Ladies AND Laddies of Mousso appreciation thread

Comments

• Charlie 66, I am amazed. I was imagining you to be a long term DS user who had only just decided to join in on the forum. The precision and quality of your images is amazing. Regards, Richard.
  • Faeofthe3rdDimension said:

This is simply gorgeous!  What a great render!  I especially love the lighting and expression.

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

if that is only your 22nd render Charlie66 I'd say your a very fast learner and natural at this greatrenders

richardandtracy said:

Charlie 66, I am amazed. I was imagining you to be a long term DS user who had only just decided to join in on the forum. The precision and quality of your images is amazing. Regards, Richard.

Thank you so much, I didn't think I had gone this far in such a short time ....blush

I started using DAZ Studio to create models for 3d printing just over a year ago, I have been a hobbyist model maker for many years, I have worked mainly with Exagon and I only use Studio to pose subjects and create compositions.
    Since it was impossible to use Exagon on mac due to its 32-bit structure not supported by new operating systems, I have switched to Blender ....
    I also have a hobby of photography and have always wondered how far one could go, in terms of photorealism, with digital rendering programs.
    About 6 months ago I started doing "photography" with Daz Studio with the aim of creating photos as realistic as possible.
    On this, after many tests to recreate fidelity on human skin, I realized that a lot of work must be done in creating the textures (as realistic as possible), setting them correctly in Daz Studio (... here you have to get lost with the huge amount of settings) and in telling to "Iray" how to use them ....

Well, back on topic, I realized the great work Mousso does not only on the superb quality of the models but mainly on the great quality of the textures and surface settings of the model which are ready to render with very few adjustments.

This is why I decided to post my appreciation of Mousso's work in this tread.

• Charlie66Charlie66 Posts: 10
    edited February 2021

Another Portrait....

Sherilynn

And the original idea.....

Swlc-1.jpg
    3072 x 4096 - 6M
    Screensave.jpg
    2354 x 1336 - 682K
    Post edited by Charlie66 on
  • Pandora with the new eyes from the natural 2 product   some amazing renders here as usual  and welcome Charlie66  to the madness and money draining world of Daz lol

• Charlie66 said:

Another Portrait....

Sherilynn

And the original idea.....

wow you did great replicating this in every way and detail

• RenderScot said:

Pandora with the new eyes from the natural 2 product   some amazing renders here as usual  and welcome Charlie66  to the madness and money draining world of Daz lol

she looks great

• .1ok got some info for you all in case your wondering Pandora as posted render from @RendorScot  has posted is the latest from Mousso and yes she is using the Genesis 8.1 base I've asked and Daz is wanting vendors now to mainly use the Genesis 8.1 base especially those that become buyouts/ daz originals so mostly will be Genesis 8.1 versions only but she will be still has some that are both gen 8 and gen 8.1 versions atleast we have the base gen 8.1 in our free starter essentials so we can use them

• junkjunk Posts: 1,245
    edited February 2021

The Queen
    LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE HERE

USEDPandora HD for Genesis 8.1 Female
    NOTES:  Does Mousso create any bad products?  Seeing that this is Genesis 8.1 and Mousso created I had to get it for the advanced features, plus she's gorgeous!

THE STORY: 
    I saw her once when she made a public appearance.  What they say about her beauty is very true. 

I might have imagined it in my head but for a brief moment she looked at me and it was as if I were blind.  Yet there was more in her gaze..  A sorrow for the lost king maybe?  Or is it that I knew her once before and she remembered.

Those days..  long forgotten..  but yet I am thankful for.

Created with Pandora HD for Genesis 8.1 Female by the incredible Mousso I just picked up yesterday.

Post edited by junk on
  • The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 224
    edited February 2021

The one thing I would have liked with the new Pandora figure (and any future 8/8.1 release. Either place the pbr and iray materials in a different heading or put a iray/pbr watermark on which is which. Having to browse to the file location to see which is which is a pain. Yes this is in smart content.

But other than that I think Pandora is stunning as always.

David 

Post edited by The Inner Circle on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

Gazing out from the balcony

This couple is Miah and Vernon

• sueya said:

Gazing out from the balcony

This couple is Miah and Vernon

the subtle look on her face looks like she isvery content - btw Miah here looks a little like your avatar here

• junk said:

The Queen
    LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE HERE

USEDPandora HD for Genesis 8.1 Female
    NOTES:  Does Mousso create any bad products?  Seeing that this is Genesis 8.1 and Mousso created I had to get it for the advanced features, plus she's gorgeous!

THE STORY: 
    I saw her once when she made a public appearance.  What they say about her beauty is very true. 

I might have imagined it in my head but for a brief moment she looked at me and it was as if I were blind.  Yet there was more in her gaze..  A sorrow for the lost king maybe?  Or is it that I knew her once before and she remembered.

Those days..  long forgotten..  but yet I am thankful for.

Created with Pandora HD for Genesis 8.1 Female by the incredible Mousso I just picked up yesterday.

impressive and like all the gold

• got some pandora info well the metadata did get messed up nothing mousso can do about that as Daz does that but the new iray pbr shader is the first one of each shader the second one is the legacy old style shader, also she has some bonus expressions select all pandora and in your paremeters tab select pose controls - head - expressions (the first expressions tab with the triangle)- scrolldown and you should see Pandora - select and there are 6 expressions with sliders

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited February 2021

Dino Love 2 (featuring Pandora)

dino love 2
    daz studio 4.15 edited in Paintshop Pro 2021 and ParticleShop
    repainted the T-Rex as well  as added drool and larger eye, painted longer hair on her and added the moss, mold and extra plants

dino love 2.jpg
    2009 x 952 - 3M
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • dtrscbrutaldtrscbrutal Posts: 471
    edited February 2021

Thanks for the Pandora info, ANGELREAPER1972. Love the pose work with the dino!

Trying out the PBR skin shader.

Pandora in Beach View

Link to gallery image

Beach View.jpg
    1050 x 1350 - 1M
    Post edited by dtrscbrutal on
  • What can I say? There are only two things that don't look real to me.

1. The top fabric, looks a bit like plastic film and not woven, which is not yet common..
    2. The fact that someone who looks so gorgeous should exist at all.

Possibly a little application of ThoseThings' vellus hair would add a tiny smidgen to the realism on the lower edge of her rib cage to make the image into one that could be a photo. But I will hold up my hands an admit I am distinctly envious of how beautifully you put this image together. Good starting material helps, but doesn't answer for it all, talent's the bit that fills in the gap.

Regards,

Richard

• You make valid points, Richard. Thanks for the feedback! I did use the abdominal vellus hair from Channel but think I went to subtle with it for the .jpg conversion.

For me, the biggest piece of a good render is the lighting. Get the light right for the image and I can tweak the rest until I am happy with the result. My initial take on the PBR shader is it responds very well to bright light.  

I found this free ballgown at Renderosity and decided to texture it using some lace and floral fabrics. Queenie is the model for this dress. 

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

@sueya Great find and nice retexturing!

• looksgood on her sueya

• like it dtrscbrutal

• The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 224
    edited March 2021

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

.1ok got some info for you all in case your wondering Pandora as posted render from @RendorScot  has posted is the latest from Mousso and yes she is using the Genesis 8.1 base I've asked and Daz is wanting vendors now to mainly use the Genesis 8.1 base especially those that become buyouts/ daz originals so mostly will be Genesis 8.1 versions only but she will be still has some that are both gen 8 and gen 8.1 versions atleast we have the base gen 8.1 in our free starter essentials so we can use them

Sadly for me @Angelreaper1972 they do not line up that in Smart Content. I may just load up the pbr folder and put a PBR watermark on the images. 

And thanks for the tip on the Pandora expressions - don't know how I missed that.

Here is a quick Pandora 8.1 render using the pbr materials/shaders.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • The Inner Circle said:

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

.1ok got some info for you all in case your wondering Pandora as posted render from @RendorScot  has posted is the latest from Mousso and yes she is using the Genesis 8.1 base I've asked and Daz is wanting vendors now to mainly use the Genesis 8.1 base especially those that become buyouts/ daz originals so mostly will be Genesis 8.1 versions only but she will be still has some that are both gen 8 and gen 8.1 versions atleast we have the base gen 8.1 in our free starter essentials so we can use them

Sadly for me @Angelreaper1972 they do not line up that in Smart Content. I may just load up the pbr folder and put a PBR watermark on the images. 

And thanks for the tip on the Pandora expressions - don't know how I missed that.

Here is a quick Pandora 8.1 render using the pbr materials/shaders.

looks nice I still don't get dof correct all the time well rarely do. Mousso told me about the expressions they weren't mentioned on sales page so no one knew I guess. I have noticed in dim updates been a few updates for various products some several so hopefully most of the content released over the last few months with missing content or in wrong sections/labled wrong extra will be fixed soon whichis a lot of content at least a lot of content I've bought over the lastfew months think since last year

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited March 2021

My very first try with Mousso's new "Ginny"

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • Very nice @Mark_e593e0a5 - Ginny (Meagan Fox lookalike in some of the promos) is on my wish list for pay day.

@ANGELREAPER1972 DOF is not that hard. Turn of DOF on the desired camera. The select the camera in the scene view. Change viewport to another camera or best perspective view. You will now see guidelines  coming from the selected camera showing the current focal point range. Play with the sliders until your desired object is in the focus box, tweak the sliders to get the dof blur as heav or as light as you desire and  you are on your way.

Or do a search on dof for some quick video tutorails that can walk you through it visually far better than I can verbally (espeially when not at my daz pc).

David

• The Inner Circle said:

Very nice @Mark_e593e0a5 - Ginny (Meagan Fox lookalike in some of the promos) is on my wish list for pay day.

@ANGELREAPER1972 DOF is not that hard. Turn of DOF on the desired camera. The select the camera in the scene view. Change viewport to another camera or best perspective view. You will now see guidelines  coming from the selected camera showing the current focal point range. Play with the sliders until your desired object is in the focus box, tweak the sliders to get the dof blur as heav or as light as you desire and  you are on your way.

Or do a search on dof for some quick video tutorails that can walk you through it visually far better than I can verbally (espeially when not at my daz pc).

David

thanks David, I just sometimes can't get just right wrong parts blurred same with sometimes with placement of hdr scenes lot of things still got learn to do right

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

My very first try with Mousso's new "Ginny"

nice I like Ginny too actually in my play in some views she kinda reminded me of Kristen Stewart

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited March 2021

Ginny me some more passion

the girl with the camera is one of my creations using facegen, skinbuilder 8 and various morphs
    the models are both Ginny, one with short hair is the Genesis 8 version and the one with long hair is the Genesis 8.1 version

Ginny me some more passion.jpg
    2009 x 952 - 2M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited March 2021

This is Miah with her Dog

MiahplayingwithDog.jpg
    826 x 771 - 316K
    Post edited by sueya on