[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Minee!! Mine!! Mine!!laugh

• Finlaena said:
    xyer0 said:

You didn't respond to Seasailor's question about an upcoming M4 to G8M version. Is it next?

We have not started one yet, though since we figured out V4 it should be the possible.  It will depend on sales of V4 I think.

I was going to buy this anyways -because wow, there's still a TON of V4 stuff that holds up today-, but now I have an extra impetus to.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the first 2 weeks' sales are crucial for deciding on future products, especially when there is a collaboration.  I'm not sure there will be any more male Hair Conversion products because the sales were low for the Hair Converter G3M->G8M.  Hopefully, there will be a G2M version at least, but I don't know at this point.  

I did my part in buying and hope others read this and do their part, too!

Thanks @missuskisses

• Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

I picked it up today . Thanks SY and RS. it was just what i needed :)

You're welcome! Enjoy and post some conversions! smiley

I'll join in after i get done converting over my collection of clothing by evil innocent, Ha Ha  and my rag clothing folder of course... this convertter works like a charm. Also thanks for adding in for shoe conversions.  that is one of my biggy's i was hoping to be able to convert.  Oh it also appeers that my v4 clothing do not have the hips my g8f does, i seem to get more than a few poke threws there in the hips..  its easy to fit . but something i noticed right away.

Interesting.  I hadn't noticed that, but most of the things I made promos with had bustles or things like that.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I’ll be picking up this later. Then I’ll have the complete set of clothing and hair converters smileyyes

I’ve purchased even where I don’t have much for that particular generation because it means Incan look at back catalogues in a whole new way heart

• I’ll be picking up this later. Then I’ll have the complete set of clothing and hair converters smileyyes

I’ve purchased even where I don’t have much for that particular generation because it means Incan look at back catalogues in a whole new way heart

Thank you so much for your support!

• Slammed it into my cart and paid.  I know what I am going to spend the rest of the weekend doing...

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited January 2019

Puchased and am trying it out now. I am having trouble loading the directory it says no clothing items found yet the folder is full of V4 clothing items. Help please thanks.

"No clothing files detected"??

Post edited by Samanthie on

@Samanthie I find it easier to add Files rather than directories, especially now with the added step of converting to weight mapped ,yup it takes a bit longer and more of your attention but worth it

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    carrie58 said:

@Samanthie I find it easier to add Files rather than directories, especially now with the added step of converting to weight mapped ,yup it takes a bit longer and more of your attention but worth it

Thanks Carrie.  I did notice from the pdf this 'note that V4\M4 clothing files are probably located in My Daz 3d Library\Runtime/Libraries\Character Directory' 

I was loading from the clothing file under people\V4\clothing so that was probably my issue. I have to work on patience and take the time to read through the notes. I think loading the files as you suggest would be a better idea because the script is still loading. Thanks again.

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited January 2019

I've been hoping you and Sickleyield were going to release a converter for the Generation 4 characters seeing how good the rest have been and so I jumped on this as soon as I saw it.  I've spent a very enjoyable day digging out and converting my old V4 items and I think I'm going to have a wishlist full of 'new' ones to buy as well now!  LOL  Even with the manual step it's as simple as all the rest and even if it only takes you 70-90% of the way to getting what you want it still saves a massive amount of time so I can spend it on the fun side of creating renders.  Speaking of which here is a quick one showing a conversion of The New Adventure dress for V4 by Uzilite (https://www.daz3d.com/the-new-adventure) that I have never successfully managed to use on Genesis 3 or 8 (the collar and skirt would be messed up even before posing) but here it is looking absolutely perfect on Zelara 8!  Once again thanks so much for giving new life to some lovely, long forgotten products that deserve another look and anyone wondering if this is worth getting then believe me, if you use G8F and you have any clothing for V4 then it is essential.  I can't say more than that....... except I'm so looking forward to getting the M4 version (After all you mention it in the Manual and you wouldn't want to disappoint everyone, would you?  wink

Space Girl.png
    800 x 800 - 683K
    Post edited by stuthurso on

Heheeehe I wasn't first to ask about M4-G8M but I'll second or third that request!!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited January 2019

Great Product!!!!. I am so happy this was released i have so much v4 clothing you could not even believe

the first capture shows the rpublishing v4 clothing folder i am now currently working on

the second screen capture shows the new folder i created in genesis 8 female for saving the converted clothing in.( Thank you for giving us the option to create and locate where we want to save folders & files, that is a nice feature. .. )

The 3rd one is a test render of the Rpublishing cherish top and silk leggings i have converted,  works like a charm.   congratulations  on a job well done

1.jpg
    1858 x 935 - 193K
    2.jpg
    1317 x 1018 - 147K
    test 01.png
    667 x 1080 - 738K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Slammed it into my cart and paid.  I know what I am going to spend the rest of the weekend doing...

Thanks.  Have fun!

• Samanthie said:
    carrie58 said:

Thanks Carrie.  I did notice from the pdf this 'note that V4\M4 clothing files are probably located in My Daz 3d Library\Runtime/Libraries\Character Directory' 

I was loading from the clothing file under people\V4\clothing so that was probably my issue. I have to work on patience and take the time to read through the notes. I think loading the files as you suggest would be a better idea because the script is still loading. Thanks again.

Yeah, all of my V4 clothing was in My Daz 3d Library\Runtime/Libraries\Character

• stuthurso said:

I've been hoping you and Sickleyield were going to release a converter for the Generation 4 characters seeing how good the rest have been and so I jumped on this as soon as I saw it.  I've spent a very enjoyable day digging out and converting my old V4 items and I think I'm going to have a wishlist full of 'new' ones to buy as well now!  LOL  Even with the manual step it's as simple as all the rest and even if it only takes you 70-90% of the way to getting what you want it still saves a massive amount of time so I can spend it on the fun side of creating renders.  Speaking of which here is a quick one showing a conversion of The New Adventure dress for V4 by Uzilite (https://www.daz3d.com/the-new-adventure) that I have never successfully managed to use on Genesis 3 or 8 (the collar and skirt would be messed up even before posing) but here it is looking absolutely perfect on Zelara 8!  Once again thanks so much for giving new life to some lovely, long forgotten products that deserve another look and anyone wondering if this is worth getting then believe me, if you use G8F and you have any clothing for V4 then it is essential.  I can't say more than that....... except I'm so looking forward to getting the M4 version (After all you mention it in the Manual and you wouldn't want to disappoint everyone, would you?  wink

carrie58 said:

Heheeehe I wasn't first to ask about M4-G8M but I'll second or third that request!!

Yes, yes, there will be an M4!  Enjoy the V4 first! smiley  Thanks for sharing @stuthurso

• Ivy said:

Great Product!!!!. I am so happy this was released i have so much v4 clothing you could not even believe

the first capture shows the rpublishing v4 clothing folder i am now currently working on

the second screen capture shows the new folder i created in genesis 8 female for saving the converted clothing in.( Thank you for giving us the option to create and locate where we want to save folders & files, that is a nice feature. .. )

The 3rd one is a test render of the Rpublishing cherish top and silk leggings i have converted,  works like a charm.   congratulations  on a job well done

That looks great @Ivy!  Thanks for sharing... and thanks for your support.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Was excited to see this in store this morning, would have checked out right away but had to work and wanted to browse the temp pc items, but checked out a bit ago and now converting some clothes :) that sucks about the male hair converter not selling :( I think they all work great, now to browse some V3 outfits to try out :)

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Thank you so much for creating this, it's going to make things a lot easier and open up a whole new runtime :)  

I do hope you look at creating an earlier converter for hair, the problem with the hair could be many G3 hair products are easy fitted to G8 but it's a different story when you come to earlier models especially V4 to G8.

• dkgoose said:

Was excited to see this in store this morning, would have checked out right away but had to work and wanted to browse the temp pc items, but checked out a bit ago and now converting some clothes :) that sucks about the male hair converter not selling :( I think they all work great, now to browse some V3 outfits to try out :)

Thanks.  Please post some conversions!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,370
    edited January 2019
    Allegra said:

Thank you so much for creating this, it's going to make things a lot easier and open up a whole new runtime :)  

I do hope you look at creating an earlier converter for hair, the problem with the hair could be many G3 hair products are easy fitted to G8 but it's a different story when you come to earlier models especially V4 to G8.

I agree.  My G8F clothes closet is huge now! smiley

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited January 2019

Apologies for the lazy renders, just wanted to do some quick conversion images, will post some better ones later, will update as more finish

673F9C8B-AC58-4718-830D-D9CDDAF936A3.png
    945 x 990 - 515K
    82F05144-36AF-47E5-8DF7-5E10FF21149B.png
    945 x 990 - 521K
    2C3913D8-58EC-48EC-A4C0-FF0D7336B3D6.png
    945 x 990 - 282K
    6F2D4240-9762-43AF-B96E-F91C781374B7.png
    945 x 990 - 760K
    5CD05647-46CE-4CCE-AC84-4457E6C491EF.png
    945 x 990 - 384K
    3B49DE78-FFC0-45EA-BF07-90E5B8CFE29A.png
    945 x 990 - 444K
    34AB5051-97F3-48F8-BE15-7DD4EABA1BC5.png
    945 x 990 - 2M
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

The conversions are looking good, how does this do on V4 shoes, expecially high heels?  I spent all of today converting just my G3F wardrobe, 885 items.  Out of those about 200 items didn't convert for various reasons and I had to go through those manually and force conversion, ending up with around 60 items that woldn't convert.

edited January 2019

I tried adding various items I’m gonna try footware separate though, they seemed to end up ballooned up but I didn’t read the manual all the way yet so that’s my fault lol, I’ll post images soon :)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    dkgoose said:

I tried adding various items I’m gonna try footwaee separate though, they seemed to end up ballooned up but I didn’t read the manual all the way yet so that’s my fault lol, I’ll post images soon :)

Looking forward to seeing them converted, I have this converter sitting in  my cart still to buy , but I still have all male wardrobes to convert and genesis and g2 female wardrobe and all my hair items

The shoes actually convert pretty good, you might need to adjust morphs built in some of the footware but that’s the product itself

1A2D7257-44E3-433D-91E4-D83CFA3FFBDD.png
    945 x 990 - 128K
    2E55AD84-D00C-422B-B2FC-A681BA2EFE70.png
    945 x 990 - 336K
    5E970D7B-A538-401B-98D9-5D6D71DAAA24.png
    945 x 990 - 435K
    edited January 2019

These are some V3 Clothing I converted to V4 with crossdresser than used this to convert to G8F, if needed this post can be removed, not sure if it’s ok or not :/

59679C63-52A5-4AEB-8C76-F8ED5FEF3F11.png
    945 x 990 - 555K
    25DE5667-3561-4895-A3BD-433C9A40236B.png
    945 x 990 - 301K
    7B5FE4BE-5D96-4CB5-8C39-DFC48012821D.png
    945 x 990 - 115K
    7B32DD23-F7DA-4BC1-8C10-506827B53B77.png
    945 x 990 - 282K
  • Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

A big thank you RSSY, for these products. Have had some old Alfaseed and Aeon Soul outfits forever and am finally getting them up todate. This example is Ony Tribal (Aeon Soul) for G2F, But have been bust batch converting som V4 stuff too from my now "irreplaceable" RDNA catalogue - have them backed up on a few drives too, just saying :) Haven't converted these to Iray yet, but have had your converter for a while and already know it will bring them to life as well.

The default autofit converter was okay, But your products just keep adjustments and add a few more. Amazingly impressed guys. Again, Thank you.

ony-tribal_test.png
    769 x 1000 - 366K
  • AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Thank you both so very much, a quick 1st try with Medusa for V4 and works a treat, the sleeves are perfect, skirt could have done with a little smoothing but this was just a quick tryout....well this will keep me busy for awhile ;) 

medusatest.jpg
    538 x 811 - 154K
  • TerryDTerryD Posts: 27

I don't know how long V4 and M4 were around for but I've got more clothes and hair for them than all my Genesis 1-8 content put together. It's a no-brainer for me to buy something that allows me to convert that older content without compromising the usability, and then dump the older version. I'm beginning to feel the same about Genesis 1 though I've got less content for that.

I'm afraid I'm not surprised the G3M to G8M hair converter did not sell so well, I think there isn't such a gap there to fill. It must be difficult given the time and effort you must be putting into this to judge how much old content is out there and how many owners of that content will buy these products. Personally I'll buy any generation 4 or Genesis 1 conversion product you put in the store!

BTW I've been a bit reluctant to get into G8 as I feel I'm having to buy things I already have and that my content is getting spread across so many generations. Consolidating content on G8 makes G8 much more attractive to me so now I'm looking to buy more G8 stuff! I suppose that probably means G9 is imminent...

Thanks for marketing such a great product.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    TerryD said:

I don't know how long V4 and M4 were around

V4 was released in December 2006, M4 in October 2008.