can just export the product morphs as obj's and import as their own and offer that as a package. So in a nutshell, if you create a head for a character using the morphs you can bake the dialed morphs (export as single obj and import again) where the product is not required, but if you do a face pack containing multiple faces, it becomes a requirement for the end user where preset versions have to be accompanied, and that last aspect changes it's status and cannot be called a merchant resource, even though aspects of the product is when doing single characters.

Here were the rules (see attachment)

Capture.JPG
    2376 x 1643 - 2M
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Can't people still use the baked morphs without the package in any case?
    edited September 2017

They can, but how can it be sold if it breaks the agreement rules? Presets have to be included in products designed to be face packs, or it may not be sold.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Actually, the version for g3m specifically described itself as MR.

But, you point is well taken.  Essentially, you're saying I can use the morphs in a new, distributable character as long as it has been baked into a new single obj and re rigged.

Zev0 said:

The previous versions were never resources. This version is in a way, but the term Merchant Resource had to be removed because under certain rules the product is required. At Daz, in order for a product to be called a Merchant Resource, the product is not a requirement in any case of usage where the end user will require it. For example in this products case, if you create a face pack where multiple heads are made, the product is a requirement where you can also include baked obj versions (see this product https://www.daz3d.com/spicy-fusion-for-200-plus-for-genesis-8-female), because I do not allow multiple head creation without a preset version.

That rule alone removes it from official merchant resource status. Reason for this is people will find loop holes if they can just export the product morphs as obj's and import as their own and offer that as a package. So in a nutshell, if you create a head for a character using the morphs you can bake the dialed morphs (export as single obj and import again) where the product is not required, but if you do a face pack containing multiple faces, it becomes a requirement for the end user where preset versions have to be accompanied, and that last aspect changes it's status and cannot be called a merchant resource, even though aspects of the product is when doing single characters.

Here were the rules (see attachment)

edited September 2017

"Essentially, you're saying I can use the morphs in a new, distributable character as long as it has been baked into a new single obj and re rigged."

Yes that is correct, or just have the face as a preset if you want people to customize your face. Hmm wasn't aware the G3M version was an MR lol. Then again Dogz handled that versions  release. My bad:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Thank you. Very nice morph package. Will probably use it a lot.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited September 2017
    Zev0 said:

They can, but how can it be sold if it breaks the agreement rules? Presets have to be included in products designed to be face packs, or it may not be sold.

?

I'm not saying to break the merchant agreement, I'm saying customers could still use the baked faces without the base morph pack so I don't really understand what requiring presets also will accomplish. Setting an item as required in the store doesn't actually force anyone to buy it unless that changed very recently.

Post edited by agent unawares on
    edited September 2017

Yes you might not need it as a requirement to use (on the current addon), BUT, if you want to sell a face pack (with multiple faces), presets are a requirement. Those are the selling rules. Most users prefer the heads as presets where they can tweak, and is the main structure for selling via this product, and the baked (one morph options) are just bonuses which are optional offerings and aren't mandatory. Hope that makes sense. Not every future pack will have the baked options (no guarentee other vendors will include them), hense why the product via the preset structure is always a requirement on offerings that contain multiple face packages.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Ah so it's more of a marketing thing, that makes perfect sense. I thought I'd missed something.
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

It's standard practice in my experience that merchant resources cannot be used to make a competing product, eg a series of face presets baked from these morphs could be seen as too similar to the original product and therefore competing, whereas a single baked character morph is not. Makes sense to me. If the morphs also have corrective morphs such as JCMs built in that that would be another reason why one might need the base product in order for the morphs to work correctly. I think (might be wrong) that this is the case with eg growing up and the ageing morphs. 

That is correct.

• I hope we get the G8M versions of both products soon.  They add a lot more fun to creating a character.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited September 2017
    Redz said:

It's standard practice in my experience that merchant resources cannot be used to make a competing product, eg a series of face presets baked from these morphs could be seen as too similar to the original product and therefore competing, whereas a single baked character morph is not.

But a series of face presets is not forbidden. It's only forbidden to make this without also including pose presets that can work with the original dials. Correct? If not license probably needs clarifying.

EDIT: Also very excited for G8M version.

Post edited by agent unawares on
    edited September 2017

- Single character, no preset required and is optional where you can either bake or keep face as preset.

- Face pack, presets & product required and optional baked versions of presets.

- Multiple face pack with no product requirement or presets, is not allowed.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

- Face pack, presets & product required and optional baked versions of presets.

What about when sculpting additional details on top of a baked morph created from the dials. Would you then include the original dial presets the morph was based off of before editing, or is this just not allowed?

edited September 2017

You would use the dialed morphs plus your sculpt (additional details) to make a face preset, and you can offer a baked version of that combo if you wish to do so.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Thanks.

• greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited September 2017

Very quick test. 

Base G3F with only 200+ Head and Face morphs (nope, not even the built ins), and a Skinbuilder skin with NGSA applied. Lights are BOSS, Hair is Super Messy Updo (with UH2 and Hair Lustre), outfit is Mercurial Guardian.

Render didn't fully complete, so ignore the noise in the hair.

Think I'm going to use her for the rogue I'm making for my next D&D game with a few elfy-tweaks. :)

200test.png
    500 x 707 - 738K
    200test2.png
    500 x 707 - 705K
    Post edited by greys on
  • I was going to wait to get these and then I remembered that I have Sim Tenero's Randomizer and they hit my cart so fast my poor wallet got whiplash lol.  I got the base and the add on so am looking forward to seeing what I can come up with.