XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• RbugRbug Posts: 166

ok i cannot find it at all???

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited August 2019

It isn't released yet.

I'm eagerly awaiting its release.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • RbugRbug Posts: 166

oh ok thought it was someone was asking for instructions on how to use it.....guess they were in wrong spot. Ok

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    Rbug said:

oh ok thought it was someone was asking for instructions on how to use it.....guess they were in wrong spot. Ok

Sorry trhat was me,  I posted in the wrong thread but can't find away to remove my post

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    Platnumk said:
    Rbug said:

Sorry trhat was me,  I posted in the wrong thread but can't find away to remove my post

You have the wrong thread, this product hasn't been released yet

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    Platnumk said:
    Rbug said:

You can't remove a post, but you can always edit it to remove the question.

Platnumk said:
    Rbug said:

You have the wrong thread, this product hasn't been released yet

I realised that after posting,  I got it mixed up with another product that has a simular name

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Platnumk said:
    Rbug said:

you can always click the flag  (under your username) to report the post and ask the Mods to remove it

Chohole said:
    Platnumk said:
    Rbug said:

you can always click the flag  (under your username) to report the post and ask the Mods to remove it

Thanks for the tip,  I will remember that for the next time I make a mistake

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited August 2019

Okay. What *kind* of characters *precisely* is this supposed to transfer? Just characters with whatever morphs or settings they come with out of the box?

Or will it work with dial-spun characters? I know it won't transfer dial-spins from dials that are labeled HD (i.e.,about half of your aging morphs), but what about dial spins from recognized morph packages in the shaping or parameters pallete? How about scaling? Will it transfer that, or will we need to make a list of any scaling used in the source figure and reproduce it in the transfered version? (i.e., head propagating scale, hands, feet, leg length, whatever?)

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited August 2019

Say you choose Victoria 7 character dial, the script will look at all linked morphs that dial requires and select those, Eg head and body etc, then it will look at head and see what morphs is linked to that and select those etc. Basically it will transfer all morphs the selected character requires. You can also just select manually what morphs you want to transfer. This is a morph transfer product, not a character transfer product, but if you select Character A, it will transfer character A and all morphs required to get character A working. So yes if head propagating scale is part of the character it should select all those, or you can simply favourite all currently used and transfer those and make a matching character preset. We still working out some things, but in theory that is how its drafted.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Thank you. I have a lot of fairly extreme dial-spins that I'd like to bring up to date. But there's a *lot* of dial-spinning to have to navigate.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

This may be a sale from me.  Since this supports male and female and from and too 3 and 8.  

• I'm sure there would be lots of interest from folk wanting to update legacy items from M4 / V4 onwards. :)

Legacy can wait..Focus is G3 to G8, G8 to G3, and possibly cross gender.. Once those are perfected we will look at other modules. No guarentee though. We will have to look at the viability of them first.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    Zev0 said:

Legacy can wait..Focus is G3 to G8, G8 to G3, and possibly cross gender..

Yes! Cross gender! yes 

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    xyer0 said:
    gerster said:
    Zev0 said:

No..Only way that is possible is if the HD tools are distributed which is not allowed. If we find a way around it we will do it.

A shame DAZ does not create a limited version of the tools that can be called by the script API that only allow for transfer of existing HD morphs and not creating whole new HD morphs.  This would allow DAZ to continue to maintain their monopoly while allowing users to move their favorite HD characters to the newest generation.

+1

+2

+3

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

Zev0 said:

Legacy can wait..Focus is G3 to G8, G8 to G3, and possibly cross gender.. Once those are perfected we will look at other modules. No guarentee though. We will have to look at the viability of them first.

I would have thought that cross gender was easier than G3->G8, given the two meshes are near identical, and the only significant difference is a few hundred extra polys in the female chest area.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Sorry, came back here to make the usual dumb question about incoming products: When it will be on the store? blush

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

i’m looking forward to it too, i took advantage of the sale earlier to get the $15 store credit specifically so i can put it towards this product lol, now just patiently waiting for its release

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

Any chance this will be out before the other vendor releases their male version which they just annouced? I'd love to see Zevo get the sales first for a change, just saying.

No Idea..... We ran into a serious issue where the morph deltas sometimes refused to stick when you opened a new Genesis 8. So when you dialled up the morph slider the figure didn't change. It's a bug in studio but we busy on a work around because we cannot wait for a studio update just to address this problem. We will get our sales when the time comes lol...hopefullycheeky

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited August 2019

This will go in my cart the moment it is released!  Thank you Zev0!

Question:  Will there be a maintenance feature?  I.e., will I be able to delete any unwanted morphs?

Post edited by dracorn on

Well since all morphs will go into an Xtransfer folder you can just manually delete them there in your content directory. We will see how viable having a script removal version is, but that is not on the cards atm.

Zev0 said:

Well since all morphs will go into an Xtransfer folder you can just manually delete them there in your content directory. We will see how viable having a script removal version is, but that is not on the cards atm.

Oh.  Well then if they are readily available, then there is no need for a script to do that.  I just wanted to make sure they were accessible.  I was having some trouble with the free scripts creating some morphs which I was unable to remove.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    Zev0 said:

No Idea..... We ran into a serious issue where the morph deltas sometimes refused to stick when you opened a new Genesis 8. So when you dialled up the morph slider the figure didn't change. It's a bug in studio but we busy on a work around because we cannot wait for a studio update just to address this problem. We will get our sales when the time comes lol...hopefullycheeky

Credit card standing by.

Once you do release, how long do you think it might be between the G3 to G8 and the G8 to G3? 

— Walt Sterdan

I cannot answer that question at this stage. I'm sure it wont be long since the majority of groundwork is being done in the G3 to G8 version.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,094
    Zev0 said:
    xyer0 said:

Thanks, Zev0. Does "favourited" mean "selected," or does it refer to: The clicking of the heart icon on a parameter?

Yes the heart icon. And If you want to favourite multiple morphs all at once, just go into edit mode, then hold shift and click on selection, right click and favourite selection. We didn't want the morph selection to be within a script. We found selecting morphs natively on the figure a better approach, since most users are used to finding morphs that way on their figures.

I don't see heart icons. How do you make a heart icon appear? Can anyone post a screen shot of where the heart icons are?

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958
    inquire said:
    Zev0 said:
    xyer0 said:

Thanks, Zev0. Does "favourited" mean "selected," or does it refer to: The clicking of the heart icon on a parameter?

Yes the heart icon. And If you want to favourite multiple morphs all at once, just go into edit mode, then hold shift and click on selection, right click and favourite selection. We didn't want the morph selection to be within a script. We found selecting morphs natively on the figure a better approach, since most users are used to finding morphs that way on their figures.

I don't see heart icons. How do you make a heart icon appear? Can anyone post a screen shot of where the heart icons are?

You can find them on the Parameters, right beside the morph name:

Will there be a maintenance utility to remove unwanted morphs?