Experiments, discovery and experience

Comments

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

I'm so sorry to hear this Vyusur. I hope you both recover to full health soon!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Vyusur said:

Three weeks ago my hubby had surgery for appendicitis with peritonitis third degree of complexity.
    On the third day after the operation, my husband had a psychosis from anesthesia toxicity. He behaved inadequately and attacked the doctors when they tried to calm him down. That night a psychiatrist called me and asked many questions. The next day I found my husband tied to the hospital bed. A day later he was untied. Psychosis was not repeated. For two weeks I slept for three hours a night and visited the hospital every day. Now my hubby is nearby me and he is getting better every day.
    In the end my health has severely beaten me. Now I have pneumonia. I try to be patient.

hugs from oz , hope everything is okay soon

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

UnifiedBrain, Stezza, Evilproducer, Bunyip, DesertDude, Head wax, thank you so much for your kind words.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Hugs from the UK too - I hope you are both fully recovered very soon.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Feel better soonest!

-regards

Phil, Misty, thank you so much for your support!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Very sorry to hear that happened, hugs and prayers from Utah, hope you both recover soon. 

Thanks a lot, Jonstark!

I wonder, if there is any case to buy carrara for someone else?

edited June 2018

Today morning I was hanging nearby looking for the inspiration, taking pictures for possible modeling. Here is my recent inspiration.

20180627_115059.jpg
    1920 x 2560 - 4M
    20150713_144737.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    20150713_144657.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    20150726_173458.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    20150726_173532.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    20160726_094027.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    20171002_161727.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    20151223_165146.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

I often take my pictures with my Samsung smartphone cause it's not so heave as my Nikon camera.smiley

edited March 2021

It's only references, not serious photos. As for references, reflection is not a problem. Anyway, thank you for the advice.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

The row of hangers almost looks like a backbone!  And I can see from your own reflection that you were wearing a het that day.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

And it might be this hat!  The reference from the noir challenge.  yesyes

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3640676/#Comment_3640676

Exactly! Backbone looking-a-like was the reason why I took this picture. And yes, I wear this hat every summer day.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Vyusur said:

Today morning I was hanging nearby looking for the inspiration, taking pictures for possible modeling. Here is my recent inspiration.

Looks intriguing. Must be summer there judging by the fleece bikini ;) . We are all wearing our winter board shorts in oz :) 

looking forward to what you come up with - watched your yoga by the river video the other day - interesting how we all live such separate but the same lives !

I've just uploaded the recent video on that other channel, recorded earlier this year. It's not about yoga practice, but only about hair styling. As for inspiration - I'm thinking of reconstructing my old model of dragon the new way.

edited August 2018

Earlier this year I began to model some critter in Carrara. Recently I dug him up from the rubble and continued to work on him. The first snapshot shows him at the very beginning stage (zipped car file is attached), the wireframe pro render shows how he looks now.

2018-08-27_1406.png
    894 x 773 - 194K
    Doc4.png
    1000 x 1300 - 442K
    zip
    zip
    chudik.zip
    Post edited by Vyusur on

Thank you!  Very cool figure.  

I anticipate a lot of mischief.

My pleasure, Ted! What kind of mischief?

edited August 2018

Stealing just one sock from a pair of socks!

diabolical

edit: renders of the critter using a sock as a bag while some poor sole has only one foot covered.  (See sole instead of soul?)

Post edited by Diomede on

I'm afraid I don't understand.

edited March 2021

edited August 2018

@Vyusur, Veronika, I was just sayng that the figure looks great as a playful imp or gremlin.  yes

With your permission, I made a few adjustments and posted this update.  See attached.

I added some material zones and a bone skeleton.  I have not put any constraints on the skeleton bones, and I have not adjusted the weightmaps.  In addition, I changed the eyes.  They are separate props that are parented to bones.  Select the eyes and use Carrara's rotate tools.  Couple other very minor changes.

NOTE - all of the morphs are empty - they are there as possible correction morphs to be edited with Carrara's vertex modeling in the posed position option.

If not appropriate, let me know, and I will delete the attachment.

qqq figure adjustments.JPG
    1743 x 954 - 140K
    zip
    zip
    Chudik Ted Changes 01.zip
    3M
    Post edited by Diomede on

Wow, Ted! How fast! He is adorable. I'll play with him. Thank you very much for your participation!

Selina said:

Ted fish don't wear socks ! laugh

What about Sockeye salmon?  laugh

• EldritchCellarEldritchCellar Posts: 96
    edited August 2018
    Hello Diomede... Is that a good way to rig eyes in carrara? Simply parenting as props (and adjustment of the hot points as necessary) to bones and locking/constraining translation/rotation on the parent bones? Have not looked at the model but was curious about methods of dealing with eyes. Thanks
    Post edited by EldritchCellar on
    Hello Diomede... Is that a good way to rig eyes in carrara? Simply parenting as props (and adjustment of the hot points as necessary) to bones and locking/constraining translation/rotation on the parent bones? Have not looked at the model but was curious about methods of dealing with eyes. Thanks

I was just being fast.  The standard way would be to model everything in one mesh.