This is Alabama used with Genesis 8.1 Female

LinensofaAlabama.jpg
    826 x 771 - 149K
    Post edited by sueya on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited January 2021

sueya said:

This is Alabama used with Genesis 8.1 Female

nice btw how you finding it creating using 8.1 versions, I've gotten to use most content including previous generations hair and clothes ok posing for most part works expressions limited though and I haven't gotten to work out how to use that face rig thing

Mod Edit,  to sort out the quoting

Post edited by Chohole on
  • A Touch Of Beatriche

blonde is the G8 version redhead is on the G8.1 base

A Touch Of Beatriche.jpg
    2009 x 2513 - 3M
    edited January 2021

strike a pose Jessamy

as with most of my renders there's another version on my da page

strike a pose Jessamy.jpg
    2009 x 952 - 2M
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,109
    edited January 2021

That is a nice pose. Well executed. The only comment I could have is that her left foot doesn't seem to be resting on the pavement. It's a possible pose, but probably less comfortable than with the little toe/side of foot, heel (maybe) & ankle resting on the ground.

I fear Jessamy is another, not too individual, member of the Mousso family. The promo pages really don't make her look too different from the last few Mousso's released. Of them all, I think Romina, Reese, Albany & Gail are the most distinctive caucasian members of the family and are accompanied by quite a few similar sisters (not clones, because they aren't), but the family resemblance is extremely strong in some of the more recent releases. Does anyone else feel this, or am I seeing something that's not there? Personally, I think the family resemblensce means they share very attractive genes, but... there are a lot who look to me to be quite similar.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

richardandtracy said:

That is a nice pose. Well executed. The only comment I could have is that her left foot doesn't seem to be resting on the pavement. It's a possible pose, but probably less comfortable than with the little toe/side of foot, heel (maybe) & ankle resting on the ground.

I fear Jessamy is another, not too individual, member of the Mousso family. The promo pages really don't make her look too different from the last few Mousso's released. Of them all, I think Romina, Reese, Albany & Gail are the most distinctive caucasian members of the family and are accompanied by quite a few similar sisters (not clones, because they aren't), but the family resemblance is extremely strong in some of the more recent releases. Does anyone else feel this, or am I seeing something that's not there? Personally, I think the family resemblensce means they share very attractive genes, but... there are a lot who look to me to be quite similar.

Regards,

Richard.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. I find that with a lot of character creators, though - after a while they all just kind of look the same. They're still top quality, but they tend to use the same base for the skin textures, same workflow, etc

I will say that I find Mousso to be one of the ones that changes up their makeup more than most of the other "big" character vendors. There's several that come to mind that use almost the exact same makeup options for almost all of their characters. There's quite a few of Mousso's that do this as well, but there's also a low that do something different. And I mean there's only so much you can do, really, especially in keeping the character in line with like an every-day kind of use. 

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited January 2021

Thyranq said:

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. I find that with a lot of character creators, though - after a while they all just kind of look the same. They're still top quality, but they tend to use the same base for the skin textures, same workflow, etc

I will say that I find Mousso to be one of the ones that changes up their makeup more than most of the other "big" character vendors. There's several that come to mind that use almost the exact same makeup options for almost all of their characters. There's quite a few of Mousso's that do this as well, but there's also a low that do something different. And I mean there's only so much you can do, really, especially in keeping the character in line with like an every-day kind of use. 

Still, Mousso's characters do differ, more than from other PA's. And, the textures are great for playing around with. I have used Mousso's Aakash skin, modified it with Skin Builder a bit (added freckles and moles) and put on a G8.1 base plus dialed in a few other morphs. Not perfect, though. The new skin shaders are a bit "unusual" to use...

G8.1F_experiment.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • thanks guys, well started with a premade pose and altered to this had bit of trouble getting it. Used a primitive plane under her to line her up and to dforce that dress so it wouldn't go through the ground. Was the closest I could get the leg/foot in that position with out part of her leg or foot going through the ground which would probably wouldn't be problem if on beach or part water but solid ground hard to avoid plus this is one of those you don't see until rendered even in preview doesn't reveal too much

Nice render Mark

edited January 2021

Memphis Mousso

added hair painted on using particle shop plug in for paintshop pro 2021, kinda went overboard on it

Memphis Mousso.jpg
    2009 x 2237 - 2M
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,109
    edited January 2021

Boy, if that's not overboard, then I don't know what is. Looks impressive.

I don't want to give the impression I'm criticizing Mousso, because I am not. The characters are nice, and some very nice. But with some you know at first glance 'Reese', 'Albany' or 'Romina'. The others are less distinct and don't stand out too much to me. The makup, and fibremesh goodies I use on so many characters, fantastic bits & bobs they are. I've saved almost every ready made character I have as a scene subset pre-loaded with Rhogue's vellus hair and arm peach fuzz. It's just quite a few no-longer stand out from the crowd of their sisters. Had they been the ones to be release first, I'm sure I'd be raving about them, but they weren't.

You know, I forgot Rhogue. She is also distinctive like Romina.

Other artists do have a problem with extreme similarity as opposed to a strong family resemblance, and I have to mention a name here; FWSA. There are a few G3F characters by FWSA where I struggle to tell how they're different from ones I do have. More like clones than sisters. Mousso's characters are never closer than sisters, though they do exhibit rather more similarity than my daughters (one is ginger, 5'11", weighs 14 stone [180lb], while the younger is blonde, 5'6" and weights 7 stone [90 lb]) and people are frequently astonished they're related.

Oh, I'll shut up. I have probably put my foot far enough into my mouth for one day.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

richardandtracy said:

Boy, if that's not overboard, then I don't know what is. Looks impressive.

I don't want to give the impression I'm criticizing Mousso, because I am not. The characters are nice, and some very nice. But with some you know at first glance 'Reese', 'Albany' or 'Romina'. The others are less distinct and don't stand out too much to me. The makup, and fibremesh goodies I use on so many characters, fantastic bits & bobs they are. I've saved almost every ready made character I have as a scene subset pre-loaded with Rhogue's vellus hair and arm peach fuzz. It's just quite a few no-longer stand out from the crowd of their sisters. Had they been the ones to be release first, I'm sure I'd be raving about them, but they weren't.

You know, I forgot Rhogue. She is also distinctive like Romina.

Other artists do have a problem with extreme similarity as opposed to a strong family resemblance, and I have to mention a name here; FWSA. There are a few G3F characters by FWSA where I struggle to tell how they're different from ones I do have. More like clones than sisters. Mousso's characters are never closer than sisters, though they do exhibit rather more similarity than my daughters (one is ginger, 5'11", weighs 14 stone [180lb], while the younger is blonde, 5'6" and weights 7 stone [90 lb]) and people are frequently astonished they're related.

Oh, I'll shut up. I have probably put my foot far enough into my mouth for one day.

Regards,

Richard.

Yes, precisely

I don't want to give the vibe that I'm bashing or criticizing. And as I mentioned, I think Mousso does one of the best jobs with variety when it comes to the big character vendors, and I mean really there's bound to be some look-a-likes along the way anyway, especially when someone is making as many characters as she is. 

• AndricausAndricaus Posts: 108
    edited January 2021

@ANGELREAPER1972 Thanks! laugh

Here's Dior as Death (from Sandman). She's one of the Mousso girls that stand out to me. I concur that some characters just sorta blur together, however, doesn't make them any less impressive!

Death Takes A Holiday.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 917K
    Post edited by Andricaus on
  • RenderScot said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RenderScot said:

hiya thanks everyone  yer  messaged Mousso  direct and it is Goldy over at rendo    goes to show some of the old ones are still stunning if  rendered right :)

Did Mousso give any hints on the effort of fitting the G2 hair? It really looks great on Lux.... but almost ANY hair does. 

Basically just autofitted hair mid length and this is the result    no postwork  Michiko by Mousso lovely character 

So my question becomes how is the Goldy hair mirrored in the Lux picture?

If it's just flipped, she's probably just inverted the x-axis scale.

On the parameters tab, click the menu button and "Show Hidden Properties" and then you can alter the XYZ scales, set the X-Scale value to -100

Can't say for sure that's what's happened here, as she sometimes reshapes some stuff in Zbrush, but I know for a fact that she's done it like that before as well.

• Charlie66Charlie66 Posts: 10
    edited February 2021

I'm just approached to 3D rendering world and I own some Mousso's characters.

From my personal point of view they're really excellents in 3D modeling and Textures. 

Here's Memphis in a provocative portrait with some textures personal adjustment.

Iray-2-2.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 424K
    Post edited by Charlie66 on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,439

Here's a portrait of Albany.  She has a very distinctive look to her, very charming.

Albany.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 6M
  • Charlie66 that's awesome. The skin translucency makes for a really delicate and fragile look.

Fae.. superb. It's hard to do a bad image of Albany, but you've made her look delightful and up to some mischief.

Regards,

Richard.

• DrakenhawkeDrakenhawke Posts: 48
    edited January 2021

Damn. Nevermind.

Post edited by Drakenhawke on

richardandtracy said:

Charlie66 that's awesome. The skin translucency makes for a really delicate and fragile look.

Fae.. superb. It's hard to do a bad image of Albany, but you've made her look delightful and up to some mischief.

Regards,

Richard.

Thank you very much!  She is pretty easy to work with ^_^

• richardandtracy said:

Charlie66 that's awesome. The skin translucency makes for a really delicate and fragile look.

Thanks richardandtracy, this is exactly the sensation I was looking to transmit to the viewer smiley

Mousso's textures and characters make all easier smiley

• richardandtracy said:

Thanks richardandtracy, this is exactly the sensation I was looking to transmit to the viewer smiley

Mousso's textures and characters make all easier smiley

• nice renders Charlie66, Faeofthe3rdDimension and Andricaus

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

nice renders Charlie66, Faeofthe3rdDimension and Andricaus

Thank you! ^_^

• ANGELREAPER1972 said:

nice renders Charlie66, Faeofthe3rdDimension and Andricaus

Thanks smiley 

edited February 2021

New character Beatriche in a outdoor photoshoot session at sunrise on the US Eastern coast beaches.

Bp-1.jpg
    1440 x 1920 - 3M
    edited February 2021

New character Beatriche in a outdoor photoshoot session at sunrise on the US Eastern coast beaches.

Bp-02-022021.jpg
    3072 x 4096 - 2M

Charlie66 said:

This is simply gorgeous!  What a great render!  I especially love the lighting and expression.

If you don't mind me asking, what is that beautiful swimsuit?  I don't think I've seen that one before.

edited February 2021

Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

Charlie66 said:

This is simply gorgeous!  What a great render!  I especially love the lighting and expression.

If you don't mind me asking, what is that beautiful swimsuit?  I don't think I've seen that one before.

Faeofthe3rdDimension, Thanks for the appreciation, this is my render N° 22 since I started to play with Daz Studio  smiley

I still have a lot to learn.... 

The swimsuit is "Frully Swimsuit" By Lully

The textures pack is "Breeze" By Luna3D 

Charlie66 said:

Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

Charlie66 said:

Faeofthe3rdDimension, Thanks for the appreciation, this is my render N° 22 since I started to play with Daz Studio  smiley

I still have a lot to learn.... 

The swimsuit is "Frully Swimsuit" By Lully

The textures pack is "Breeze" By Luna3D 

Thank you!  I just found you on DeviantArt too, completely by accident in the "recommended for you" section!  So I'll be watching your work with interest ^_^

• if that is only your 22nd render Charlie66 I'd say your a very fast learner and natural at this greatrenders