Experiments, discovery and experience

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

it really only needs fit the clothing face and ears etc need not be exact, fingers some like to do gloves 

edited March 2019

how it fitted exported as one piece

I think separates might be better in this case, I am not fussed by pokethrough as simply hide those parts but as one it intersects itself

just some suggestions for those using my rough pose

a clone shape if made can have sizing morphs added etc, one advantage of that method which I would do if making for my own use, sadly not shareable

fitted.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 496K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited March 2019

The very recent experiment with G3 clone:

Leon_iconic01.png
    1300 x 1690 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on

how it fitted exported as one piece

I think separates might be better in this case, I am not fussed by pokethrough as simply hide those parts but as one it intersects itself

just some suggestions for those using my rough pose

a clone shape if made can have sizing morphs added etc, one advantage of that method which I would do if making for my own use, sadly not shareable

Nice outfit, looking delicious!

edited March 2019

now doing what I do to create clone shapes for other figures which sadly cannot be shared, at least by me cheeky

if you Veronica can do one you can submit it to DAZ and ask them for permission to sell it as they have given permission to others for clone shapes within the store, they can only say no devil

I refined it in DAZ studio with smoothing modifier then used a shrinkwrap modifier in Blender, base mesh not split

then imported that to check against Leon

and export that as an obj to create a clone, will be able to go both ways on clothing etc

while Veronica is more skilled than I am, I am sharing this for everyone else and read Leanas thread for more details like I did heart

I now will fit it to leon and load a base obj of Genesis on it in morphloader

then fit Leon to it

leon clone shape.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 1M
    Capture.JPG
    1918 x 1040 - 204K

I don't think that it worth it. I have so many other good ideas that are not realized yet.

Wendy, you suggested very good method of making clone. Thank you! I used Zbrush projection as you advised.

Vyusur said:

Wendy, you suggested very good method of making clone. Thank you! I used Zbrush projection as you advised.

glad that worked for you it didn't for me but then my Zbrush skills are nonexistent blush

meanwhile I have a setback 

image_2019_03_28T17_41_04_958Z.png
    753 x 580 - 82K
  • <<p>INSPIRED BY FIRST POST

A simple use of Glare to create sparkles together with downloadable Carrara file for the fun of it.

Selina

zip
    zip
    Sparkle.zip
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

its a bit rough so add a smoothing modifier to the clothes if it hasn't got one and collide it against a hidden Leon before exporting obj's too

Thanks for the tip, now back to renders !!!

edited March 2019
    Vyusur said:

I don't think that it worth it. I have so many other good ideas that are not realized yet.

A series of clones might be worth it, K4-M4-Genesis-Genesis 2M-Genesis 3M-Genesis 8M

PS Good to know that there are more goodies being lined up !!!

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited March 2019

he let his hair grow out

yeah thats a toe poking through

ahairs0009.jpg
    685 x 957 - 154K

Wow! I thought It was a mermaid.

edited March 2019

Streets of Asia 4

Asia Leon 1 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M

Very beautiful and tranquil, Bunyip! And the outfit is nicely fitted. Why don't you use fiber eyelashes? They work perfectly in Carrara and don't require any transmaps.

Vyusur said:

Very beautiful and tranquil, Bunyip! And the outfit is nicely fitted. Why don't you use fiber eyelashes? They work perfectly in Carrara and don't require any transmaps.

Ooooops, knew I forgot something blush Very nice figure, Wendy's pose preset works well especially when combined with the smoothing modifer/collision method !!!

Selinita said:
    <

INSPIRED BY FIRST POST

A simple use of Glare to create sparkles together with downloadable Carrara file for the fun of it.

Selina

Very nice Selina !!!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Vyusur said:

Playing with Leon in Carrara.

Converted to Blended weights, Leon is fully compatible with Carrara, as well as all his content.https https://youtu.be/TBgc-7L1LMM

Thanks for that video, Vyusur.  Incredible accomplishment in creating the Leon character, btw.

Some Daz users will never even give him a try because he is not native Genesis.  Do you know if he works in Poser?  That might broaden your base a bit.

Are you planning other characters?  I hope so.  Your design parameters seem to be both aesthetic and intelligent, without the proprietary side effects of the later Genesis models..

Vyusur said:

Converted to Blended weights, Leon is fully compatible with Carrara, as well as all his content.https https://youtu.be/TBgc-7L1LMM

Thanks for that video, Vyusur.  Incredible accomplishment in creating the Leon character, btw.

Some Daz users will never even give him a try because he is not native Genesis.  Do you know if he works in Poser?  That might broaden your base a bit.

Are you planning other characters?  I hope so.  Your design parameters seem to be both aesthetic and intelligent, without the proprietary side effects of the later Genesis models..

I tried getting him into Poser by converting to triax and exporting a cr2 without success, he comes in but as two meshes no IK, not tried FBX yet

Vyusur said:

Hi UB! Thank you for your nice comment. I don't have Poser and I never used it. As for loyal fans of Genesis figures, it was always on my mind. But the most important thing for me that I could realize my treasured dream. I always dreamed to create my own figures. I plan to move in this direction in closest future.

edited March 2019

Any Karate kicking Alien Critters on your to-do list (please, please, pretty please !!!) ?

Alien Karate 1.png
    2400 x 1800 - 3M

Any Karate kicking Alien Critters on your to-do list (please, please, pretty please !!!) ?

I'm going to make some sci-fi/fantasy critters later. It's possible to accompany them with action poses.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    Vyusur said:

I'm going to make some sci-fi/fantasy critters later. It's possible to accompany them with action poses.

Yay!  I'm all for sci-fi critters!

Based on forum comments, I think that a female to go with Leon would please a lot of people.  Whether that is a separate figure or a FBM for Leon, I defer to your judgment.  Whatever you decide to work on, I am looking forward to it.  Great stuff.

Vyusur said:

Woo-hoo !!!

Looking forward to all of your goodies !

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

You never know what you will come up with when modeling while recording. Here's an example of a recent ear modeling.

Just improvising.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

lovely to watch the process - reminds me when I used to use anim8or

but much more polished of course (yours not mine!)

thanks for sharing 

Andrew, thank you for your kind words! Never heard about anim8or. Just today read about it in Wiki.

Do you have any videos with your modeling process?

Love your topology, I still need heaps of practice to get that without heaps of ngons !