Experiments, discovery and experience

1234568»

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Vyusur said:

Hi Dave! I have no idea what was the changes. I was surprised. Above that, the updates in my DIM fail to download.

So, likely just some kind of paperwork related thing - nothing on the figure himself.

Maybe, I don't know. I still can't download anything. Something wrong with my system or with my HD store.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 2019

Several of us have been getting download failures for some product updates.  But we are not getting it for the same product updates.  Are you experiencing a failure for all downloads, or just for some products?  Here is a related thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/371506/dim-download-failures-on-product-updates#latest

Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

Several of us have been getting download failures for some product updates.  But we are not getting it for the same product updates.  Are you experiencing a failure for all downloads, or just for some products?  Here is a related thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/371506/dim-download-failures-on-product-updates#latest

I have this issue only with Leon update.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I apologize that I don't know this. What outfit is this?

Oh... nevermind. Now that I see it enlarged here, I can see that it's made by Aeon Soul! 

edited February 2020

Okay, just dropping a link here to Diomede's thread: Veronika - yet another custom figure in store - Wow!

Getting hyped that Janna (Vyusur's awesome original figure) is coming over to play with Carrara! She says she's looking forward to trying on my new Carrara Dynamic Hair methods, and I'm excited to design one for her.

At first I was trying to figure out how to nestle her into my current production but now I'm thinking more along the lines of giving her her own spot - possibly a more photorealistic one.

I have to say that I am really looking forward to animating her. It seems to me that she's a bit different than what I am used to - and I have a feeling that it'll be a lot of fun!

In addition to Dynamic Hair, I've also been playing with subsurface scattering, which is currently being quite a success with Rosie 5 Manga. To get it to work the way I wanted, I use it on many surfaces - not just the obvious ones - even if only in fractional amounts, just to help the system to work properly. Light passes through (and gets absorbed and scattered into) this at such a rate, so that it can then pass through that, etc.,

Anyway, Janna's coming, so I have to clean this place up a bit!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Yes, that was outfit by Aeon Soul. Good luck with your experiments!

Yaaay!!! Janna has finally arrived! Just now!

Bummer I can't play just yet. I just loaded Carrara's Batch Queue with hours and hours (it'll lkely still be rendering after I get home fro work tomorrow) of animations. Getting closer to that sneak peak of what's going on over here.

I am so excited! So, all I do is load her into Daz Studio and convert her to Blended Weights? I think that's easy, right? Sounds easy....

I'll also be letting her take me for a test drive in Iray as well. I've been wanting to take a little time to play with such a lovely tool. Here's just the proper excuse. I'm so addicted to Carrara hair right now, I just absolutely have to have her into my workspace. Long, short, in-between or shaved, I think Janna looks lovely no matter what hair she's growing! ;)

Glad to know you've got her. It's very easy indeed to convert her to blended weights. Looking forward to what you will come up with.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

your flowerhead looks cuteheart

I hope it does well for youyes

sadly I am spoiled with anything grows and replicators in Carrara but for the ones who cannot stray out of DAZ studio it should be very appealling laugh

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

sadly I am spoiled with anything grows and replicators in Carrara but for the ones who cannot stray out of DAZ studio it should be very appealling laugh

+1 yes

Thank you for your kind words! Personally I didn't use any replicators for the hair creation. I made it manually in ZBrush. I like to control every item.

Bunyip02 said:

+1 yes

Thank you very much!

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 650
    Vyusur said:

Today morning I was hanging nearby looking for the inspiration, taking pictures for possible modeling. Here is my recent inspiration.

That is one GORGEOUS dragon!!

WANTS!! cool

Ditto!!!