200 Plus Head and Face morphs for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

123457»

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited April 2021

Make a new point or click on an existing one, make sure no expression morphs are dialed, it will act like a zero expression preset, then save that point. What I do is click on a point in edit mode and look under currently used to see what is assigned to that point, and edit from there.

Or if the expression is not tied to any point in puppeteer you can use any zero expression preset from an expression package.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

OK, so it's probably best to do this before I start making changes under "Actor" or under "Pose Controls," right? Does it matter which Tab this is in? Does it matter if I'm in edit mode or preview mode? (I don't really understand how edit mode differs from preview mode: what are the advantages or disadvantages to one or the other?) 

And, is there a way to give this Zero Expression Preset a name, so that I'll remember exactly what it is?

edited April 2021

Depends on what you are trying to do. What are you trying to do exactly? I need to visualize what it is you want to achieve. Also please respond or comment to the correct product support thread. It confuses other users when people talk about other products.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Yes, I was talking about 200 Plus Puppeteer. For what I'm trying to do: Create various expressions for a "story," (think of it like a series in a comic strip). But, after making one expresssion, I don't want to continue adding to it. I want to return to the neutral character head and face. Then, create a new expression. 

I realize this product is for creating new heads and faces, primarily. But, as I was playing with it yesterday, it seemed to me that by rearranging items such as the eyes, mouth, etc., I could get some rather interesting expressions connoting emotions, aslo.

Yes, I was talking about 200 Plus Puppeteer.

You are commenting in the base product thread. 200 Puppeteer has it's own thread.

OOps. Sorry

edited April 2021

"But, after making one expresssion, I don't want to continue adding to it. I want to return to the neutral character head and face. Then, create a new expression. "

OK Since you asked here I will reply here, but all future convo to be in other thread please.

So what you do is make a point, add expression to that point, save it, make a new point with no expression eg zero face, save that, now when you preview and move across the point it will zero expression when you move over point with no expression assigned to it. Hope that helps.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

hey there...

i started getting duplicate ID errors our of the blue a couple of weeks ago.  (i update via DIM several times a week, if that matters.)

i've lost track of which morphs i've uninstalled and reinstalled and uninstalled again to stop the annoying popups.  but i do have error logs for Lip Line Height and Nose Bridge Depth (Alt), attached below.  any helpful advice would be appreciated. 

i wish daz would just let us disable the dupes popup warning.  it's consistently a source of interrupted scene loads and aggravation.

j

zip
    zip
    - new dupes error.zip
    edited April 2021

I have no idea what this is

•/coverfiles •/aia 4.8 - alBOXER - edge 1.8 OPT - edge sky 01 + GHOSTBOX 1.12 - direct 06 P - new fists 03 (P) C - 01.duf.

•/coverfiles •/aia 4.8 - CB NE 2 - BLUE 07 EYES - edge 1.8 OPT 1.8 - edge sky 01 + GHOSTBOX 1.8 (p) - direct 04 P - direct 04 C - 01 - N.duf.

but these seem to be causing it. What is that?

Post edited by Zev0 on

Zev0 said:

I have no idea what this is

•/coverfiles •/aia 4.8 - alBOXER - edge 1.8 OPT - edge sky 01 + GHOSTBOX 1.12 - direct 06 P - new fists 03 (P) C - 01.duf.

•/coverfiles •/aia 4.8 - CB NE 2 - BLUE 07 EYES - edge 1.8 OPT 1.8 - edge sky 01 + GHOSTBOX 1.8 (p) - direct 04 P - direct 04 C - 01 - N.duf.

but these seem to be causing it. What is that?

thanks for responding so quickly, zev0.  :)  much appreciated.

those are the scene files themselves. 

(character - clothing - environment - lighting - pose - camera - sequence)

peplexes me, too...typically those kind of errors point directly to the morph files. 

i guess i should probably go back and see whether or not the morphs referenced are active, or whether they're parked in my Morphs (Disabled) folder. 

yes.  those morphs are all still alive and loading.

none of them are applied to the g8f figure in the scene though.  so how can they have any connection to the scene file?

could they be clashing with a particular character, z?

j

edited April 2021

They just have to be present on the figure itself. I assume some morph is causing a clash from another face morph pack. When you load in a new genesis 8 female figure in scene do you get a duplicate id popup?

Post edited by Zev0 on

yes. 

loading g8f base into a new scene, i'm still seeing Lip Line Height, Mouth Width (Alt), and Nose Bridge Depth (Alt) trigger errors.

with mouth width (alt) and nose bridge depth (alt), i can see some semi-similarly-named morphs that could conceivably be contributing to the error. 

but there are no lip line morphs loading except the ones from your 200 set.

my log's attached.  and i can send you screen snips of the morph check results from parameters if you reckon they'd be useful.

thanks for trying to help me solve this. 

j

txt
    txt
    g8f base load duplicate errors.txt

What other head pack sets do you have installed from other PA's?

head/face are pretty busy territories in parameters.  but the only real sets i have active for g8f now are yours, EJ face morphs, and rarestone's FMC volume 1. 

i do also have a fair number of xtransfer (XT) morphs showing up, at least one of which riffs on one of these problem morph names.  i'm going to disable all those now and see if that helps.

the perplexing thing about this issue is:  the scene was loading fine for weeks and weeks...until a fairly recent update or a new product install upset the cosmic balance.  

j

edited April 2021

Did at test on my side...It aint EJ or Rarestone so must be something possibly from Xtransfer. Try moving the Xtransfer stuff and see if you still get issue.

"until a fairly recent update or a new product install upset the cosmic balance.  "

Have no idea why. I didnt touch the morphs mentioned. Sometimes it's the order in which they are copied into data that changes some links. So maybe 200 plus being copied last caused the issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on

nope...that didn't help.  i'm still getting duplicate errors for:

Nose Bridge Depth (Alt).dsf
    Mouth Width (Alt).dsf
    Mouth Height (Alt).dsf
    Lip Line Height.dsf

i'm going to uninstall 200+ via DIM, make sure that data folder is empty, reinstall (yet again) and hope that fixes the issue.

if it doesn't...would replacing those data files with blank text files with identical names stop the warning? 

if i just uninstall them, i'll wind up with another endless round of annoying popups nagging me to reinstall.

i really wish daz would allow us to toggle these 'helpful' warnings off when they get obnoxious.  that's one hack/plugin i'd buy in a heartbeat...

j

txt
    txt
    four dupes - latest log.txt

i wound up just removing the formula expressions from those four .dsf morph files.  g8f loads with no duplicate warnings now. 

a reconstructed version of the problem scene loads popup-free now, too. 

:)

j

• naughtyroadnaughtyroad Posts: 39

Hi Zev0, I'm using quite a few of your products, and love them, thanks for creating them.

With the latest update to 200Plus head/face morphs for gen8 Female, I noticed something strange today. It seems some of the morphs around the face and forehead area are off in this version. The nose is substantially wider, and there's also something different going on with forehead and brows. I've also had quite a few morphs applied to cheeks, jaw and chin, but they seem unaffected.

If I roll back just the files in my library for the 200Plus head/face morphs for gen 8 female, to a backup I made just prior to updating to the latest version (and change nothing else), it shows the proportions I expected, which seems to indicate the difference is the result of changes in the latest version.

Images attached to show what I mean. This character is a standard gen8 with just the 200Plus morphs and few morphs of the Cartoonized product applied to create the face

Do you have any idea why this would be happening using the latest version, and if there's a fix that doesn't involve either baking a morph from the old version of the product, or tweaking manually to approximate the original shape? Appreciate your time.

Full disclosure, I'm running Daz Studio 4.14, and can't update to 4.15 because the iray version that uses renders skin way brighter (meaning I can't mix new renders into existing series which is a problem for my usage)

latest 200 face morphs for G8F.jpg
    493 x 445 - 56K
    200 face morphs for G8F prior to 24-4-2021.jpg
    493 x 445 - 56K
  • Hi, Zev0.

I know this isn't the right place, but since I no longer have XTransfer Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 converter installed I can't get to you from there.

There is the section where you can load certain (or favorite) XT morphs directly into Studio for use with g8f. That's all well and good, but my question is this: how do you extract them? There is no way through XT transfer to remove them. I thought taking XT out from Studio would remove them, but they're still there. I have put the parameters window in posing/shaping into edit mode and deleted all of them, but when I restart Studio they are right back where they were.

I am using Studio 4.15 Pro. Can you please enlighten me as to how to remove them? Thanks so much!

edited September 2021

Every XTransfer morph is in one root folder per figure. The userguide shows you exactly where they are located.

\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\XTransfer

\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\XTransfer

If you delete that XTransfer folder or all morphs inside there will be no trace of XTransfer morphs on the figure. You can also browse to that folder from within the script.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2021

naughtyroad said:

Hi Zev0, I'm using quite a few of your products, and love them, thanks for creating them.

With the latest update to 200Plus head/face morphs for gen8 Female, I noticed something strange today. It seems some of the morphs around the face and forehead area are off in this version. The nose is substantially wider, and there's also something different going on with forehead and brows. I've also had quite a few morphs applied to cheeks, jaw and chin, but they seem unaffected.

If I roll back just the files in my library for the 200Plus head/face morphs for gen 8 female, to a backup I made just prior to updating to the latest version (and change nothing else), it shows the proportions I expected, which seems to indicate the difference is the result of changes in the latest version.

Images attached to show what I mean. This character is a standard gen8 with just the 200Plus morphs and few morphs of the Cartoonized product applied to create the face

Do you have any idea why this would be happening using the latest version, and if there's a fix that doesn't involve either baking a morph from the old version of the product, or tweaking manually to approximate the original shape? Appreciate your time.

Full disclosure, I'm running Daz Studio 4.14, and can't update to 4.15 because the iray version that uses renders skin way brighter (meaning I can't mix new renders into existing series which is a problem for my usage)

Sorry for late response.  Here is what was changed - 

Jaw Depth Morph to reflect Slider strength because it was Inverted, eg dialing up sent morph into the negative.

Some existing morphs had value limits changed and face presets updated to register added morphs.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Ok, thanks again, Zev0. Since I had only created XT's for females, there was no XT folder in male morphs.

• amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 98
    edited February 2022

I have noticed an issue with 'Chin Depth' on the 200 plus morphs for Genesis 8.

The Genesis 8 base morphs also have a morph labeled 'Chin Depth' so the two are conflicting. The chin depth morph slider for 200 plus does not appear, and the base morph 'Chin Depth' is now named (2) Chin Depth. Sliding this parameter up and down does strange things to the chin. That is, the chin does not extend out as normal.

I have the Genesis 3 versions of these morphs and they've all worked perfectly. I sculpt all my characters using these in combination with the base morphs sets and the Growing Up Youth Morphs. Recently I decided to convert them to G8, and since I have the same morphs for both, the characters have (mostly) converted over just fine. But that Chin Depth label is causing problems.

It's also obviously causing problems if I sculpt a character directly with G8, since there are two shaping parameters labeled 'Chin Depth'.

In the Genesis 3 versions of the morphs, the 200plus has 'Chin Depth (alt)', so there's no conflict with the chin depth from the base morphs. That's not the case with Genesis 8.

Is there a way I can rename the 200 plus 'Chin Depth' for Genesis 8 to 'Chin Depth (alt)', as it is for Genesis 3? That way I will not get the conflict.

Edit. I have since been told of a solution for this by first loading Genesis 8 developer figure, unchecking consolidate properties, relabeling the 200plus chin depth morph and then checking consolidate properties again. Then saving out the modified assets. Richard Haseltine just taught me that one. :) But I think I will leave this message here for anyone experiencing similar issues.

The fix for this is described here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/548776/two-face-shaping-morphs-with-the-same-name-so-one-disappears

Post edited by amysparkles on
    edited February 2022

Hi. 200 Plus was the first extensive PA head morph package available for Genesis 3 and 8. Other packs with same name morphs which were released after needed to be renamed to avoid conflict.

"Is there a way I can rename the 200 plus 'Chin Depth' for Genesis 8 to 'Chin Depth (alt)', as it is for Genesis 3? That way I will not get the conflict."

Yes you can rename, but it might break presets that look for that specific morph name. Go to the product files in data, edit the NAME of the morph under modifier_library in notepad or a text editor.

"modifier_library" : [

{

"id" : "Chin Depth",

"name" : "RENAME THIS",

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 98
    edited February 2022

Zev0 said:

Hi. 200 Plus was the first extensive PA head morph package available for Genesis 3 and 8. Other packs with same name morphs which were released after needed to be renamed to avoid conflict.

"Is there a way I can rename the 200 plus 'Chin Depth' for Genesis 8 to 'Chin Depth (alt)', as it is for Genesis 3? That way I will not get the conflict."

Yes you can rename, but it might break presets that look for that specific morph name. Go to the product files in data, edit the NAME of the morph under modifier_library in notepad or a text editor.

"modifier_library" : [

{

"id" : "Chin Depth",

"name" : "RENAME THIS",

Thank you. :)

The other Chin Depth morph I was talking about comes from this package, which I think was produced by Daz:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-head-morphs

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-male-head-morphs

I use those in combination with 200plus. The 200plus morph packages for Genesis 3 have 'Chin Depth (alt)' to prevent the duplicate labels conflict.

I generally sculpt my own characters so conflict with presets will probably not be an issue. Most characters I do purchase are mainly for the skin materials. The only conflicts that do occasionally arise are when I transfer a character I sculpted in Genesis 3 to Genesis 8. The Chin Depth fix now resolves that. The other conflict relates to 'Head Width Narrow' in Genesis 3, and a single 'Head Width' in Genesis 8. But that's easy to work around. If I have a G3 character with 'Head Width Narrow' set to 20, I just set the Head Width to -20 in Genesis 8.

My future character creation is not an issue because I am working mostly with G8 now.

Post edited by amysparkles on
  • Is there any chance that 200 Plus Head and Face Morph be released for Genesis 9 figures?  Thanks in advance.

Hi. Yes they are in the works.

• japanggjapangg Posts: 31
    edited December 2022

Zev0 said:

Hi. Yes they are in the works.

This is great to hear.  Thank you for the info.

Post edited by japangg on