Mollytabby's Art Workshop

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

Thank you @Wanderer and @Midget smiley

edited May 2018

Love At First Sight

Jonah didn't believe in love at first sight ... until he saw Edie dancing at the end of the pier.

Love-at-First-Sight-web.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
    edited May 2018

Used V3Digitimes Iray Smart Converter and Advanced Skin Managers for Genesis 2 on FWSA Effie for Keiko 6 and the Spears Set I got free for being PC member.

Stealth

stealth-finalweb.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 780K
    edited June 2018

The Last Line of Defence

@IceDragonArt has some wonderful renders using Generation 4 figures in her art thread and it has encouraged me to buy some and try them out for myself.

This is Modern Muses Bastienne Character and Clothing Bundle which is currently $1.99 if you hav PC membership. She's an absolute bargain. I've had to try and grasp the fundermentals of converting to Iray for both the figure and the clothes. I tried everything I could think of to get round an issue I had with the eyebrows but in the end I had to paint them in. Everytime I applied the Iray conversion the eyebrows disappeared and everytime I tried to put them back I ended up with 3Delight eyebrows or a black patch on her face. Other than that issue, she has a wonderful range of make up options and tattoos and I love the way she worked out for this render. Postwork was done in Photoshop.

18-06-02-LAST-LINE-OF-DEFENCEweb.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    edited June 2018

@Gigi_FenixPhoenix is building up a fantastic resource of images for the settings in dForce Master - Colth Simulation Presets. I've had the product since it came out and wasn't really using it properly and as a result I've not used it for a while. Gigi_FenixPhoenix's thread has changed that. I recently picked up some dresses in one of the V4 sales and hadn't used them yet. This is Rose Dress for V4 with dForce applied through dForce Master, using Gigi_FenixPHoenix's image guide to decide which preset to use. 

I'm really pleased with outcome. 

18 06 03 Rose Dress dForce test.jpg
    700 x 1133 - 281K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love the look on Jonah's face!  Its perfect.  Your toon with the spear really looks like she is very intent on something.  I kind of feel sorry for whatever she is sneaking up on!  Gorgeous render of Bastienne.  Some of the V4 character's options don't always work in Studio with Iray even when converted as they were intended for Poser.  Which might be the problem with her eyebrows.  There are a couple more items that don't do well, I can't think of what it was that I had such a hard time with, I think it was eyebrows as well.  @dracorn figured out how to get them to work, it involved moving the maps to a different slot in the shaders tab.  If I can find the post I will add it here.

And I saw the thread on that product and will be using that as a reference myself as I too was not getting the most out of that particular product.  Great product just a little confusin.

@ArtDragonArt I'm really getting into using older generations since I started following your thread. It sort of removes all the problems of trying to get things to fit (even though I have loads of fit morphs) if I use the right generation. Plus, I really need to use some of these free bundles I've been getting! You've started me on a quest, lol. 

If you can find @dracon's solution to the brows that would be brilliant, but I know you are really busy so don't worry if you haven't got the time. It will test my forum search skills trying to find it myself! It's always amazing what else I also find when I'm trying to find something. 

Fishtales said:

It looks like it might be :-) @Fishtales you are a star!

I'm sort of going cross-eyed reading it ... I have a lot to learn but this is why I'm trying all this. If I can master some of the basics my renders will be so much better smiley (I hope!). 

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287
    edited June 2018

This is fantastic!  Love the postwork too

Post edited by themidget on

Thank you @themidget, she really is a beautiful model. The PC+ pricing made it possible to take the risk of trying an older generation. She was only 

$1.99 including the outfit. The outfit colours influenced my hair shader choice and the post work effects :-)

Fishtales said:

Thank you!  That is it.  And it made me go a bit cross eyed as well lol. 

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@Mollytabby - You're posting great stuff here. Please keep going. Keep making great art! I think your works are all very imaginative, and these characters are very interesting to me.

Thank you @Wanderer, that’s so kind of you smiley

I’m on holiday now for the next two weeks and will be away for some of that time, but I’m going to try to open up Daz Studio whenever I get the chance. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Barbequing dragon cracks me up!

Love the Effie render.  Pefect expression and pose.  The character is right up my alley as well.

Bastienne looks great.  Wonderful post work.  That one could make a good book cover I think.

Gave a great holiday!

Thank you @Worlds_Edge smiley I'm trying all sorts of things in Daz Studio, it's so much fun and really pushing me to learn it in more detail. I have a soft spot for Effie because she is so different, but to be honest I love so many different models because of the way you can change them depending on the genre and mood.

edited June 2018

The Girl 8 reshaded with Manga Marker Materials for Genesis 8 Female. I really do love this shader pack!

1. Version 1: No postwork.

2. With a postworked image background (Photoshop).

SaveSave

The-Girl-Manga-Markers-1b.jpg
    1500 x 2121 - 2M
    The-Girl-Manga-Markers-postwork.jpg
    1500 x 2121 - 2M
    edited June 2018

This is my entry to the 3D Art Freebie Challenge - June 2018 - Beach Bum Days. I was on holiday for almost two weeks and it was good to get back to using Daz Studio and have a bit of fun smiley. I love the freebie contest because it pushes me to learn new skills.

The Great Escape

Claire was secretly pleased when she spotted the bait making a bid for freedom.

18 06 23 The Great Escape.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    edited June 2018

Girl With The Ribbon In Her Hair

I picked up Lyonness's Boom Chica Morphs HD for Genesis 8 Female this week. This is my first test using Morph 1 head and body settings.

18-06-26-Girl-with-the-ribbon-in-her-hair.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    edited July 2018

Eren, picked up in the fast grab today, rendered using Rim Light Rig Iray to light the scene along with a HDRI. The backdrop is a freebie on which I placed an image from Pixabay.

I have a soft spot for toon style characters and Eren will definately add to my Genesis 3 toon gene pool.

1. Eren - pure render with no postwork

2. Eren with some postwork in Photoshop, including a couple of Nik Filters.

Her hair is Textured Bob Hair for Genesis 8 and 3 females.

18 07 11 Eren no postwork.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    18 07 11 Eren.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 857K
    edited August 2018

I've been away for a few days so I wasn't able to play with my new purchase of Colorwerks Hair Shaders until now. This is my first quick test on Dax Hair for Genesis 3 and I really like how they work. I've always felt that out of the box this hair looked a little dry so I've never really used it much. Colorwerks has made a huge difference even though I haven't really made done very much to get the best out of the product.

I have several different hair shader sets, and I don't see me giving them them up because different renders call for different approaches, but I can see Colorwerks becoming my shader set of preference in a lot of cases. I really do like how these shaders work. Also I think, given more practice, I'll get a lot better effects.

Aiko in Blue 1500.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 800K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

She's cute. Nicely done!

edited August 2018

Thank you @Knittingmommy smiley.

I'm loving the Colorwerks shaders. It's amazing how it's possible to change hair so radically with these and to be honest I hadn't used Aiko 8 very much either. There are so many things in my runtime I've barely touched!

Edited to say that it's Aiko 7 and not 8!

Thank you @Knittingmommy smiley.

I'm loving the Colorwerks shaders. It's amazing how it's possible to change hair so radically with these and to be honest I hadn't used Aiko 8 very much either. There are so many things in my runtime I've barely touched!

I agree. I love the new shaders. Their fabulous and I've been having fun with them, too.

I really like the saturated colors you used for Eren.  And while I havent had a chance to use the Colorwerks much yet either I think its going to be very useful.  I love the hair you did with it.  Also, you can always use just the shine part with other shaders as well.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Really enjoying your artwork.  Great work.  Got a good laugh from The Great Escape.  Nicely done.

edited August 2018

Thank you @IceDragonArt and @Diomede, you've really made my day smiley. I don't really get much time at the moment to do personal artwork, it's more like experimentation at the moment. So much to learn and not enough time to do it, lol. 

edited August 2018

A Study

Over the past ten months I've gradually picked up quite a range of products, some when first launched but mostly I pick things up in sales. Sometimes I take a risk but often it's because the product has good reviews or I loved it's use in an image in the gallery. Yesterday I picked up Skin Builder 8 for Genesis 8 Female(s) - it was an immediate purchase for me because I'm starting to experiment more with figures. However I realised I hadn't really used Skin Builder 3 and thought I really should rememdy this before I move on to Genesis 8. The image below is the result of a few hours work last night. I'll definately be using it more from now on because I have so many great G3F figures I've picked up through free bundles. I like having the ability to create a unique characters and I wish I'd had the courage to do more before now.

For those who are interested these are the products I used:

Distinctive HD Faces and Bodies for Genesis 3 Female

Victoria 7

FW Sushmita HD for Victoria 7 and Her Jewelry

Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs

Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Project EYEray - Eye Material Suite and Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female and Male

Classic Bob Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

FSL Ultra Layered Makeups for Genesis 3 and 8 Female

First Date Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Morphalynn: 127 Head and Face Morphs for G3F

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/69268/morphalynn-127-head-and-face-morphs-for-g3f

skinbuilder3G3Fweb.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 624K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Wow @Mollytabby what a great render and that skin is just "holy cow" so reslistic!!!!

She looks fabulous. I still have Skin Builder 8 sitting in my cart and will be checking out today so I haven't played with it yet. Hopefully, I can get something that looks almost as good as yours.