FirstBastion Sightings [Commercial] sort of

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,369
    edited December 1969

I Spotted "Facing The Dragon At Sunrise" by RenderWizard in the DAZ gallery which uses RidgeWalk Mountains. Great mythic feel to it. Nicely done piece of storytelling. See it full size in the gallery.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/52266

facing-the-dragon-at-sunrise_730_auto.jpg
    730 x 410 - 72K
    edited March 2015

Sometimes we go entire weeks without seeing any images, hence the reason I haven't posted since January, and then boom two in one day. These are both in the DAZ Gallery. First:

Wasteland Vagabonds by teecee2107 is a Very cool Octane render using AmbushAlley desert Road, without the gully, but the dead end sign is what caught my eye, and then recognized the pavement from that set. Really like the struggling to survive vibe from the image, while maintaining the sense of family.
    See it full size at http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/59008/

wasteland-vagabonds_730_auto.jpg
    730 x 365 - 129K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,763
    edited December 1969

I used Ridgewalk for a dragon pic too ;)

Rawn

cliffdragon1.jpg
    1212 x 862 - 303K
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    I used Ridgewalk for a dragon pic too ;)

Rawn

It looks like your dragon has been frightened off by the fearsome looking warrior.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

Today's new freebie, Hoop it up, fits right in and has us playing basketball in The Neighbour's Yard.

00-daz3d_hoop-it-up_.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 239K
    edited December 1969

I spotted living "The Dream" in the Daz gallery today by ImtheRadioMan. Fast car, pretty woman, with the Ambush Alley Desert Road filling up the background. Nicely done. See it full sized http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/60105

the-dream_smal.jpg
    283 x 453 - 57K
  • CoelacanthropyCoelacanthropy Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Today's new freebie, Hoop it up, fits right in and has us playing basketball in The Neighbour's Yard.

Does anyone know where the basketball and fence in this image are located?

02-daz3d_hoop-it-up_.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 240K
    edited April 2015

I check out the galleries daily, because quite frankly love the art. So it's always fun to spot something. Today I saw two of RawArt's image postings. The first was a Alpha Flight's Guardian image using the supersuit textured. Being a Canadian, there's always a bit of nostalgia to our own "official" super heroes, even though we all know, Superman was co-created by a Canadian too.

Rawn's becoming an exceptionally good digital artist on top of being one of the content creation masters.

The second image is Wasteland Warrior, set in the Ambush Alley Wasteland with just a conceptual hint of the protected fort fill up the mist backdrop. And then there's "the dud" (the bomb that did not explode) aptly named. I am always in awe how content gets used.

Check them both out full sized. Here's the link. http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/62119

wasteland-warrior_730_auto.jpg
    730 x 595 - 63K
    edited March 2015

Alright, so I'm clicking through thread in the forums as I usually do, because the Art Studio threads also have awesome art to look at. Today's surprise discovery was Ivy's most excellent renders of some very pretty ladies in the Neighbour's Pools in the Neighbour's Yard. The colours and details are so crisp. My promos on the store page are few years old and the old store had limits on image dimension size. These are more interesting! Thanks!

see them full size. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9050/P540/

pool-girls03.jpg
    600 x 338 - 44K
    edited March 2015

Apparently we have a water theme this week though this water is a little more of the natural earthy kind. I spotted this great image by bohemian3 in the March2015 secret places challenge thread. It's entitled the Forgotten Watering Hole using the Walk Across Water environment. Add a little vegetation and a tree, change some ground textures, bring in Vue to give it a welcoming sky, and we have a great little hide-away for a couple to spend a few hours together. The character poses are very natural. Nice!
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53290/P75

WateringHoleFinal.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 580K
    edited June 2015

I haven't posted a FB sightings in a very long time but today I saw this desert image by LKart in the DAZ Gallery titled The Path Finder. It features Luthbellina's Camel and clothing along with my Desolate Desert Arches envionrment. Excellent sci-fi element image. Love the cant angle of the camera frame and the intensity of the details including what looks like planet Jupiter up against the sky's horizon. See it full size in the gallery.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/74711/

the-path-finder_730_auto.jpg
    730 x 410 - 165K
    edited October 2015

Haven't done a "sighting" since June,  but this awesome image by RawArt in the gallery got me posting. The Outlander was a better than average scifi film starring Jim Caviezel,  a really good, sci-fi-viking crossover when a space man crashland on earth during the iron age.  The render makes great use of atomospheric fog, the DAZ vikings,  and the Walk Across Water footbridges.  Very cool.  I don't know where the spaceship is from.

Check out the full size  gallery image here:  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/91367

the-outlander_sm.jpg
    730 x 584 - 72K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287

been a while since you have done a contest, those are always a lot of fun

Yup its been a while.  But I am sponsoring a contest with some prizes from my store  in the ART forum here at DAZ,  being put on by Novica, 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/63727/contest-entry-thread-because-i-said-so#latest

Today is the last day for submissions.  

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

I remember that I have wrote a suggestion for an old gas station a while ago in the product suggestion and now there it is and really close to what I wanted and so here is my first render, hope you like it.

the gas station first render.jpg
    1650 x 875 - 440K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited October 2015

Yup its been a while.  But I am sponsoring a contest with some prizes from my store  in the ART forum here at DAZ,  being put on by Novica, 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/63727/contest-entry-thread-because-i-said-so#latest

awww man first i have heard of it

Post edited by LycanthropeX on

The deadline is midnight - Utah Time,  so there's still some time,  and the thread's still open if anyone is interested. 

And Cosmo,  I like that render,  the birch trees fill up the scene nicely and give it some nice shading and that lived in look.  Thanks for posting it. 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Some of my own work using your stuff

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/79405/

203 - Elly03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    ModelMeThis3 0005.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    01-Spirit-of-the-Dance-Poses.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 825K

Hey Matty,  I'm liking the middle one.  It might just make the Art of the Promo Thread.

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

I have many of your environments. But this is my latest using your Two Creeks set. So many places for a good scene. Thanks for the hard work!

Great image Etrigan! The effort you put in making each of the horses unique really paid off. There's lots of little details that make it a compelling image to look at.  Thank you for posting it. 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523

I've been using them here and there in my Ulfnaar renders, they work very well and can be kitbashed a lot too.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2015

awww man first i have heard of it

That's because they want contests in the Art Studio thread. There's another Because I Said So! contest starting November 1st, but I've released two of the statements earlier so people can start working on them. FirstBastion was EXTREMELY generous to sponsor the contest this month, giving four people the products. He really supports the forum community. Speaking of which, we need folks to go vote and help determine the winners (see link in signature.)  

I have a LOT of his products- here's Valoria going to his Last Chance Gas Station. As I said in my Art Studio thread, the included 3DL lighting is wonderful- you can use it for other scenes easily.

LastChanceGasStation Valoria.jpg
    1200 x 943 - 967K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited October 2015

Here you go, FB :) I tried it first in Iray, but it don't go as well as I would have liked. I'll have to set up emissives in the lighted fixtures.

Perversely, this version was even more work, as I had to completely rebuild the 3DL shaders for the characters.

HeWasHereAMinuteAgo3DL.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by DarkSpartan on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

DarkSpartan- your image height and width is off. (height is too tall) in your post. In the "postcard" where you inserted the image, you might want to manually put a height of 600 and whatever width corresponds with that. (600 is so all your image can be (usually) seen without having to scroll. 

I like your lighting. I am working on populating some of the stores, as I have that mall too. It is AWESOME!!!!

Novica said:

DarkSpartan- your image height and width is off. (height is too tall) in your post. In the "postcard" where you inserted the image, you might want to manually put a height of 600 and whatever width corresponds with that. (600 is so all your image can be (usually) seen without having to scroll. 

I like your lighting. I am working on populating some of the stores, as I have that mall too. It is AWESOME!!!!

I've been begging for a really nice sale to get that mall, and it just so happens I got one within what I could afford to part with. I'm getting prepared to build props and such to populate it, and some nice textures for all the signage.

As for the lighting, it's a promo set I bought awhile back. The Iray version looks like they're standing in the mall first thing in the morning, before it opens. Came up kinda flat, so I didn't bother posting it.

As for the original, it's 1920x1080, and the forum doesn't like it much.

The shopping mall was made last year,  long before iray was even available for the community,  so it is optimized for 3delight. I am including iray support going forward with my next sets,  and when I release the food court for the mall,  it'll have an iray optimized version. 

The shopping mall was made last year,  long before iray was even available for the community,  so it is optimized for 3delight. I am including iray support going forward with my next sets,  and when I release the food court for the mall,  it'll have an iray optimized version. 

I'll get it worked out, and I'll be waiting to pounce on that food court. Maybe if I manage to assemble a decent set of workable shaders for the existing mall section, I'll pass them along to you. The basic Uber shader works for most of it, but the cinema sign and other things will likely want for emissives.

Then a bunch of props. because that will be fun.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited October 2015

Etrigan, I like your horse herd - nice render! 

Here's a few recent ones I did using the Wilderness: Two Creeks set. Very versatile with lots of places for scenes.

Skirmish at the Creek.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    Two Creeks_boat w eagle.jpg
    1172 x 826 - 951K
    Contest_Lets Paint.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    RGcincy said:

Etrigan, I like your horse herd - nice render! 

Here's a few recent ones I did using the Wilderness: Two Creeks set. Very versatile with lots of places for scenes.

Thanks!

Your contest entry gave me a smile; (why is it always "Dad" who is the moron?wink), and the boatman. You mentioned in the thread that you scaled the boat and man down. That wouldn't have occurred to me, I'd have struggled to scale the reeds up. frown