[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• OMG you guys did it!  I can't even put into words how excited I am about this.  I have a couple hundred V4 outfits.  She has some of my all time favorite clothing.  Can't dance because I'm at work but I want to!  You guys are just amazing!

You're welcome!  I wish it was completely automatic. 

Don't even care. I honestly didn't think it was possible at all.  A step or two added is a very small price to pay for the ability to use my library of V4 clothing. 

That is what we hoped but you never know.  People expect it to be automatic now.  But we made sure the text and promos emphasize the difference so hopefully no one will be disappointed.

• MelanieL said:

Hm, I wasn't sure how excited to get about this announcement because I didn't think I had very much V4 clothing. So I looked at the store and I apparently have 226 items! (Not to mention a lot of freebies from elsewhere) - I think I am a little bit  very very excited after all laugh

Ooh, and another thought - any chance that this will work on Kids 4 clothing or is that a completely different kettle of fish? (I expect the answer to be "no" but thought it doesn't hurt to ask)

I haven't tried it.  I think if you play around with the figure that is doing the conversion (scale the G8F as tall as Kids 4) it *might* work.

• Glimpse into the near future - this plugin is released to overwhelming sales - the galleries are flooded with images of new figures wearing older V4 items - many of the new items released have promos showing older V4 clothing in them - the forums are flooded by newbies asking WHAT IS THIS OUTFIT!!?? LMAO! wink

LOL laugh   Certainly I hope the first part is true at least smiley

• Ivy said:

wow this would be much needed by me .  I look foreward for this to be released.

I think you will like it.  I was surprised that there are still some good V4 outfits that have no equivalents in later generations.

• Cybersox said:

Glimpse into the near future - this plugin is released to overwhelming sales - the galleries are flooded with images of new figures wearing older V4 items - many of the new items released have promos showing older V4 clothing in them - the forums are flooded by newbies asking WHAT IS THIS OUTFIT!!?? LMAO! wink

Followed by hundreds of posts saying "well, that WAS (name of outfit) BUT (fill in your choice of the following) =

A -  The vendor pulled the product from their store.
    B - The store that carried it dropped that particular Vendor.
    C - That store is no longer in business.
    D - It was a freebie that's no longer available.
    E - It's an outfit for V3.

A-D will definitely happen! smiley

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

The last one may happen also as crossdresser was a popular addon for converting clothing from one figure to another and saving copies of it, so technically they could be V3 items originally. I know I have a runtime with about 30 outfits from V3 converted to V4.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited January 2019

The last one may happen also as crossdresser was a popular addon for converting clothing from one figure to another and saving copies of it, so technically they could be V3 items originally. I know I have a runtime with about 30 outfits from V3 converted to V4.

Ah!  I hadn't realized that.  I only got into Daz Studio a couple of years ago (about 20-25 years ago I think I used Poser 1 or something though)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited January 2019

(Slightly off topic) Don't forget https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-3-female-s let V3 clothes fit Genesis 3, so with https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female you can already fit V3 clothes to G8F, if not as well as a pure RiverSoft Art product.

And my money is ready for when the new V4 to G8 appears wink

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

(Slightly off topic) Don't forget https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-3-female-s let V3 clothes fit Genesis 3, so with https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female you can already fit V3 clothes to G8F, if not as well as a pure RiverSoft Art product.

SHHHHHH!  We're trying to prime the pump for a V3 to G8F convertor! 

• Cybersox said:

SHHHHHH!  We're trying to prime the pump for a V3 to G8F convertor! 

Ack!  Another generation!?!?  smiley

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

You didn't respond to Seasailor's question about an upcoming M4 to G8M version. Is it next?

• xyer0 said:

You didn't respond to Seasailor's question about an upcoming M4 to G8M version. Is it next?

We have not started one yet, though since we figured out V4 it should be the possible.  It will depend on sales of V4 I think.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    Ivy said:

I think you will like it.  I was surprised that there are still some good V4 outfits that have no equivalents in later generations.

yes you are so right there is alot of everyday wear specially thats never been remade or duplicated .. I have so many v4 & m4 outfits i would love to convert to g8 just for that reason that there is no equivalent. I also have a lot of rag clothing for A4/v4 and 3dage clothing that I woul;d just love to convert ... Any ETA on this product :)

• Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

yes you are so right there is alot of everyday wear specially thats never been remade or duplicated .. I have so many v4 & m4 outfits i would love to convert to g8 just for that reason that there is no equivalent. I also have a lot of rag clothing for A4/v4 and 3dage clothing that I woul;d just love to convert ... Any ETA on this product :)

Soon? smiley  (Release dates are up to Daz)

• *Wads up money to get ready to toss*

Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

And there's a lot that, while it HAS been duplicated, is still nice to have alternate variations.  One of the thing that's really bugged me about many of the post-Genesis releases is the excessive scultping of folds and wrinkles, especially on the pants of outfits.  I understand that DAZ often insists on this and I assume it's to help hide the "shrink wrap" nature of many pre-dforce clothing items, but the end result is that even while there may be different textures available for most items, you can't put two of the same thing in a scene without the identical folds and bulges giving away the fact that it's the same model. 

• *Wads up money to get ready to toss*

LOL.  (Let me get my catcher's mitt) smiley

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    Cybersox said:
    Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

And there's a lot that, while it HAS been duplicated, is still nice to have alternate variations.  One of the thing that's really bugged me about many of the post-Genesis releases is the excessive scultping of folds and wrinkles, especially on the pants of outfits.  I understand that DAZ often insists on this and I assume it's to help hide the "shrink wrap" nature of many pre-dforce clothing items, but the end result is that even while there may be different textures available for most items, you can't put two of the same thing in a scene without the identical folds and bulges giving away the fact that it's the same model. 

I've found that adding and increasing the smoothing modifier causes sculpted folds and wrinkles to lessen or even disappear.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

OMG!!! How am I just now seeing this? Hurray!! I guess that means I have a shorter wait timelaugh Thank you thank you thank you!!

• Oh my god, my 3d goddess has heard my prayers, XD I NEED this!

• carrie58 said:

OMG!!! How am I just now seeing this? Hurray!! I guess that means I have a shorter wait timelaugh Thank you thank you thank you!!

Yes, I would say your wait time will be shorter smiley

• TaishoBee said:

Oh my god, my 3d goddess has heard my prayers, XD I NEED this!

smiley

It's here!  laughsmileydevilyesheart

• Cybersox said:

It's here!  laughsmileydevilyesheart

Yes it is!  smiley  Enjoy!

• xyer0 said:

We have not started one yet, though since we figured out V4 it should be the possible.  It will depend on sales of V4 I think.

I was going to buy this anyways -because wow, there's still a TON of V4 stuff that holds up today-, but now I have an extra impetus to.

• Finlaena said:
    xyer0 said:

I was going to buy this anyways -because wow, there's still a TON of V4 stuff that holds up today-, but now I have an extra impetus to.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the first 2 weeks' sales are crucial for deciding on future products, especially when there is a collaboration.  I'm not sure there will be any more male Hair Conversion products because the sales were low for the Hair Converter G3M->G8M.  Hopefully, there will be a G2M version at least, but I don't know at this point.  

edited January 2019

I picked it up today . Thanks SY and RS. it was just what i needed :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

You're welcome! Enjoy and post some conversions! smiley

• Finlaena said:
    xyer0 said:

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the first 2 weeks' sales are crucial for deciding on future products, especially when there is a collaboration.  I'm not sure there will be any more male Hair Conversion products because the sales were low for the Hair Converter G3M->G8M.  Hopefully, there will be a G2M version at least, but I don't know at this point.  

I did my part in buying and hope others read this and do their part, too!
    Ivy said:

You're welcome! Enjoy and post some conversions! smiley

I'll join in after i get done converting over my collection of clothing by evil innocent, Ha Ha  and my rag clothing folder of course... this convertter works like a charm. Also thanks for adding in for shoe conversions.  that is one of my biggy's i was hoping to be able to convert.  Oh it also appeers that my v4 clothing do not have the hips my g8f does, i seem to get more than a few poke threws there in the hips..  its easy to fit . but something i noticed right away.