Mollytabby's Art Workshop

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

LOL, my sleep patterns are all off and I often pop onto my machine at something like 2 am for 20 minutes (telling myself it will make me sleepy again) ... suddenly four hours goes by!

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@Mollytabby - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've been working so hard on my new user challenge image that I was beginning to worry I'd never get around to doing that freebie dragon challenge. After seeing how lovely your image is, I'm thinking maybe I'll just skip it. That's really cool. Nicely done.

Don’t skip it @Wanderer you do wonderful renders! 

Thanks! It means a lot that you think so. Your work has a certain charm to it that I feel my renders lack. Maybe I will after all.

Thanks! It means a lot that you think so. Your work has a certain charm to it that I feel my renders lack. Maybe I will after all.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Your dragon/tea render is wonderful.  Creative, and like something out of a story book.  I agree with Wanderer that your renders have a special "oomph/"

Thank you @Wanderer and @Worlds_Edge smiley I usually think about what I'm going to do for a few days and somewhere in that thinking time I suddenly get a spark of an idea. I sort of build around that 'spark'. What I really struggle with is doing something 'gritty'. They tend to end up cute!

Lol... and I have the exact opposite problem. Just kidding. Well, it's certainly something.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Love your dragon.  Does it do coffee as well?

edited May 2018

@themidget, of course. Barbeques too ... and it's rumoured that he secretly works as a Michellin-starred chef three nights a week ;-)

18 05 19 CHEF DRAGON.jpg
    500 x 750 - 473K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on

@themidget, of course. Barbeques too ... and it's rumoured that he secretly works as a Michellin-starred chef three nights a week ;-)

laughlaughlaugh

Hahaha... I love that. Well done. Bravo, @Mollytabby. Bravo.

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Love the helpful dragon images! laugh

He's quite a character, lol smiley

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love this!  the expression is perfect! 

I couldn't resist! smileysmileylaugh

edited May 2018

A practice piece using Lara.

18 05 16 LARA lineart test.jpg
    600 x 849 - 503K

She is so cute.  Did you post process to get the cartoon effect or is it a Daz filter?

It’s post work in Photoshop @themidget, using edge detect to create the lines.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Reminds me of Chef Ramsy of Hell's Kitchen!!

Very well done!!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

A practice piece using Lara.

She is way too cute Molly!!!

Reminds me of Chef Ramsy of Hell's Kitchen!!

laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

edited May 2018

Dragon Marked

Dragon-Marked-FINALWEB.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

The Perfect Brew

To make a good cup of tea … first warm the pot.

This is my entry for the monthly competition over in the freebies forum. Mythical Dragon obviously isn't free but the rules allow for 5 paid for items. This is a tough competition. It's really hard not to automatically use those products that make life a lot easier when using Daz Studio. Also, I spent days searching for free items. I had a great time and made a long list which I then used to whittle down to the ones I actually used. It's amazing how generous people are in providing figures, props and clothes etc. for free. I've learned an awful lot working on this one.

Now that made me smile! Fantastic job with this one. :) I like the dragon one with the chef hat, too. That was inspired. 

I like what you did with Lara. I love playing with that types of post-processing. Okay, I'll admit I haven't seen any of your things I don't like. But, this....

Dragon Marked

Wow!!! You really outdid yourself there. I love that. I would so love to be able to do that someday. 

Aww thank you @Knittingmommy, you have no idea how much your kind words mean to me! I'm always in awe of what you create whenever I see your images. I loved the one you did for the RiverSoft competition and would love to be able to acheive the soft and gentle contemplation of that render.

I still have a huge amount to learn but I feel a lot more comfortable with using the programme. I suspect I'll never really master it, though, lol. Most of my gains are through 'trial and error' just like they are when I use PhotoShop. I've been using PhotoShop for years and I'm still clicking on settings to find out what happens smiley Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's disasterous. That's what I love about digital artwork, you never stop learning.

Dragon Marked

This is stunning

Than you @IceDragonArt, that means a lot to me. I adore your work!

Than you @IceDragonArt, that means a lot to me. I adore your work!

Thank you so much!  It still totally freaks me out to hear people say stuff like that lol.  It does make my day though lol.

Dragon Marked

Okay, I'm late to the show, and feel like I'm just echoing others, BUT this is simply wonderful. Everything works together so well. The dragon's skin, the gleam on the blade, the woman's tattoo and look. Very nice indeed. Keep it up!

Ditto everybody else on Dragon Marked.