Mollytabby's Art Workshop

15678911»

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2020

Portrait test of Nida 8 with the HD add on.

Rendered out of the box without any of the makeup options.

Nida-PortraitWEB.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 829K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

May I say that she looks amazing even without make-up!

She is really beautifully modelled @Saphirewild - it's amazing how different she looks when you change things like her hair, lighting and outfits. For me, I think she's going to be a joy to work with smiley

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

She is really beautifully modelled @Saphirewild - it's amazing how different she looks when you change things like her hair, lighting and outfits. For me, I think she's going to be a joy to work with smiley

Yes she is beautifully modeled!!

It's quite amazing to see a character come to life when you change their hair or clothes.

edited February 2020

A render using the new Toon Mom from Joe Quick. The outfit is SciFi Pinup Outfit for Genesis 8 Females and the hair is Shock Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Females,  both by the3Dwizard. Postwork in Photoshop and Topaz Studio 2.

Toon-SciFi-HeroineWEB.jpg
    1200 x 1560 - 1M
    edited April 2020

I forgot to put this recent image in my thread. Another image using Nida 8 with the HD Add on.

The Search

Gallery image here with list of products used.

The-Search-Nida-8-WEB.jpg
    2000 x 1539 - 2M

I lost my 3D creative buzz for 18 months but now I'm back on my computer and trying to learn again everything I've forgotten, lol. So although I'm not posting, I am playing with test renders. I bought My Shaders the day they came out, because I really like experimenting with different shader effects. Haven't done much with them yet, but the first image is the pure render with the shaders and tonemapping settings. The second is a quick postwork in Photoshop and Topaz Studio 2. Posted here so that I don't forget about them.

For these images I used the Base Shader. 

I really should write down which sliders I use in Topaz as I'm working on the image as I quite like the result. Anyway, playing with the shaders have given me some ideas. More dramatic lighting may also be the way to go. I use IBL Master for Daz Studio as I swop between Iray and 3Delight a lot and love the level of control.

Aiko 7 My Shaders render.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 235K
    Aiko 7 My Shaders postworked.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 359K
    edited September 2021

Aiko image rendered with My Shaders

Postworked version of Aiko image rendered with My Shaders

edited September 2021

So I've gone a step further with using My Shaders and created and rendered a scene, this time using Aiko 6. I'm loving these shaders. They are really easy to use. 

The other products used are listed on the gallery page for this image.

Image Aiko and the Bots

Aiko6-and-the-bots-web.jpg
    2400 x 3120 - 2M
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Well done Mollytabby... I just found your thread and I must say you have come a long way since page 1!  I felt I needed to comment cause you went to all the trouble to post ;)  Please keep up the great artworks... If you feel like you need a challenge to keep inspired... feel free to join my https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/462446/llola-lane-s-render-a-month-challenge-2021-all-are-welcome-to-join/p1

Thank you @Llola Lane, I'm always learning :) I tend to use this thread as a way to show myself how I'm progressing but it's nice to someone drop by now and again. 

I've been popping in and out of your challenge thread to see what people are doing and I'm hoping to get some inspiration to do something soon. Though I need to be quick to get something done for September! So it might be the October one.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

I'm loving all the cats, toons, robots and beautiful people in this thread. heart

Awe, thank you @Wintermoon smiley That's ever so kind of you.

edited September 2021

My submission for Llola Lane's Render a Month Challenge, using one of this week's freebies - Cory 6.

Full details of the products used are in my gallery.

The Ceramic Lion

Cory has just aquired a new figure for his collection.

The Ceramic Lion

The Ceramic Lion WEB.jpg
    1500 x 1154 - 2M
    edited October 2021

My submission for Llola Lane's Render a Month Challenge. This month's theme is leather.

A list of most of the products used are listed in my gallery. Couldn't remember all of them, there are a lot in this one. The scene really pushed my old computer to the limit. Had to close the scene down several times and also search for those stray Iray textures that snook in. The theme is about a misunderstood instruction.

The Day Trip

"I said, dress for the weather!"

Image of the render The Day Trip

Dress-for-the-weatherARTTHREAD.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1013K
    edited November 2021

My submission for Llola Lane's Render a Month Challenge. This month's theme is flesh. The products used are listed in my gallery. I also used @juvesatriani 's !JS Flat - pwToon presets which can be found in the freebies forum.

Infant Bio Maintenance ... AKA 'Babysitting'

Image: Infant Bio Maintenance ... AKA 'Babysitting'

Infant-Bio-MaintenanceWEB.jpg
    2100 x 2100 - 2M
    edited November 2021

Test render using Sasuke and My Shaders. Rendered in Iray with additional outline second render using Scripted 3delight. Full details of products used in my gallery.

Original Iray render:

Original Sasuke render in Iray

Postworked version:

Postworked version of Sasuke

Sasuke-My-ShadersRenderWEB.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 1003K
    Sasuke-My-ShadersWEB.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 2M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Mollytabby said:

I forgot to put this recent image in my thread. Another image using Nida 8 with the HD Add on.

The Search

Gallery image here with list of products used.

I really like this render.  And the character is just really well done.  The expression is perfect

Thank you so much, @IceDragonArt , it's one I really quite proud of. Setting it up pushed my old machine to the limit but I learnt a lot in creating it smiley

edited November 2021

Shelter

A list of the products used can be found in my gallery.

Shelter

ShelterARTThread.jpg
    1400 x 1750 - 2M
    edited December 2021

My submission for Llola Lane's Render a Month Challenge. This month's theme is organic. The list of products used are in my gallery.

Organic

Organic

OrganicWEB.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

Render image of fish created for Lola Lane's Render of the Month Challenge 2024 - Fish

Haven't posted in quite some time. This is a image created for Lola Lane's Render a Month Challenge 2024. January's subject is fish. List of content use is listed in my gallery.

01-24-January-FishWEB.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 854K
  • David RDavid R Posts: 220

Mollytabby said:

My submission for Llola Lane's Render a Month Challenge. This month's theme is organic. The list of products used are in my gallery.

Organic

Organic

Poor Swamp Thing.  laugh

I did make him look a little sad, didn't I.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408

excellent série !

Thank you, Thadeus72 :)

A reworked piece for 'Something Old Becomes Something New' January Daz+ challenge.

Aldo Portrait Created 2018

Portrait of Aldo created in 2018

Original image and links to products in my gallery.

Aldo Portrait Created January 2024

Portrait of Aldo created January 2018

List of products used are listed in my gallery.

18-03-11-ALDO-TEST-1.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 1M
    24 01 14 Aldo Redone WEB.jpg
    1100 x 1430 - 1M