[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558

I think the majority of my V4 outfits are in my DAZ's Poser library. Will this script work with DAZ's Poser library outfits?

Yes.

hadn't thpough of that. What about other poser runtimes? the vast majority of my V4 items are from when I used poser and as such are in my 14 gig poser directories that are mapped in DS.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

I have noticed a problem with the shoulder elements of some Gen 4 items when fitted to G8 with SY's clones (or via Genesis). See attachments; the product in the example is Angeluz Armour.

Do you think this product can solve that?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-21 um 19.40.00.png
    574 x 448 - 192K
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-21 um 19.41.55.png
    574 x 449 - 199K
  • I think the majority of my V4 outfits are in my DAZ's Poser library. Will this script work with DAZ's Poser library outfits?

Yes.

hadn't thpough of that. What about other poser runtimes? the vast majority of my V4 items are from when I used poser and as such are in my 14 gig poser directories that are mapped in DS.

As long as you can point the script to them, it should handle it.

I think the majority of my V4 outfits are in my DAZ's Poser library. Will this script work with DAZ's Poser library outfits?

Yes.

As long as you can point the script to them, it should handle it.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited January 2019
    Hylas said:

I have noticed a problem with the shoulder elements of some Gen 4 items when fitted to G8 with SY's clones (or via Genesis). See attachments; the product in the example is Angeluz Armour.

Do you think this product can solve that?

In this case, yes or sorta, but you have to trick it.  The script will assign the Bodysuit conformer to the chest piece, which means that by default it thinks those shoulderpads need to follow the arms.  By assigning the Cape conformer to the chest piece (which means basically don't conform much at all), I can make this one work (though the breasts are off some because of this).  This won't work in all cases I would imagine though.

Angeluz.png
    1000 x 1300 - 919K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • IMPORTANT: Due to a limitation in the Daz Studio scripting interface, this script requires a manual step when converting each clothing item.  A dialogue will pop up during conversion and it's as easy as two button clicks!

Maybe you could give a few more details so that we know what the semi-auto process is smiley

• IMPORTANT: Due to a limitation in the Daz Studio scripting interface, this script requires a manual step when converting each clothing item.  A dialogue will pop up during conversion and it's as easy as two button clicks!

Maybe you could give a few more details so that we know what the semi-auto process is smiley

popup_5 tells you what happens:

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

Thanks for the answer!

• Ah, thanks!

• Hylas said:

Thanks for the answer!

Ah, thanks!

No problem!

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Not sure if this has been asked but does this cover V4.1 & V4.2 clothes as well?

• Mouser said:

Not sure if this has been asked but does this cover V4.1 & V4.2 clothes as well?

I don't think it matters.

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited January 2019

I sincerely hope this also means that a Michael 4 to Genesis  3 or 8 is coming out as well in the near future cause I will be the first to 'ka-ching' that sale the second it drops. I've got virtually all the clothing and pose converters from RiverSoftArt and they are just sheer marvels and foundation items in my Daz content collection. 

I do have one question though. I think the previous converters just had an update recently. Did this update improve functionality, and if so would I need to re-convert my previous conversions to see the effects. I asuming I would, but I'm not sure. 

Post edited by Fungible User on
  • Do you have any other examples of converting high-heel shoes? The fourth promo image is somewhat concerning.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,822

Wow, that's a biggie - will wait for it to appear in the store.

• seasailor said:

I sincerely hope this also means that a Michael 4 to Genesis  3 or 8 is coming out as well in the near future cause I will be the first to 'ka-ching' that sale the second it drops. I've got virtually all the clothing and pose converters from RiverSoftArt and they are just sheer marvels and foundation items in my Daz content collection. 

I do have one question though. I think the previous converters just had an update recently. Did this update improve functionality, and if so would I need to re-convert my previous conversions to see the effects. I asuming I would, but I'm not sure. 

Thank you for your support.  The updates received bug fixes that shouldn't require you to reconvert anything, except possibly high-heeled shoes.  The Foot Poser dialog had a bug where it only moved one foot if you had switched it to the right foot view.

• Do you have any other examples of converting high-heel shoes? The fourth promo image is somewhat concerning.

Ummm, the fourth promo image shows how much better the converter does.  On the left, auto-fit makes the foot rip through the front of the boots.  On the right, the converter makes the high-heels work.

• Artini said:

Wow, that's a biggie - will wait for it to appear in the store.

Thanks!  Can't wait to get it in everyone's hands.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Lyoness said:

OMG!

I have SO MUCH V4 clothing.
    This is gonna be AMAZING!!!!

+1 I'm literally bouncing in my seat to find out that I'll be able to convert all my V4 clothing (of which I have a TON) to Genesis 8! Ahhhhhh This is going to be AWESOME! 

I'm so looking forward to this! Thank you RiverSoftArt and Sickleyield! I'm going to be a very very happy camper when I get this! laugh

edited January 2019

Yes.

You are a genius! I really like the G2 to G8 converter and I know I'll love the V4 one too! I've not been this excited about a product in quite a while - I hope it's released soon! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited January 2019

Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content.

If you can come up with a script that helps people more quickly add metadata to items I'd pay good money for that too. Sadly most of my V4 clothing do not have metadata and I really don't know how to add metadata to an item. 

I found a thread that has a tutorial on it but it looks long and complex. If there was a script to streamline that process that would be fantastic and I'm sure people would pay good money for it! As many/most of us have a ton of older products that do not show up in Smart Content.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

OMG you guys did it!  I can't even put into words how excited I am about this.  I have a couple hundred V4 outfits.  She has some of my all time favorite clothing.  Can't dance because I'm at work but I want to!  You guys are just amazing!

• Lyoness said:

OMG!

I have SO MUCH V4 clothing.
    This is gonna be AMAZING!!!!

+1 I'm literally bouncing in my seat to find out that I'll be able to convert all my V4 clothing (of which I have a TON) to Genesis 8! Ahhhhhh This is going to be AWESOME! 

I'm so looking forward to this! Thank you RiverSoftArt and Sickleyield! I'm going to be a very very happy camper when I get this! laugh

Yes.

You are a genius! I really like the G2 to G8 converter and I know I'll love the V4 one too! I've not been this excited about a product in quite a while - I hope it's released soon! :D

LOL laugh  You're welcome.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited January 2019

Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content.

If you can come up with a script that helps people more quickly add metadata to items I'd pay good money for that too. Sadly most of my V4 clothing do not have metadata and I really don't know how to add metadata to an item. 

I found a thread that has a tutorial on it but it looks long and complex. If there was a script to streamline that process that would be fantastic and I'm sure people would pay good money for it! As many/most of us have a ton of older products that do not show up in Smart Content.

That is on my list to do someday (more for doing it for Renderosity stuff) but my list is looooOOOOOOOOooooong. smiley

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • OMG you guys did it!  I can't even put into words how excited I am about this.  I have a couple hundred V4 outfits.  She has some of my all time favorite clothing.  Can't dance because I'm at work but I want to!  You guys are just amazing!

You're welcome!  I wish it was completely automatic. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

OMG you guys did it!  I can't even put into words how excited I am about this.  I have a couple hundred V4 outfits.  She has some of my all time favorite clothing.  Can't dance because I'm at work but I want to!  You guys are just amazing!

You're welcome!  I wish it was completely automatic. 

Don't even care. I honestly didn't think it was possible at all.  A step or two added is a very small price to pay for the ability to use my library of V4 clothing. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited January 2019

Hm, I wasn't sure how excited to get about this announcement because I didn't think I had very much V4 clothing. So I looked at the store and I apparently have 226 items! (Not to mention a lot of freebies from elsewhere) - I think I am a little bit  very very excited after all laugh

Ooh, and another thought - any chance that this will work on Kids 4 clothing or is that a completely different kettle of fish? (I expect the answer to be "no" but thought it doesn't hurt to ask)

Post edited by MelanieL on

Glimpse into the near future - this plugin is released to overwhelming sales - the galleries are flooded with images of new figures wearing older V4 items - many of the new items released have promos showing older V4 clothing in them - the forums are flooded by newbies asking WHAT IS THIS OUTFIT!!?? LMAO! wink

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

wow this would be much needed by me .  I look foreward for this to be released.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited January 2019

Glimpse into the near future - this plugin is released to overwhelming sales - the galleries are flooded with images of new figures wearing older V4 items - many of the new items released have promos showing older V4 clothing in them - the forums are flooded by newbies asking WHAT IS THIS OUTFIT!!?? LMAO! wink

Followed by hundreds of posts saying "well, that WAS (name of outfit) BUT (fill in your choice of the following) =

A -  The vendor pulled the product from their store.
    B - The store that carried it dropped that particular Vendor.
    C - That store is no longer in business.
    D - It was a freebie that's no longer available.
    E - It's an outfit for V3.

Post edited by Cybersox on