200 Plus Head and Face morphs for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

I am curious as to what other package is causing this clash.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,129

I can think of one possibility - did you use one of the methods in the thread on transferring morphs from Genesis 3 (or earlier) to Genesis 8 to transfer the equivalent set for the older figure to Genesis 8 Female before you bought the native version?

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655

Yes I did use this script to transfer morphs from G3 to G8  Is that the issue? 

Yes I did use this script to transfer morphs from G3 to G8  Is that the issue? 

Quite possibly, as the two sets sem to use the same names. "Duplicate formulas" means there are two sets of isntructions to link Property A and Property B, where A and B are names - if, as seems likely, converting the old set of morphs keeps their original names then it is easy to see how that might arise.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655

If anyone else is having this issue:

I just deleted C:\DAZ3D Content\Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\DogZ&Zev0\200 Plus/Cheeks Size (Alt).dsf 

now it's working kinda. The morph Cheeks size is not useable then, but I think I don't need it anyway.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I copied the G3 across but deleted them one 200 plus was released; but I have noticed when I made a morph, then bought something with the a morph of the same name, it caused issues.

I keep all my custom morphs in a separate folder now, makes it easier to track them down.

• I just purchased the package, loaded up G8F and tried to apply the face preset/dials.  When I double click Diane for instance and then look under Parameters and my Shaping Presets, I don't find any of the new morph dials or the face preset.  In the past, this has worked for other packages to load body morph dials.  Am I missing a step?

• incinx said:

I just purchased the package, loaded up G8F and tried to apply the face preset/dials.  When I double click Diane for instance and then look under Parameters and my Shaping Presets, I don't find any of the new morph dials or the face preset.  In the past, this has worked for other packages to load body morph dials.  Am I missing a step?

For those that are having a similar problem in the future.  Make sure you have the directory "<DazConnectPath>/ConnectLibrary/data/Daz 3D" setup under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats and then do a scan to refresh.

• incinx said:

I just purchased the package, loaded up G8F and tried to apply the face preset/dials.  When I double click Diane for instance and then look under Parameters and my Shaping Presets, I don't find any of the new morph dials or the face preset.  In the past, this has worked for other packages to load body morph dials.  Am I missing a step?

For those that are having a similar problem in the future.  Make sure you have the directory "<DazConnectPath>/ConnectLibrary/data/Daz 3D" setup under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats and then do a scan to refresh.

• paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
    edited May 2019

If anyone else is having this issue:

I just deleted C:\DAZ3D Content\Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\DogZ&Zev0\200 Plus/Cheeks Size (Alt).dsf 

now it's working kinda. The morph Cheeks size is not useable then, but I think I don't need it anyway.

deleting Cheeks Size (Alt).dsf on Female morphs does seem to fix the issue of duplicate formulas 

Post edited by paulbungard on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053
    edited April 2019
    incinx said:
    incinx said:

Data directory should not be listed as a content directory, it's a technical folder. None of the files from "data" folder are supposed to appear in the content library.
    Presets to apply morphs would be somewhere under People/Genesis 8 Female, not inside the "data" folder.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735

I got it finally.  How does it work? I am not sure how to use it.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

It's a collection of morphs; a great collection as it happens. :)

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    edited April 2019
    In the Shaping tab or in the Parameters tab, you should find the new morphs. If you go to the head section you should be able to find them. I am not at my computer to be able to check on which sub-section they are under, though I suspect it's under "Real World". You can refer to the list on the first post to help search for specific morphs you want as well.
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • Blacky13Blacky13 Posts: 67

Hi Zev0!

I have both your 200 Plus for G8F installed as well as Rarestone's morphs and I am getting the Duplicate Formulas found. I redownloaded both your file and Rarestone's today and reinstalled but I am still getting the error. Any thoughts on this? I noticed you mentioned that Rarestone had updated the product to resolve this but, like I said, I am still getting the error. Is there an update necessary on your side as well, or do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

edited May 2019

Hi. What product did you re-install first? Maybe try the other way and see if that resolves the issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Hi. What product did you re-install first? Maybe try the other way and see if that resolves the issue.

I installed 200 Plus first, then reinstalled Rarestone's.

Got the error, so uninstalled Rarestone's and the error went away.

Would you suggest I uninstall 200 plus, then:

Install Rarestone first, then 200 Plus
    OR

Install 200 Plus first, then Rarestone

Thanks for your help.

edited May 2019

I just installed both products, mine first and then the other and I am not getting any issues. I did this via manual zip installs.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

I just installed both products, mine first and then the other and I am not getting any issues. I did this via manual zip installs.

That seems to have done the trick! Thanks very very much for your help!

edited May 2019

Cool. Glad it's sorted.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • hey, so -- I just purchased this set but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm not getting any error messages, I just double-click on the faces and nothing happens.

Any ideas as to how I can figure out what the problem is?

• Hi,

I have just installed the 200 plus head and face morphs and as Aplloldorus says when I click on any of the settings nothing happens. The dialled head morphs don't appear anywhere and the models head doesn't change.

Is there a way of solving this? I am working on a MacBook OS 10.14 and using Daz 4.12.

The files installed in Macintosh HD - Users - Shared - My Daz 3D Library - People - Genesis 8 Female - Shapes - 200Plus

Thanks!

Hmmm it's also happening for me...Will look into it. It was working..Wonder what changed.

• The few I tried just now worked, in 4.12.0.86. How are you all installing?

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

I just tested a few (using 4.12 Beta and 4.11) and they're still working for me at the moment. (Note: I use Windows 10 and install via the DIM). Not sure if that information helps?

edited April 2020

Did a manual product zip download now it's working again.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • irad20irad20 Posts: 0

Hi, newbie question.

How do I save/export all the morph changes I made to a certain genesis 8 figure and than load them to a new basic genesis 8 figure?

A step by step answer will be blessed. I am not the sharpest tool.

irad20 said:

Hi, newbie question.

How do I save/export all the morph changes I made to a certain genesis 8 figure and than load them to a new basic genesis 8 figure?

A step by step answer will be blessed. I am not the sharpest tool.

Assuming you mean with this morph set or others like it, File>Save As>Shaping Preset. You can also use File>Save As>Character Preset which will include both morphs and materials.

• theom777_06b5ec29theom777_06b5ec29 Posts: 30
    edited May 2020

I'm a Newbie also... I have purchsed both the 200 Genesis 8 Female, and Male. The Female works fine but I can't locate the Male in my controls. Above, you said "For those that are having a similar problem in the future.  Make sure you have the directory "<DazConnectPath>/ConnectLibrary/data/Daz 3D" setup under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats and then do a scan to refresh."

I have no idea how to do this. 

Would you be willing to do a step by step video to correct this and post it on Youtube? Maybe start your own youtube page?  Please remember that some of us are not as good at manipulating our computers as others. That's the reason for the "Daz Auto Download/Install" in the first place.

A "how to video" is MUCH easier for people like me to follow than trying to understand the "<DazConnectPath>/ConnectLibrary/data/Daz 3D" setup under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats" tech speak.

I know what you wrote seems like it's easy to follow for you, but some of us just aren't there yet. A video so that we can SEE you correct the problem is MUCH EASIER TO FOLLOW!

I appriciate that you're on this forum trying to help people, but some of us (Like me), wouldn.t have even bought the product if we thought that the download/install wasn't being done for us. 

Either that or start giving refunds...

Post edited by theom777_06b5ec29 on

I'm a Newbie also... I have purchsed both the 200 Genesis 8 Female, and Male. The Female works fine but I can't locate the Male in my controls. Above, you said "For those that are having a similar problem in the future.  Make sure you have the directory "<DazConnectPath>/ConnectLibrary/data/Daz 3D" setup under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats and then do a scan to refresh."

I have no idea how to do this. 

Would you be willing to do a step by step video to correct this and post it on Youtube? Maybe start your own youtube page?  Please remember that some of us are not as good at manipulating our computers as others. That's the reason for the "Daz Auto Download/Install" in the first place.

A "how to video" is MUCH easier for people like me to follow than trying to understand the "<DazConnectPath>/ConnectLibrary/data/Daz 3D" setup under Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats" tech speak.

I know what you wrote seems like it's easy to follow for you, but some of us just aren't there yet. A video so that we can SEE you correct the problem is MUCH EASIER TO FOLLOW!

I appriciate that you're on this forum trying to help people, but some of us (Like me), wouldn.t have even bought the product if we thought that the download/install wasn't being done for us. 

Either that or start giving refunds...

By default the Connect path will be listed (and it's the Connect folder, not the /data/cloud/Daz 3D/ folder - which shouldn't even exist - that is needed). If you don't know how to chnage it, or haven't installed with Connect (that is, from within Daz Studio) then the comment, even corrected, isn't relevant to your situation.