Mollytabby's Art Workshop

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Love your wich! Very well doneyes

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,162

Thank you @SvenDullah smiley

You know how it is, you start out just playing and it ends up being day-long pure fun!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

You know how it is, you start out just playing and it ends up being day-long pure fun!

Yup happens all the timesmiley

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I really enjoy what you are doing with the toons.  I

Those are the best days, when its just fun, AND it turns out amazing lol.

edited October 2018

I don't have a lot of time for personal rendering this week and then I'm away visiting family into November. I submitted this a few days ago as my entry into this month's freebie challenge. It's a fun month with it being 'Monster' themed. It can be found here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/281896/3d-art-freebie-challenge-october-2018-annual-monster-mash-main-thread-only#latest

Monster Rave

Monster-RaveWEB.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
    edited October 2018

I picked up Cartoonized for Genesis 8 Male as soon at it was released. Having already purchased Cartoonized for Genesis 8 Female, I was waiting eagerly for the male version to be released. I'm not disappointed. smiley

This is my first test of using both together, using Novak for Genesis 8 Male and Latonya 8.

Who Are You?

WHO ARE YOU WEB.jpg
    1300 x 1040 - 2M
    edited October 2018

Duplicate post... sometimes I mess up when trying to post images smiley

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,697

I love your render for this month's freebie contest! The one you did for Beach Bum Days was awesome too. 

Love the Monster Mash!  And the toons look awesome!

Thank you @luci45 and @IceDragonArt :) They are my last renders for this month because I'm now on my travels to visit family. I'm going to have serious Daz withdrawal symptoms over the next 10 days!

Have a safe trip and enjoy your family!

edited November 2018

I'm back and happily playing with Daz Studio again smiley

This is a test render of Mei Lin 8 and the Layered Fringe Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 females that came in the Pro Bundle. No post work except for my signature.

Mei-Ling-8WEB.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 810K
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Welcome back.

A little late on commenting on it, but love your Witch and Pumpkins render, as well as the Who are you? one. Monster Rave looks fun too.

Nice work on Mei Lin test render, I'm playing with her too.

Thank you @Noswen, that's so kind of you. smiley  I love the range of art work that can be produced in Daz Studio. It's so much fun I don't think I'll ever tire of it!

I spent the last of my current budget on Mei Lin, but I think I'll get a lot of use out of the Pro Bundle. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with her. smiley I particularly love your fantasy figure renders.

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

The amount of different images that can be made is just mind boggling, I often fall into the trap of looking at something in the store and going 'oooh... I could use that', and then ending up with my stuff than I can use blush, pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

Thanks, a new game should be starting soon so I'll have a new set of not my own characters to try to work out. Having to work out how to make say a half sea elf or a half giant definitely forced me to look at different things last time.

edited November 2018

I couldn't resist playing with Aave Nainen's wonderful freebie dForce Long T-Shirt that she so generously provided as a Holiday 2018 freebie. It takes shaders fabulously. Here I've used new All that Glitters Iray Shaders (recent new PC+ product) and it turned the t-shirt into a fabulous party dress. smiley

18 11 28 TSHIRT.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 699K
    edited March 2019

Haven't posted anything in a while and felt the need to do something creative and fun. I used DP Bestie for The Girl 8 and RareStone's Face Morph Collection for The Girl 8 as the starting point.

Setting up the render turned into something of a kitbashing session and the full list (or as much as I can remember!) is on my gallery page. The concrete deck and railings is the wonderful freebie Concrete Deck and Railing Prop by the3dwizard.

The render was fined tuned using Topaz Studio.

Two-Friends-and-a-Cat.jpg
    1250 x 1625 - 1M
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

They look amazing! And you even got a tabby in there! laugh

TigerAnne said:

They look amazing! And you even got a tabby in there! laugh

Thank you @TigerAnne, that's so kind of you smiley 

I really had to fit a tabby into one of my renders one day. Managed it this time!

I couldn't resist playing with Aave Nainen's wonderful freebie dForce Long T-Shirt that she so generously provided as a Holiday 2018 freebie. It takes shaders fabulously. Here I've used new All that Glitters Iray Shaders (recent new PC+ product) and it turned the t-shirt into a fabulous party dress. smiley

I love this!

Haven't posted anything in a while and felt the need to do something creative and fun. I used DP Bestie for The Girl 8 and RareStone's Face Morph Collection for The Girl 8 as the starting point.

Setting up the render turned into something of a kitbashing session and the full list (or as much as I can remember!) is on my gallery page. The concrete deck and railings is the wonderful freebie Concrete Deck and Railing Prop by the3dwizard.

The render was fined tuned using Topaz Studio.

The addition of the cat really ties it all together.  He is looking at them like, hey,  I'm down here!  Super cute!

Thank you @IceDragonArt smiley

Your lovely comments mean a lot. I adore your work!

Thank you @IceDragonArt smiley

Your lovely comments mean a lot. I adore your work!

Thank you!  

edited April 2019

I popped this into the Genesis 8 Baby thread. It's a quick render (well actually not that quick on my machine!) of Baby Samantha from Small World for Caryn 8 HD and Toby 8 HD. A full list of products used in my gallery. I overdid the lighting and didn't really have machine time to let this render for hours and hours, so this is a little grainy and I've had to do a little post work to bring out the colours. I do like this model and I think she would look a lot better rendered by someone with more expertise in Iray.

Baby-SamanthaWEB.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M

Super cute!  I think you did a great job!

Thank you smiley

edited May 2019

I've posted some toon figure renders on other threads and forgot all about putting them on my art thread (where I'm meant to be keeping a record of my progress!).

Daydreaming

This is Girl 8 modified using Altern8 for Girl 8

DaydreamingWEB.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 865K
    edited May 2019

This is Tika 8 modified using Diva Remix Toons for Tika 8 (another great product from Divamakeup)

Tika-Toon-MollyTabbyWEB.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 793K
    edited May 2019

I posted this one today in Anime Cafe. I've been following this particular Art thread since it started and love all the different styles of rending, partiularly those using Aiko 3. I have no knowledge of Anime but today I just felt inspired enough to use Aiko 3 (who has been in my runtime for ages and probably was wondering why I'd bothered to buy her!) This was rendered in 3Delight with postwork in Photoshop and Nik filters.

Aiko-3-SceneMollyTabbyWeb.jpg
    1280 x 1664 - 2M

This is Tika 8 modified using Diva Remix Toons for Tika 8 (another great product from Divamakeup)

This is gorgeous.  I love her expression and pose and the lighting is really really good.

Thank you @IceDragonArt smiley I decided to give her a little bit of attitude. I think most of the lighting is from Elianeck's Dramatic Lights for Iray but I can't be certain because I was playing around with all sorts of lighting. I've only just started experimenting with actual lights because I've mostly relied on HDRs and ghost lights until now.