Mollytabby's Art Workshop

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That looks fantastic!  You've managed to do a great redhead's skin which is not easy!  I'm hoping that once summer winds down a bit more I will have more time for some personal artwork and experimentation myself.  I did pick up Skin Builder 8 but haven't even had a chance to look at it yet lol.  There are certain things that really intimidate me in the program, I keep telling myself to just jump in and do it but I can circle around things for months before finally trying it lol.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

Thank you @Saphirewild, @Knittingmommy and @IceDragonArt, I really appreciate the kind comments. The products produced by the wonderful PA's make all the difference. I'm really loving the skin builder product and it's giving me the confidence to move out of my comfort zone and not wholly rely on standard figures. 

I'm sorry I've taken so long to respond but I've been away for a few days. I'm now suffering from Daz withdrawal symptoms, lol. 

Haha I get those withdrawal symptons too.  No worries, we all disappear for a bit when real life calls.

edited August 2018

With the PA sale starting yesterday (my first as I didn't discover Daz Studio until last October) I picked up Mr Scallywags and the textures for Crimson Seas for Genesis 3 Males, which meant I got the two weapons packs and Joonie for Aiko 8 for free.

This is a quick (and quite small) render of my new products using the new Luminosity Black light set that was at a great price at the weekend. I wasn't going to buy it just yet, then I saw a thread in the commons showing what could be done with the lights and changed my mind. 

The posing of the figures is very minimum I'm afraid, and I've set them against DM's Drake Tower which isn't even Iray. Joonie is wearing the Dragon Tamer Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Pony Knots hair coloured using Colorwerks.

The following post work images are a bit of light fun to see what can be done with the base render. 

1. Pure render and no post work.

2. Postwork using Nik Filters and then a watercolour effect.

3. The same postwork with Nik Filters and Ink Outline effect.

I'm using a Mac and the low poly skeleton is really useful for me. It isn't meant to be used for closeup work but rather for large groups of background figures, but with paint effects Mr Scallywags comes up very nice. @Midnight_stories has done a brilliant job with this product. There are premade scenes and piles of skeleton bones and lots of morphs and some different shaders. Normally I can't do lots of figures in one scene without doing all the posing in separate files and them merging them in and hoping the machine won't crash. These skeleton sets looks like they will work will work without having to do this. I'm definItely looking at putting the other skelEtons into my wish list to pick up for close up work.

Joonie-and-Mr-Scallywagswebnp.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 872K
    Joonie-and-Scallywags-watercolour.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    Joonie-and-Mr-ScallywagsPW.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Looking good, I know you said it was a quick render, but those expressions they have are making me wonder what's going on there smiley

Thank you @Noswen. I love playing with expressions. 

Love the ink outline! (like them all but this one the best).  Midnight Stories does great work. I have his other skeleton stuff and am seriously trying to talk myself out of getting this one lol.  Its got a great selection of bone piles.

Thank you @IceDragonArt, I like the ink outline one too. I'm playing around with different filters to try and widen the style of my artwork. This was only a quick test but it's amazing the difference filters make even on a pretty basic render.

I must admit now I have the low res skeleton set I really want to start collecting the rest of Midnight Stories skeletons. The morphs and shaders are really well thought out on this and I suspect the other sets are just as well put together. 

Thank you @IceDragonArt, I like the ink outline one too. I'm playing around with different filters to try and widen the style of my artwork. This was only a quick test but it's amazing the difference filters make even on a pretty basic render.

I must admit now I have the low res skeleton set I really want to start collecting the rest of Midnight Stories skeletons. The morphs and shaders are really well thought out on this and I suspect the other sets are just as well put together. 

Yes, even one or two filters can totally change the whole thing. So much fun lol.

And yes, they are just as well put together lol.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I have to agree, I like the Ink Outline one best. Very nicely done. It's so crisp and detailed!  yes

Thank you @Novica. I'm planning to explore a little more outline work. I've been following the outline discussion today smiley

edited September 2018

Dwayne 8 giving me a list of all the additional G3M clothes he wants me to buy now that I have Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male.

If I had unlimited funds I'd buy everything right now by @RiverSoftArt. As it is, I don't ... so it's one purchase at a time. This is just as brilliant as the G3F to G8F converter.

Dwayne-in-his-new-clothesWEB.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 715K
  • Dwayne 8 giving me a list of all the additional G3M clothes he wants me to buy now that I have Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male.

If I had unlimited funds I'd buy everything right now by @RiverSoftArt. As it is, I don't ... so it's one purchase at a time. This is just as brilliant as the G3F to G8F converter.

Great toon render of Dwayne. I too have purchased Riversoft's most recent conversion tool for G8 but haven't had a chance to try it. It looks like it did a wonderful conversion job.

Trish

Thank you so much @Stormlyght smiley.

I love RiverSoftArt's conversion tool, there's no autofit to worry about and all the morphs and fitting controls are there on conversion. I did some minor tweeking on this one, but no more than I'd do on any outfit on a non-stardard figure in unusual poses. And Dwayne 8 is definately non-standard, lol.

• Cool! I've been debating getting this or not. Can you do a screenshot of what the outfit looked like on Dwayne without the conversion script?

Hi @Knittingmommy, screenshots are attached.

For most of the outfit, the autofit of the G3M outfit works reasonably well. However, with the teeshirt and the underarms of the vest there is a strange distortion going on.

From my point of view with RiversoftArt's conversion product is that I don't have to go through the whole autofit process, everthing loads onto the figure with the GM8 converted file. No hassle at all and very quick. With this particular outfit, I didn't get anywhere near as bad a problem with the vest and t-shirt with the converted set - I just had to do a little tweaking to adjust for some pokethough. I do have a raft of Sickleyield's products as well though which may be helping in the background.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 13.41.03.png
    1330 x 1964 - 624K
    Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 13.41.31.png
    1334 x 1938 - 593K
    Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 13.42.51.png
    1438 x 1076 - 582K
    edited September 2018

Over on her thread @Novica has challenged us to convert something we'd already done to a toon. I totally misread this and created a toon and because I don't have Sketch Toon Edge and Art Style Shaders I used pwToon instead. Ah well, I should have re-read the challenge before I started, lol. I also used Manga Marker Shaders to change the eyes, brows and lashes before I did the pwToon shader work. The model is Dolly for Genesis 8 female.

It took me quite a few hours and I haven't really mastered the eyes with the pwToon shaders, but I'm happy with the way it turned out given this was a bit of relaxing fun.

OutlinestyleWEB.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 2M
  • Hi @Knittingmommy, screenshots are attached.

For most of the outfit, the autofit of the G3M outfit works reasonably well. However, with the teeshirt and the underarms of the vest there is a strange distortion going on.

From my point of view with RiversoftArt's conversion product is that I don't have to go through the whole autofit process, everthing loads onto the figure with the GM8 converted file. No hassle at all and very quick. With this particular outfit, I didn't get anywhere near as bad a problem with the vest and t-shirt with the converted set - I just had to do a little tweaking to adjust for some pokethough. I do have a raft of Sickleyield's products as well though which may be helping in the background.

Thanks! I think I'll go ahead and pick it up while it's on sale today. 

edited September 2018

I bought the Latonya Pro Bundle this morning. The discount was very good and I also got two G3M pro bundles free. I posted this in the Latonya 8 thread in the commons but I wanted to put here too so that I have a record of my continuing progress with rendering. This is using the HD add-on which I added to the bundle along with a couple of other Latonya items. Otherwise she is as she came out of the box with Latonya Face 03 eyebrows. The lighting is Portrait Lights Set 01 by @agentunawares.

Latonya-8-HDweb.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 990K
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

I saw this image in the Latonya thread and it was one of the ones that convinced me to get it.

edited September 2018

@Noswen, I think she's really lovely and a great addition my G8F collection. I 'liked' your render in the gallery, it's truly beautiful.

• Yougave her a wonderfully natural smile!

Yougave her a wonderfully natural smile!

I can't take credit for that one @IceDragonArt - it's one from the Pro Bundle smiley. I normally play around making my own expressions or I use RiverSoftArts Expression Mixer. With Latonya I decided to use everything from the bundle. 

edited September 2018

After telling myself not spend any more of my store credit, I broke when I saw what DivaMakeup and Wonderland were doing with Thorne's new figure, Luca. I'd put him on my wish list but seeing the mixing of morphs going on in the Luca thread made me think about him again. 

I wanted to make him a little more hard core ... a bit of 'bad boy' but cute at the same time. I've posted this on the Luca thread in The Commons, but I'm putting it here as a record of my learning with Daz Studio. Here Luca is mixed predominately with @DarwinMishap's Stryker.

Older-version-of-Luca-WEB.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 529K
  • After telling myself not spend any more of my store credit, I broke when I saw what DivaMakeup and Wonderland were doing with Thorne's new figure, Luca. I'd put him on my wish list but seeing the mixing of morphs going on in the Luca thread made me think about him again. 

I wanted to make him a little more hard core ... a bit of 'bad boy' but cute at the same time. I've posted this on the Luca thread in The Commons, but I'm putting it here as a record of my learning with Daz Studio. Here Luca is mixed predominately with @DarwinMishap's Stryker.

This is very very cool!  He looks amazing!  I'm still on the fence as to me he is very young looking but this, this is very close to putting me on the other side of things and picking him up.

@IceDragonArt, I really wanted an older looking figure and when saw what others were doing with mixing figures I decided to pop Luca into my basket. The problem is there are so many good figures at the moment I'm really having to restrain myself!

edited September 2018

Having had some fun with pwToon, I picked up Visual Style Shaders when they in Fast Grab. Today I've been experimenting with them and I'm finding I really like them. I picked up the Manga Style Shaders too but I haven't had much time to look at those yet.

Fascination

Facination1800web.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 875K
  • Nice!  Looks like they work very well!

• After telling myself not spend any more of my store credit, I broke when I saw what DivaMakeup and Wonderland were doing with Thorne's new figure, Luca. I'd put him on my wish list but seeing the mixing of morphs going on in the Luca thread made me think about him again. 

This is very very cool!  He looks amazing!  I'm still on the fence as to me he is very young looking but this, this is very close to putting me on the other side of things and picking him up.

I know and a surprising amount of male figures for a change!

Nice!  Looks like they work very well!

You have to put a lot of time in to get a good result, but they opening up a lot of new possibilities. I still have to try out the Manga Shaders but I'm leaving that for a bit while I play with other things. I've been picking up more older Genesis 3 toon related bargains in the PA sale.

The male figures are very good. I got Novak the day he was released and I can see myself using his character quite a lot. I love what you've done with him and want to put some time into doing something with him at some stage soon. I could do with being magically showered with money so that I can get a second computer to render on while I set up scenes, lol.